2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202757 - 24/06/03 08:01 AM A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
As all good things come to an end.. so too does the joy of seeing our own Oleg on the great off-roading trails of this great country.

I am sorry to see you go (selling the Xterra)...

But in parting from this great Xterra community.. Let us remember Oleg in a way that will bring a smile to our collective faces....

Happy Trails!!!

#202758 - 24/06/03 08:13 AM Re: A fond fairwell
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Shouldn't it be spelled "farewell". wink

#202759 - 24/06/03 08:19 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

true.. be we are talking about Oleg here.. typing should not be an issue :p

#202760 - 24/06/03 08:21 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Carlton, how many times we have to go through this
you took this picture with out permision, and you are the first one who will jump up and start screaming that copywrite rules should be followed

and yes , My X will is sold, and i am parting out all the mods i had ( most of the stuff is already taken by Njax folks )

#202761 - 24/06/03 08:30 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:
Carlton, how many times we have to go through this
you took this picture with out permision, and you are the first one who will jump up and start screaming that copywrite rules should be followed

And I did follow the copyright rules

"TITLE 17 > CHAPTER 1 > Sec. 107. Prev | Next

Sec. 107. - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

The fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

#202762 - 24/06/03 08:33 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

On another note..

I think you will enjoy the gas milage and low cost of maintenence of the Altima. (that and they are harder to flip on their sides) [Too much XOC]

#202763 - 24/06/03 08:42 AM Re: A fond fairwell
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Quote:
[b]Carlton, how many times we have to go through this

And I did follow the copyright rules

"TITLE 17 > CHAPTER 1 > Sec. 107. Prev | Next

Sec. 107. - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use

The fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.[/b]
carlton i don't care about the laws and such, YOU DIDN'T GET MY PERMISSION TO USE THE SHOT! you could of just asked before using it but because you didn't out of respect, take it off!
[Finger]

#202764 - 24/06/03 09:03 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Not that I'm trying to get into any of this argument, (I personally think using it once constitutes fair use, but Carlton, you've repeatedly used it)...

From the copyright office:

"The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#202765 - 24/06/03 09:27 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Not that I'm trying to get into any of this argument, (I personally think using it once constitutes fair use, but Carlton, you've repeatedly used it)...

"[/b]
But there is no limit impossed by the law stating that an image can not be used in fair use repeatedly. And seeing as I am not gaining monatary gain from the posting it can not be considered commercial usage nor am I degrading the "value" of the image by reposting.

When it comes down to it.. Oleg is just upset that he did something stupid and it was caught on film for all to see. [Freak]

But that is not what this post is about... it is a farewell roast for Oleg the terrible.

edited to add..
There must be a stong brotherhood of MAXC members because it always seems to me that the only people that get upset about seeing Oleg with his Xterra on it side are members from that club. Sounds like the basis of a good conspiracy.. What else are you guys hiding over there? laugh

#202766 - 24/06/03 09:32 AM Re: A fond fairwell
GrayHam Offline

Quote:

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use:

. . .

reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson;

. . .
How Not to Drive an Xterra Off-road 101

#202767 - 24/06/03 09:34 AM Re: A fond fairwell
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Take cair Oleg. It wuz alwais funny watchinq you flame teh newbees and argooing with ta locals here in X0C. Happy trales and tkae cair, bro.

smile

#202768 - 24/06/03 09:35 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Not that I'm trying to get into any of this argument, (I personally think using it once constitutes fair use, but Carlton, you've repeatedly used it)...

"[/b]
But there is no limit impossed by the law stating that an image can not be used in fair use repeatedly. And seeing as I am not gaining monatary gain from the posting it can not be considered commercial usage nor am I degrading the "value" of the image by reposting.

When it comes down to it.. Oleg is just upset that he did something stupid and it was caught on film for all to see. [Freak]

But that is not what this post is about... it is a farewell roast for Oleg the terrible.

edited to add..
There must be a stong brotherhood of MAXC members because it always seems to me that the only people that get upset about seeing Oleg with his Xterra on it side are members from that club. Sounds like the basis of a good conspiracy.. What else are you guys hiding over there? laugh [/b]
Agreed that you aren't devaluing (sp?) the shot. There is no monetary value to it, imo. The "repeated" thing is just my own opinion, obviously someone might be able to use it over and over repeatedly.

I'm not upset you used it. I personally couldn't care less. I can understand Steinism not liking it, it's his shot after all. Oleg's the only one that raises a ruckus when it gets displayed. But can you blame him? There's been other shots of people who rolled, but they don't get displayed over and over. I know you and Oleg had some sort of row at some point, and really, you use this picture only to take jabs at him. (That's why I don't blame him for getting pissy about it).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#202769 - 24/06/03 09:36 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]
The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use:

. . .

reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson;

. . .

[/b]
hehehe...there ya go. Take notes everyone.

#202770 - 24/06/03 09:49 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:

I'm not upset you used it. I personally couldn't care less. I can understand Steinism not liking it, it's his shot after all. Oleg's the only one that raises a ruckus when it gets displayed. But can you blame him? There's been other shots of people who rolled, but they don't get displayed over and over. I know you and Oleg had some sort of row at some point, and really, you use this picture only to take jabs at him. (That's why I don't blame him for getting pissy about it).
Well I figured that Michael did not like the image being used because Oleg is his friend. And that is commendable that he is sticking up for his Marmot Spotting Russian buddy.

I also agree that there are other shots of people that have rolled their Xterra's, but none with the surrounding curcumstances as Oleg. And yes, there has in the past been friction between Oleg and I and I will admit that I know that it gets to Oleg when I satire that picture of him flopped on the side. So why do it again? Because he is leaving our ranks and a farewell roast is always fun to have.

So let Oleg get pissy. In the words of the great Bugs Bunny..

"don't go away mad... just go away"

p.s. Primary.. that was a good one.

#202771 - 24/06/03 09:49 AM Re: A fond fairwell
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well phooey, last time Oleg and I had an exchange of note, he was actually quite cordial. If he was still fuming at me like he normally did, I wouldn't miss him a bit.

Happy trails Oleg,
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#202772 - 24/06/03 09:58 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Olegkha Offline

who sad i am leaving ? wink
CalminiCarlton you were and are a ... (you know male sexual organ) wink

brotherhood of njax ? are you kidding me ?
Only person who responded from Njax was Mike

and what are the "the surrounding curcumstances" that you are talking about ?
just stupid ACCIDENT ( you know, those DO happen )

but how would you know ? you only swim in big water holles ( seen 1 picture of that ) and take fire road trails in Colorado

So Carlton Grow up boy

#202773 - 24/06/03 10:09 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
who sad i am leaving ? wink
CalminiCarlton you were and are a ... (you know male sexual organ) wink

brotherhood of njax ? are you kidding me ?
Only person who responded from Njax was Mike

and what are the "the surrounding curcumstances" that you are talking about ?
just stupid ACCIDENT ( you know, those DO happen )

but how would you know ? you only swim in big water holles ( seen 1 picture of that ) and take fire road trails in Colorado

So Carlton Grow up boy
"Crash Test" Oleg [Too much XOC] .. I know that english is your second language but if you actually read my post again you will see that I said MAXC not NJAX

And you may have only seen a few images of me in puddles and going on the fire roads.. but all the images that I remember seeing of your Xterra have been in stupid accidents like are shown in that image. In fact that is why you are getting rid of your Xterra, right? Too expensive to keep in good repair is what I read.

As for the leaving part.. if you don't own an Xterra why would you come here to post? [Wave]

#202774 - 24/06/03 10:12 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CCX:
Posted for editorial balance...... laugh

That was a mean fire road to be certian.

#202775 - 24/06/03 10:19 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Olegkha Offline

Carlton, just dont give us a speach that you calculated the steps, and that you knew 100 % you were not gona flip (YOU KNOW ACCIDENT)

and that does look like an easy steps of a trail
comming closer to the camera man, and making a hard left
STOCK X would make it down just fine
(slide off on frame rails)

#202776 - 24/06/03 10:20 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
And you may have only seen a few images of me in puddles and going on the fire roads.. but all the images that I remember seeing of your Xterra have been in stupid accidents like are shown in that image.
Here's one he's not in an troubles:

#202777 - 24/06/03 10:21 AM Re: A fond fairwell
Olegkha Offline

Paul, you dont have to post that
there are more pics of my X not in trouble, then my X in trouble wink

[Finger] [Save the fine unicorns]

#202778 - 24/06/03 10:46 AM Re: A fond fairwell
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
there are of my X not in trouble, then my X in trouble wink
I'm gonna miss this the most. I love word problems. [Finger]

#202779 - 24/06/03 12:54 PM Re: A fond fairwell
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by PrimaryXtc:
Quote:
[b]there are of my X not in trouble, then my X in trouble wink
I'm gonna miss this the most. I love word problems. [Finger] [/b]
I agree. I don't no Oleg from, Adam but his grammitk is funny. Not making fun, just says I laugh alot. [Wave]

#202780 - 03/07/03 08:04 PM Re: A fond fairwell
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I thought I was the only one who got under Oleg's skin....

Man, tough to see you go... not that I've really gotten to battle with you over driving skills lately...

I gotta say, Oleg subscribes (or used to) to the 20% more gas method of four wheeling... you know that guy.... didn't work dude.... why don't you tr I CAN GET UP IT, WATCH THIS!SCREEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Oleg is a nice guy and all, but he's not a patient offroader, must be a NYC thing...

Will miss you though, dude. Don't do any offroading in the Altima....

#202781 - 03/07/03 08:25 PM Re: A fond fairwell
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

. . .

. . .

[/b]
hehehe...there ya go. Take notes everyone.[/b]
Someone should send that picture to the poor sap who bought that X.. [Laughing]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal