2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198409 - 14/10/05 12:14 PM Hrm. Brake lights dont work.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi. I was just informed by a nice officer that my brake lights on my 04 do not function.

I checked it out when I got home to see what was going on, and its slightly strange. The lights function when I turn on my lights, but when I hit my brakes, they dont brighten. Could there be a chance this is just a fuse problem?

Anyone have any solution to this that I may be able to fix myself?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

#198410 - 14/10/05 01:03 PM Re: Hrm. Brake lights dont work.
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Could be, check your fuses first. If it's not the fuse then the brake light switch could of gone bad. If it's not the fuses then I'd take it in under warranty. I'm assuming it's still under warranty as it's only an 04.

Axle

#198411 - 14/10/05 01:09 PM Re: Hrm. Brake lights dont work.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check 20A fuse #22. If good, check the bulb themselves (Not likely for all 3 bulbs to go out at once). Check wiring to back lights and connections. Check the stop lamp switch, the one that activates when you depress the brake pedal for unhooked wires.Maybe the wire disconnected if your foot hit it or was not on securly from the factory. Did you add a trailer wiring harness to your X? Did you add anything electrical recently..like new radio or something?? Hope this helps.

#198412 - 14/10/05 01:19 PM Re: Hrm. Brake lights dont work.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you have the wiring for the hitch installed? If you do it might be shorting out

#198413 - 14/10/05 03:18 PM Re: Hrm. Brake lights dont work.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its not the fuse. The truck only has ~500 miles of warranty left, so Im taking it in to get a few other things looked at as well.

Oh well, no loss.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal