shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#189461 - 03/12/02 09:02 AM calmini 3in lift install
robloy11 Offline

Loc: Knoxville
I know that there is a detailed install of the calmini lift with pictures at xterra parts, but i thought i saw another good one a while back. I can't remember where it was though. Can anyone tell me where i could find a detailed install including needed tools, pictures, and step by step instructions.
I did do a seach and looked around yesterday but i couldn't find what i was looking for, if anyone could point me to a web site that would be great.
Thanks
Robert

#189462 - 03/12/02 02:36 PM Re: calmini 3in lift install
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
What about the instructions that come with the lift ?

#189463 - 03/12/02 02:54 PM Re: calmini 3in lift install
robloy11 Offline

i'm not actualy getting there full lift so i'm not sure instructions will come with it. i already have torsion bars and shackles not from them. but i'm going to get the rest of the lift from them, the front UCA's, 4 shocks, and the add a leaf. i am also going to get there idler arm brace. so i'm not realy buying there "kit" but most of the parts are from them. i'm also getting slr tie-rod adjusters while i'm at it.
how detailed are the instructions from them? Are they posted on the web so i can have a look at them?
Thanks

#189464 - 03/12/02 03:02 PM Re: calmini 3in lift install
kayak_x Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Calmini's instructions are on their web site.
The full lift instructions are here.
I believe they are the same ones you found at xterraparts.com

#189465 - 03/12/02 03:08 PM Re: calmini 3in lift install
robloy11 Offline

Also i know that the kit comes with rear sway bar extinsion links. Do i need these? or can my original extinsion links work.
thanks
robert

#189466 - 03/12/02 04:51 PM Re: calmini 3in lift install
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by robloy11:
Also i know that the kit comes with rear sway bar extinsion links. Do i need these? or can my original extinsion links work.
thanks
robert
You don't need the extension links unless you want the disconnect feature. For me, it only takes a few minutes to remove the whole bar when I'm going wheeling so I skipped them.

Calmini doesn't send instructions for anything...you have to get them off their website. FWIW, if Calmini doesn't have the answer in their instructions, SLR probably does. I've used both of their instructions before on things since they are interchangeable for similar items.

Buy a set of 3 pickle forks from Sears; you almost surely will need them.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal