2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176016 - 02/06/01 11:21 AM how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
gx_ca Offline

Loc: san jose, ca
ok. let me preface this by saying, "I DO NOT LIKE MY NEIGHBORS & THEIR PUNK ASS KIDS!!!" alright, that's out of my system...

so, i'm heading out to dinner w/ the b/f. i walk passed the front & what do i see? 2 squiggly lines from those fat markers. my b/f tried rubbing it off w/ his fingers. it got most of it off, but there's still marks on there. it's the stock front end.
my question - is there any way or any product available to get rid of the remaining or it is stuck on there forever?

boo hoo

------------------

#176017 - 02/06/01 11:55 AM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
You need to try a petroleum solvent like lighter fluid. It won't damage paint or plastic either.

------------------
01 Goldrush XE w/3 pack
MAINFRAMES are back..PC's make good doorstops

#176018 - 03/06/01 06:57 PM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
Carl Offline

Loc: San Pedro, Ca
Product called "Goof Off" will help you. I use it for similar reasons at my business. You can buy it at Home Depot.

------------------
-Carl
Silver XE 4x4
5-Speed

#176019 - 03/06/01 07:24 PM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
legend Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Not sure what this would do.. but.. we use dry erase markers over perminent ink marks and then wipe it off.. Works like a champ on most surfaces.. Not to sure about a bumper..

------------------
- Josh
www.uxoc.org

#176020 - 04/06/01 09:52 AM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
gx_ca Offline

hey guys,
thanks for all the suggestions! much appreciated. so, now my question is: how bad will rubbing alcohol affect the bumper? b/f got to it before i could read your posts. i might have to go over it again as it looked like the rubbing alcohol just smeared it all over instead of the squiggly lines. but, the bumper won't start deteriorating on me, will it?

------------------

#176021 - 04/06/01 11:17 AM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
gx_ca

Rubbing alcohol should not bother the bumper. Just for your information, alcohol is used to prevent windshield washer fluid from freezing. That spray finds it's way onto the paint and no problems are reported.

dave and xtoy - put marker on the kids

------------------

#176022 - 04/06/01 01:26 PM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
gx_ca Offline

oh thx a bunch for the reassurance, davedatsun! you are so knowledgeable in this dept...
just didn't want to walk out to my x & see the bumper all bubbly & warped cuz i used the wrong cleaning solvent.
have a good day!

------------------

#176023 - 05/06/01 02:50 PM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
kandacarlson Offline

Loc: United States
How bad do you dislike you neighbors? If you really don't like them (and they/you are moving soon), you could ask their insurance to pay for a repaint.
Oh wait a minute, you said Marks-a-Lot, thats permanent damage to the structural integrity of the metal. Looks like they might have to upgrade your bumper to an ARB

------------------
2001 SE 4x4 5-speed
Super Black

#176024 - 05/06/01 03:45 PM Re: how to remove: marks-a-lot on bumper
gx_ca Offline

oh kanda, thanks for making me smile... not a bad idea - but i don't know which little bastards did it... it's a fairly lg complex (over 100 units) & it seems all the kids are very poorly mannered - it could have been any one of them.
and move??? you know where i'm from, right? the only reason i'm still here is cuz elsewhere it'd be @ least $500/mo more. & yeah, i can afford the add'l 5 bills, but i also know that money can go towards saving for a house w/ my own garage for my x. so, sacrifices must be made, unfortunately, my x is the one suffering for it. :{

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal