shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203100 - 21/08/04 12:49 PM Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone have any experience purchasing the Service Manual on CD from these folks??

ebay link

Thanks

#203101 - 21/08/04 01:26 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

sent you an email... wink

#203102 - 22/08/04 09:08 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
It's pirated. If you're OK with helping scumbags profit from theft, go ahead.

If you want a clear conscience, pay $20 for a day-pass to nissan-techinfo.com and save the PDF files yourself, that's all the Ebay scum did. It's Nissan's loophole, but the scumbags have no right to sell the data.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#203103 - 22/08/04 11:38 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
...$20 for a day-pass to nissan-techinfo.com and save the PDF files yourself...
I haven't been to nissan-techinfo.com yet, but are there that many files to download? I mean will I be sitting there for 5 hrs saving files, or are there more like 20 pdf's? I don't mind paying just $20 for the info, but don't want to waste a day either. Definately don't want to support people selling it illegally.

Wonder why nissan doesn't crack down on the pirated copies on Ebay. It's not like they are discuised.

#203104 - 22/08/04 12:30 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
gotta love capitalism!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#203105 - 22/08/04 01:34 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Capitalism ain't theft.
Well, $6 for a beer at the game is theft, but that's a different story...

#203106 - 22/08/04 09:23 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
Hmmm... A Ford service manual on CD from Ford costs $24.99.

Yeah... I feel really bad buying a Nissan service manual for $18.99 on eBay.

I hope I'll be able to sleep.

pfffft...

#203107 - 22/08/04 11:21 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
OffroadX Offline

To and including 2002, it's about 60 MB. Later it becomes about twice that somehow.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#203108 - 23/08/04 03:55 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
It's pirated. If you're OK with helping scumbags profit from theft, go ahead.

If you want a clear conscience, pay $20 for a day-pass to nissan-techinfo.com and save the PDF files yourself, that's all the Ebay scum did. It's Nissan's loophole, but the scumbags have no right to sell the data.

Brent
I'd rather be able to pay Nissan $20 for CD instead of being bent over a table and asked for over 10X that, reminds me of when video tapes were unbelievably expensive (showing age), prices dropped, sales went up, pirating went down.
It's not like the manual can be used for anything other than servicing a Truck that I've already paid a fair bit for...you don't think they're trying to force us back to dealers to be charged outrageous amounts for things that don't really exist do you??/sarcasm
would love to do the Daypass thing, do you think it will take very long on my Labrador 28.8 connection??? /whoops sarcasm again.
Hmmm, 1.2 Kbps average actual ownload speed (ahh for the good ole days of our Portland DSL [Crybaby] ), 120 megs for the '03 good thing it's a daypass, it would take all day and then some, do they have a weekpass?? /geeze did i use that sarcasm tag again eek !
Seriously don't you think the root cause of piracy is greed? If something that really did cost $2 to produce was sold at a reasonable profit, people wouldn't profit from piracy nor support Pirates. People who wanted the Printed manual will still pay the high price, there is a place for both in the market. (used to own a short run printing company, finally something I know a little bit about on this board!)
Anyhow in reply, I'd love to support Nissan, but not at a $200+ pricetag, and my circumstance makes it not realistic to use the suggested alternative.

#203109 - 23/08/04 11:58 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
OffroadX Offline

To buy that content (4 model years' worth) on CD from Nissan would cost about $900. You could buy as many day passes as you need to nissan-techinfo.com and download it and STILL come out with a hell of a bargain without supporting a criminal.
Get a buddy with broadband and a burner to let you come by for an afternoon and download what you need.

Don't support these ebay scum!
Brent

#203110 - 23/08/04 02:24 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterra3202 Offline

after the way that nissan has done me over backwards on their crappy customer service i saw [Finger] my cd is on the way!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#203111 - 23/08/04 02:57 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you really want to waste your money buying a copy of what you could get yourself on nissan-tech.com, just send me the $20 and I'll give you a copy.

#203112 - 23/08/04 05:54 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterra3202 Offline

if you can read, then see above, fuck nissan and fuck their customer service!!!! if you want 20$ from me get on your knees and smile like a donut!!!hahaha [Laughing]

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#203113 - 23/08/04 06:26 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by ProlificX:
sent you an email... wink
Last warning.

#203114 - 23/08/04 10:58 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by ProlificX:
[b]sent you an email... wink
Last warning.[/b]
confused can you please email me or send a pm?

thanks.

#203115 - 24/08/04 09:23 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
if you can read, then see above, fuck nissan and fuck their customer service!!!! if you want 20$ from me get on your knees and smile like a donut!!!hahaha [Laughing]

Tim
if you can see then see this: [Finger] then go fuck yourself.

#203116 - 25/08/04 03:10 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

MANY thanks to all the offers recieved both directly and through the thread to help me obtain all the pdfs.
A nearby X'r has highspeed available, and is going to do the download and burn for me.
Thanks again to all for the 'lively' discussion on the topic and sub-topic of legal piracy (Charging 10x as much as they should) versus the less than legal type of piracy I came across on Ebay.
I'll be paying the $20 with no hesitation, and Nissan can have the money, and I'll just be bewildered by the fact that they think it's ok to charge so much for a disk they produce themselves.

#203117 - 26/08/04 03:34 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain No Beard:
, and I'll just be bewildered by the fact that they think it's ok to charge so much for a disk they produce themselves.
I see it as price gouging, pure an simple. All car companys do it, not just Nissan. But, it is my experience with both "Japanese" and "American" car companies that the Japanese companies always charge more for the same part, or supply. I see both grossly over charging for a manual that Nissan has to produce for their technicians anyhow and pirating it both as wrong.

#203118 - 26/08/04 07:08 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They don't want you to work on your X. They either want you to come to them(dealership) for service, or gouge you on the service manual...

#203119 - 27/08/04 07:40 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
They don't want you to work on your X. They either want you to come to them(dealership) for service, or gouge you on the service manual...
I usually don't pirate goods, I don't use Kazaa etc., but in this case, having paid Nissan a fair price for my X, I said screw their over priced manual, I got the eBay one.

#203120 - 27/08/04 09:06 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
OffroadX Offline

$20 for a legitimate copy from a loophole at Nissan's site obtained by you for your own use is a hell of a lot better than paying an Ebay scumbag for it. Those losers are making money hand over fist. I'd LOVE to do it too, but I just can't bring myself to stoop that low. Shame on you for supporting them.

Brent

#203121 - 27/08/04 05:40 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterra3202 Offline

shame on me too mine is already here and it was worth the money. had a funny noise coming from the front and Nissan wanted 60.00$ just to figure it out plus labor if needed. searched through the manual and fixed it myself!!! after what Nissan has put me through with my transmission i might even start selling them myself!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#203122 - 28/08/04 10:58 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Is that loophole really still open?
I thought Nissan was notified of it...I guess I assumed it had been closed. confused
I did pay the $20 backs way back when...then i realized you could type in any Nissan vehicle model/year in the address window & come up w/a manual for that vehicle (& the chapters had same title format for all models). I downloaded the 350Z manual just as wishful thinking (I'm still hoping it'll turn out to be some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy). laugh

#203123 - 28/08/04 06:19 PM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterrabull:
Is that loophole really still open?
I thought Nissan was notified of it...I guess I assumed it had been closed. confused
I did pay the $20 backs way back when...then i realized you could type in any Nissan vehicle model/year in the address window & come up w/a manual for that vehicle (& the chapters had same title format for all models). I downloaded the 350Z manual just as wishful thinking (I'm still hoping it'll turn out to be some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy). laugh
What is the syntax you're using? I'm confused.

#203124 - 29/08/04 10:12 AM Re: Service Manual CD on Ebay?
xterra3202 Offline

so you all are wasting your time trying to download this thing, format it, get a cd, hope it burns correctly or you could just pay someone for it let them make a bit of profit and everyone is happy and Nissan takes another hit!!!! thats a win win situation in my book.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal