shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202289 - 05/05/05 08:11 AM Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems to be an issue......

Again!

I, personally, don't see the issue. Gays are allowed in the Army. They're just not allowed to go around bringing their sex life into the workplace. Whether somebody's gay or straight, to bring their sex life into the workplace is simply unprofessional.

So really what wte have here is gays complaining that Uncle Sam won't let them act unprofessionally in the workplace. Well, I hate to break it to them, but the straight guys aren't allowed to, either. If a soldier makes a comment that makes anoher feel uncomfortable, that soldier can file a complaint.

Regardless, there's no current ban on gays. I've even met soldiers that act gay. They are allowed to do whatever they want on their free time. They're just not allowed to bring their sex life into the workplace. Fine by me.

The Army has never been about self-expression. It is about training for war and, if necessary, going to war.

It's not about talking about how you banged Mary Jane Rottencrotch ten ways til tuesday........

It's not about running around like a bunch of fairies talking about the "hot boy" you met last night........

This is a ridiculous issue. I have no idea why the gay community insists on pushing their "gayness" on everyone. Things are fine the way they are. I have no interest in who's gay and who's not.

#202290 - 05/05/05 08:13 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I have no idea why the gay community insists on pushing their "gayness" on everyone.
Ahem...please leave Chris.. out of this.

Thank you.

Spank!

#202291 - 05/05/05 08:16 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see no reason whatsoever to keep happpy people out of the military.

#202292 - 05/05/05 08:24 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

They can serve. I just don't want to hear about them. If they're in the service, they have a job to do, just like everyone else. Keep the fairy shit on their own time.

It's a deviant lifestyle. Of course conservative people will comment about it. Get over it.

(sounded like Madman, there, didn't I?)

#202293 - 05/05/05 08:25 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Must...refrain....from posting.

Uurrrggghhhhhh

#202294 - 05/05/05 08:30 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

OH BOY!!!

Taking bets now, at what time today will this hit 3 pages. I am going with 4:30 MST.

#202295 - 05/05/05 08:38 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
It's a deviant lifestyle. Of course conservative people will comment about it. Get over it.
:rolleyes:

I don't see how another person's lifestyle is any of your business, so why do you feel the need to comment about it?

Perhaps you should get over it.

#202296 - 05/05/05 08:46 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gay, Lesbian, Black, White, Foreign - Whatever. If they have stepped up and are protecting our country. Then they deserve a fricken break here. I think they should all be allowed to wear shocking Pink camouflage if they want.

I'm sure a gay guy can do just as good a job as his hetro colleagues, if we overlook the whole - Running screaming like a girl when they are shot at thing!

#202297 - 05/05/05 08:48 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Was there a news story/link with this one? I have netflix so I never watch regular TV (including the news).

#202298 - 05/05/05 08:55 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
I have netflix so I never watch regular TV (including the news).
This is the first I've heard of it as well.

Netflix rocks. cool

#202299 - 05/05/05 09:34 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Hey, any man who is willing to risk his life to serve his country is a good man.

Leave'em alone

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#202300 - 05/05/05 09:37 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
Was there a news story/link with this one? I have netflix so I never watch regular TV (including the news).
Washington Post Article

The article isn't specifically about gays in the military, but now all kinds of politicians are jumping back into the mix.

#202301 - 05/05/05 09:57 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Sorry man but "don’t ask don’t tell" wasn't meant to last forever.

It was only a matter of time until America had to decide about allowing people to serve.

Its gonna be a hell of a debate, especially with the fiery evangelical preachers and "born agains", but this has to be resolved.

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#202302 - 05/05/05 10:04 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
......allowing people to serve.....
They're already allowed to serve.

Now all they're fighting for the right to throw their "gayness" in the other soldiers' faces.

#202303 - 05/05/05 10:18 AM Re: Gays in the Military
dyetye Offline

Loc: Spring Hill, KS
Quote:
If they're in the service, they have a job to do, just like everyone else. Keep the fairy shit on their own time.
I?)
So if they keep their "gayness" to themselves, then the heterosexual people should not talk about their encounters with women? Would only seem fair..

I have never been in the military, but I don't see what the big deal is. You think that if you were in combat, and a gay guy was next to you, do you really think he'd be checking out your ass versus combat...

#202304 - 05/05/05 10:24 AM Re: Gays in the Military
GrayHam Offline

Quote:

Now all they're fighting for the right to throw their "gayness" in the other soldiers' faces.
I honestly don't know what this means.

Are you referring to gay soldiers saying the words "I am homosexual" out loud?

What, exactly, constitutes throwing "gayness" in someone else's face?

#202305 - 05/05/05 10:29 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
Sorry man
you don't need to apologize to him. tell him to fuck off.

here, I'll do it for you:

Hey Jeff, fuck the fucking fuck off, fuckface.

see, it's easy. you try.

#202306 - 05/05/05 10:41 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I have been in the military and I wouldn't care to shower with openly gay guys. I'd much rather just not know they're gay. I'd consider that too much an invasion on my personal space. The women and men might as well start showering together then....well......on second thought.....

As to my other comment regarding deviancy, that was a stab at NYMadman....did you not see that reference in parentheses, Pnwbeers, or were you so overcome with gay pride that you were blinded to that?

There's not a lot of liberals in the military. Not that no tolerance is an excuse, but allowing soldiers to be openly gay is only going to cause trouble, as well as morale issues. Right now the military has enough issues with recruiting, morale, and getting through this war we're in with the hairy people.

As for "Gay" being normal...if that were the case, why isn't half the population....or ALL the population gay? Nope, only a small percentage of people who haven't figured out how normal intercourse works feel this way. Sorry. It's not normal. Therefore, I don't see why heteros need to be in the closet too.

Flame away.

This will be 3 pages by noon.

#202307 - 05/05/05 11:11 AM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Well, I have been in the military and I wouldn't care to shower with openly gay guys. I'd much rather just not know they're gay. I'd consider that too much an invasion on my personal space. The women and men might as well start showering together then....well......on second thought.....

As to my other comment regarding deviancy, that was a stab at NYMadman....did you not see that reference in parentheses, Pnwbeers, or were you so overcome with gay pride that you were blinded to that?

There's not a lot of liberals in the military. Not that no tolerance is an excuse, but allowing soldiers to be openly gay is only going to cause trouble, as well as morale issues. Right now the military has enough issues with recruiting, morale, and getting through this war we're in with the hairy people.

As for "Gay" being normal...if that were the case, why isn't half the population....or ALL the population gay? Nope, only a small percentage of people who haven't figured out how normal intercourse works feel this way. Sorry. It's not normal. Therefore, I don't see why heteros need to be in the closet too.

Flame away.

This will be 3 pages by noon.
right on desert rat.
either that or keep them seperate, the same way they do with the men and women.

#202308 - 05/05/05 11:25 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Desert_Rat, I can guarantee you that you have showered with homosexual soldiers, and whether or not it was an invasion of your personal space, as you said, has to do with your own insecurities with your sexuality. You think every woman who looks at you finds you attractive? I doubt it. It's the same with homosexuals. Get over yourself.

I think people who are posting in this thread about the "abnormality" of homosexuality need to be a little better educated on the subject.

#202309 - 05/05/05 11:29 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dyetye:
Quote:
[b]If they're in the service, they have a job to do, just like everyone else. Keep the fairy shit on their own time.
I?)
So if they keep their "gayness" to themselves, then the heterosexual people should not talk about their encounters with women? Would only seem fair..

I have never been in the military, but I don't see what the big deal is. You think that if you were in combat, and a gay guy was next to you, do you really think he'd be checking out your ass versus combat...[/b]
I believe what you're looking for was posted in the first post:

Quote:
[QB] ........not allowed to bring their sex life into the workplace. Fine by me.

The Army has never been about self-expression. It is about training for war and, if necessary, going to war.

It's not about talking about how you banged Mary Jane Rottencrotch ten ways til tuesday........

It's not about running around like a bunch of fairies talking about the "hot boy" you met last night........[QB]
Also, like Desert Rat has said, men and women are separated in the field. They have their own tents and own shower. How, exactly, do you separate gays from each other and other men?

They sure as hell ain't gonna let em shower with the women......

#202310 - 05/05/05 11:36 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Desert_Rat, I can guarantee you that you have showered with homosexual soldiers, and whether or not it was an invasion of your personal space, as you said, has to do with your own insecurities with your sexuality........
OK.

That being said, why are women and men separated? Not because we're insecure. It just happens to be a privacy and appropriateness issue. Once a gay's sexuality is brought into the mix, it is no longer appropriate for him to shower with the straight men. No more appropriate than it is for males and females to do so together, anyway........

Are you saying that straight men should want to shower with people they know are gay?

#202311 - 05/05/05 11:55 AM Re: Gays in the Military
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Special interest does NOT equal special rights.

#202312 - 05/05/05 12:02 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Didn't know you were being sarcastic, my bad. As far as your "gay pride" comment, I'm not even gay so I'm not sure how I have gay pride, but whatever. I just get tired of intolerant people, so my fuse may have been a bit short.

Quote:
So you think discriminatory policies are ok because they help recruiting? Can you even prove that opening the door to more people would hurt recruiting?

"Hairy people"? :rolleyes:

Quote:
I'm curious - can you nail down the exact moment that you "decided" to be heterosexual. I sure can't...

And To get back to Grayham's point - how is being able to admit that you're gay "throwing your gayness around"? Anybody?

I'm straight. Did I just throw my straightness around?

#202313 - 05/05/05 12:03 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you saying that straight men should want to shower with people they know are gay?
What's wrong? Afraid of being converted? laugh

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal