2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#650100 - 01/05/05 08:18 AM Front Swaybar Link Bushings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a nasty metal to metal scraping noise if I make a slow sharp left turn and stop. I had my dealership check it out and they said it was my bushings and it would be $550 to replace them. Ive checked prices and i can get the part for fairly cheap so the problem must be the install. I cant find any documentation online about it. Im curious how difficult a project this is. Im fairly decent with car repair. Has anyone done this before? Maybe have some instructions?

#650101 - 01/05/05 12:13 PM Re: Front Swaybar Link Bushings
Anonymous
Unregistered

The sway bar bushings themselves are the larger, zerk fitted objects w/ the brass looking clamps from 9-4:30. The zerk is a nice touch but the metal used for the clamps did not hold up under one offroad experience for me :rolleyes: . I have since replaced them (the clamps, the bushings work fine..) and gone back to the OE clamp. The sway bar end link bushings are the ones in a "stick formation" @ 6-7:30, and have the metal sleeve between the tops and bottoms . They fit two each atop and below your sway bar ends and provide a considerable difference in handling and ride control. That is, if you drive on roads and have them attached at all... Energy Suspension makes the ones shown (there are others too), and I also have TRE dust covers and bumpstops from them. The installs are very easy and should take no more than .5 hour each job.

Oh, and I don't think you have a bushing problem either, sounds like your steering stops are set too far out, dial 'em in. And please check out the search function for any other questions you'll have, if it hasn't been asked before [Huh?] , you win a prize [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal