2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207446 - 30/04/03 09:47 AM Political Correctness
kev0153 Offline

Loc: Woodbridge, Virginia
Check this out:

"LOS ANGELES — A textbook review process in California has changed or eliminated references to everything from the Founding Fathers (search) to hot dogs, leaving many to charge the state with distorting history in the name of political correctness.

The textbook review process, which is routinely done in many states, is meant to eliminate or replace outdated words or phrases. But what's happening in California has a lot of people wondering – quite literally – "Where's the beef?"

That's because many California textbooks will no longer feature pictures of hot dogs, sodas, cakes, butter and other kinds of food that are not considered nutritious. Nor will the books contain any phrases judged to be sexist or politically insensitive"

For the rest go here.

Fox News

#207447 - 30/04/03 10:20 AM Re: Political Correctness
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Didnt we have a conversation not too long ago about how all the really inane, goofy, just plain nutty shit all goes on in California?

What planet do these people live on? "The Framers?" It sound like a bad TV show. No mention of unhealthy foods? Are you fucking kidding me?! Its like Pharoah: "Let the Hot Dog be stricken from all records, so let it be written, so let it be done." But do they still realize most of these kids will be able to walk down the street and get a hotdog at the corner CircleK? (or whatever they have in California.) Whats the point!!! mad

"We need to make sure that all ethnicities are represented. We need to make sure that both males and females are represented. We need to make sure that our materials cover the full gamut."

From what I learned, there were no women or blacks involved in the writing of the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. Right or wrong that is the way it was, rewriting history to ignore this fact is just plain wrong. I find this revisionist point of view offensive.

#207448 - 30/04/03 11:00 AM Re: Political Correctness
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Yep, they are butchering all the great works to, from Shakespeare to Mark Twain.... Taking out any racial or gender references and replacing them with PC references.... It is bullshit if the highest order.....

#207449 - 30/04/03 11:01 AM Re: Political Correctness
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Here in Texas they are trying to remove history of the fight at the Alamo, and other large pieces of our history so they don't offend the Mexicans. It is the same type of revisionist crap that makes me sick.

We are going to raise a bunch of PC wussies in the generations to come that don't know whether they are male or female. This ranks right along with the morons that don't think we should keep score at kids sporting events so 'everyone wins'. These fucking people make me sick.

#207450 - 30/04/03 11:28 AM Re: Political Correctness
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Here in Texas they are trying to remove history of the fight at the Alamo, and other large pieces of our history so they don't offend the Mexicans. It is the same type of revisionist crap that makes me sick.

We are going to raise a bunch of PC wussies in the generations to come that don't know whether they are male or female. This ranks right along with the morons that don't think we should keep score at kids sporting events so 'everyone wins'. These fucking people make me sick.
Too late. We already are. I can't believe they play scoreless baseball for little league so neither team will loose. Kids have no sense of pride or how it feels to win or loose.
These kids will go into the Corp. world and fail and not understand why.
I left CA and moved to TX via WA and WA is just as bad.

#207451 - 30/04/03 11:52 AM Re: Political Correctness
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
I would like to point out that not all of us who live in california are like these assholes.

I believe in a persons right to drink, smoke eat or fuck whatever the hell you want. If somebody gets offended, too fucking bad.

Read my post about the CA DMV, you'll know how I feel about our wonderful state

Although things will get a little better once Todrick moves laugh

#207452 - 30/04/03 01:39 PM Re: Political Correctness
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
I would like to point out that not all of us who live in california are like these assholes.
So true. I think one of the reasons Cali always seems to be on the front page with stuff like this is that the population dwarfs other states. By sheer chance of the numbers, California is more likely than most states to appear whacked.

#207453 - 30/04/03 10:56 PM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Loc: Burnaby, B.C.
It is starting to seem like PC is just a simplified form of Communism. :rolleyes:

Pretty soon, you won't be able to think your yourself. So much for the 'land of the free'! (no offense guys - I just wanted to use your motto - it's no better up here) laugh

#207454 - 30/04/03 11:20 PM Re: Political Correctness
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm sick of what schools are doing! All this changing text books and banning certain literature and everything is just bullshit. How are kids suppose to learn, think for themselves, and be diverse if they all get fed the same PC crap all the time? And twisting history to satisfy a few whackos?

If I had kids I'd be embarrassed to put them into a public school.

I should add that pretty soon there won't be anything left to teach. All things are offensive to someome, so when everything offensive and not PC is gone there will be nothing left. Then we all wonder why kids are getting out of school with a lack of skills, common sense, or creativity. :rolleyes:

#207455 - 30/04/03 11:29 PM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I'm sick of what schools are doing! All this changing text books and banning certain literature and everything is just bullshit. How are kids suppose to learn, think for themselves, and be diverse if they all get fed the same PC crap all the time? And twisting history to satisfy a few whackos?

If I had kids I'd be embarrassed to put them into a public school.
I agree - my wife and I have decided to put ours in private school once we have them, and have some control over this shit.

#207456 - 30/04/03 11:47 PM Re: Political Correctness
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Although things will get a little better once Todrick moves laugh
bite me laugh ...

im leaving cause you're all nuts...

this is the icing on the freaking cake...

the re-election of Davis was honestly the last straw... thats when i realized that Californians as a whole don't give a shit about anything but their BMW's, lattes, and appearance...

seriously... i'm outa here... my signature is not a joke... its honestly how i feel

#207457 - 30/04/03 11:56 PM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
[b]Although things will get a little better once Todrick moves laugh
bite me laugh ...

im leaving cause your all nuts...

this is the icing on the freaking cake...

the re-election of Davis was honestly the last straw... thats when i realized that Californians as a whole don't give a shit about anything but their BMW's, lattes, and appearance...

seriously... i'm outa here... my signature is not a joke... its honestly how i feel[/b]
You're surprised? Why are you there in the first place?

#207458 - 01/05/03 12:12 AM Re: Political Correctness
Todrick Offline

i was born and raised in so cal...

moved to AZ two years ago when Davis fucked up the power situation and we had rolling blackouts and 2.00 gas...
but had to come back to deal with some family issues...
i hoped it would get better...

since then it has gone steadily down hill, to the point now where i would rather my kids went to a southern babtist school(even though i disagree with their philosophy) than to public school becaus the public schools are such a mess... they will only get worse... i can not even imagine what is going to happen to them when they start cutting the budget further to attempt to correct the state deficit that davis created...

and the tofu eating, non-smoking, non-drinking, gun control advocating, no death penalty enforcing, peace march having, lets Allow illegal immigrants to come in and use their countries ID for medical services, Extreme Left bastards that want to homogonize the entire state and turn it into Kalifornia have finaly drivin me nuts... i swear CA is turning into a communist state.

It's sad, but I don't want to be a part of it anymore...

#207459 - 01/05/03 12:15 AM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Other than your spelling leaves something to be desired.... laugh .... sounds like you need a vacation! Winthrop, WA is awesome this time of year. I just got back from fishing there - pssst...don't tell PETA!

#207460 - 01/05/03 12:20 AM Re: Political Correctness
Todrick Offline

LOL i just type too fast... and don't think, i do mess up somethings spelling wise but that's just because I'm going too fast to remember to hit the spell check...

Notice almost every post i ever make has "edited" at the bottom... i read them after i post and fix the most glaring errors laugh

and a vacation wont fix CA

#207461 - 01/05/03 12:25 AM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Quote:
LOL i just type too fast... and don't think, i do mess up somethings spelling wise but that's just because I'm going too fast to remember to hit the spell check...

Notice almost every post i ever make has "edited" at the bottom... i read them after i post and fix the most glaring errors laugh

and a vacation wont fix CA
Yeah, but it might fix you!
laugh

#207462 - 01/05/03 12:26 AM Re: Political Correctness
Todrick Offline

[Spit] no im beyond help

#207463 - 01/05/03 12:27 AM Re: Political Correctness
Costas Offline

Quote:
[Spit] no im beyond help
Then I think you should move in with Madman!

#207464 - 01/05/03 12:30 AM Re: Political Correctness
Todrick Offline

no... he currently carries and i don't smile

it could get ugly

#207465 - 01/05/03 07:05 AM Re: Political Correctness
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Well he carries and you don't....because isn't it legal in Cali only for the gang members to carry guns? You wouldn't want to infringe on their rights to protect themselves or settle land disputes, would you?

Not implying that NY Madman is a gang member.....just that he, well, doesn't live in California.

laugh

http://www.metzgardesign.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal