2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184160 - 17/06/06 05:37 AM NGK PLUGS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have bought the NGK iridium plugs to put into my Xterra myself. Recently I booked an appointment to get my oil changed at the local Nissan dealership and the service guy did not recommend installing the NGK plugs into my vehicle. He said there has been problems with them and recommended the Nissan plugs...which of course he sells over the counter. Is he just trying to make a sale or does he speak the the truth?
Can someone please tell me if I should install the NKG plugs or follow his advice and install the Nissan plugs? confused
Thanks

#184161 - 17/06/06 07:36 AM Re: NGK PLUGS
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
There's no such thing as a "Nissan" plug.

Your engine came from the factory with NGK Laser Platinum plugs.

Any Nissan tech with more than a couple of years under his belt should know that Nissan engines generally perfer NGK plugs in the first place.

I put NGK V-power plugs in mine when I changed them, it's happy.

There's no reason you shouldn't put the iridium plugs in there, and I've seen plenty of posts from others here that have as well. They're going in mine (indexed no less) when I swap in the ported cylinder heads soon...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#184162 - 17/06/06 09:01 AM Re: NGK PLUGS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
There's no reason you shouldn't put the iridium plugs in there, and I've seen plenty of posts from others here that have as well.
[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal