shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207128 - 05/08/03 11:28 AM "News" of late...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Can someone explain to me why I returned from my vacation on Sunday to see an article on the FRONT PAGE of the Sunday Washington Post about Mike Tyson filing for bankruptcy? This is front-page news? This is ANYONE'S business? Argh!
And now it's the gay Episcopalian would-be bishop from the obscure little state of New Hampshire that's getting attention. Who, besides Episcopalians and homosexuals, have any real interest in this?

THIS IS NOT NATIONAL NEWS DAMMIT!

Sorry, just needed to rant,

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#207129 - 05/08/03 11:40 AM Re: "News" of late...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
And now it's the gay Episcopalian would-be bishop from the obscure little state of New Hampshire that's getting attention.
Vermont. :p
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207130 - 05/08/03 11:41 AM Re: "News" of late...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:

Sorry, just needed to rant,
You say that like it's something rare , new and different.

*Yawn*

Then again , you don't think the death of a national treasure (Mr. Bob "Thanks For The Memories Hope") is news or comment worthy either.

#207131 - 05/08/03 11:58 AM Re: "News" of late...
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
[Crybaby] [Crybaby] [Crybaby]

#207132 - 05/08/03 12:32 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
You could always start your own newspaper that way as editor YOU would get to decide what is news and what is not.

The media sucks. You are just learning this now at your age?

On a slow news day Mike Tyson's antics will always make the front pages.

The gay bishop thing surprises you? Have you been living in a cave for the last 20 years?

The media loves shit like the bishop story. It helps advance two causes they are totally in favor of... the homosexual agenda and the destruction of organized religion in America.

The Episcopal Bishop story is the perfect example of the agenda driven schizophrenic nature of the media. They hail the prospect of an outspoken deviant becoming a Bishop in a major church. Yet all the scandals regarding Catholic priests molesting young boys they consistently covered up the fact that all the priests were homosexuals. They never reported the fact that the Catholic Church has been allowing deviants to become priests since the 1960's. They never reported the fact the 40% of Catholic priests in America are homosexuals. They never reported how the homosexual agenda (which they support and obviously protect) has ruined the Catholic Church.

Homosexuals ruined the Catholic Church by stealth. Now they are ruining the Episcopal Church and they are doing it out in the open. This will fracture the Espiscopal Church and the media vermin love it. However when an Episcopal priest molests a 15 year old boy the media will never identify him as a homosexual. They will call him a "pedophile". Rule number one... hurt the religion but protect the agenda.

I may have been wrong on one aspect. There is one religion the media consistently protects and that is Islam. Their hatred and angst is focused primarily on Christianity and Judaism to a point.

More bad news for you Brent...There is a vote this afternoon in the Episcopal Church and you will see this on the headlines again tomorrow.

Welcome to the real world Brent....

#207133 - 05/08/03 12:42 PM Re: "News" of late...
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
You could always start your own newspaper that way as editor YOU would get to decide what is news and what is not.

The media sucks. You are just learning this now at your age?

On a slow news day Mike Tyson's antics will always make the front pages.

The gay bishop thing surprises you? Have you been living in a cave for the last 20 years?

The media loves shit like the bishop story. It helps advance two causes they are totally in favor of... the homosexual agenda and the destruction of organized religion in America.

The Episcopal Bishop story is the perfect example of the agenda driven schizophrenic nature of the media. They hail the prospect of an outspoken deviant becoming a Bishop in a major church. Yet all the scandals regarding Catholic priests molesting young boys they consistently covered up the fact that all the priests were homosexuals. They never reported the fact that the Catholic Church has been allowing deviants to become priests since the 1960's. They never reported the fact the 40% of Catholic priests in America are homosexuals. They never reported how the homosexual agenda (which they support and obviously protect) has ruined the Catholic Church.

Homosexuals ruined the Catholic Church by stealth. Now they are ruining the Episcopal Church and they are doing it out in the open. This will fracture the Espiscopal Church and the media vermin love it. However when an Episcopal priest molests a 15 year old boy the media will never identify him as a homosexual. They will call him a "pedophile". Rule number one... hurt the religion but protect the agenda.

I may have been wrong on one aspect. There is one religion the media consistently protects and that is Islam. Their hatred and angst is focused primarily on Christianity and Judaism to a point.

More bad news for you Brent...There is a vote this afternoon in the Episcopal Church and you will see this on the headlines again tomorrow.

You can hardly blame the Homos for ruining the Catholic Church..I think the Catholic priesthood adn administration is doing a stellar job on that one.

I wanted to respect my in-laws by getting married in a Catholic church, We were both married before and was advised we had to bleed $800 and our former spouces had to be "interviewed" THEN we would have to take marriage classes...I say FUCK em, Money grabbing hypocrats.

#207134 - 05/08/03 12:49 PM Re: "News" of late...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Yet all the scandals regarding Catholic priests molesting young boys they consistently covered up the fact that all the priests were homosexuals. They never reported the fact that the Catholic Church has been allowing deviants to become priests since the 1960's. They never reported the fact the 40% of Catholic priests in America are homosexuals.
In all seriousness, where did you get these figures?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207135 - 05/08/03 12:56 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:

You can hardly blame the Homos for ruining the Catholic Church..I think the Catholic priesthood adn administration is doing a stellar job on that one.

I wanted to respect my in-laws by getting married in a Catholic church, We were both married before and was advised we had to bleed $800 and our former spouces had to be "interviewed" THEN we would have to take marriage classes...I say FUCK em, Money grabbing hypocrats.
We can't blame the deviants? WTF?

When a homosexual priest is sodomizing a 15 year old boy, who is to blame?

Maybe on some level you are right. The Catholic Church is largely to blame for allowing them to become priests.

Claus... Are you telling the truth? If your wife is Catholic and was married before, under Church rules she would have to have the first marraige anulled before she would be allowed to be married in the Catholic Church again.... and yes it costs a few bucks.

Are you mad that the church has rules? Maybe all organized religions should just throw all their rules and traditions out the window just to please the liberals and atheists. Would that satisfy you?

#207136 - 05/08/03 01:00 PM Re: "News" of late...
BlueRebel Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
Easy madman, easy...

#207137 - 05/08/03 01:03 PM Re: "News" of late...
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Homosexuals ruined the Catholic Church by stealth.
You say this like there was some big conspiracy. I can just see all these gay men meeting in the basements of gay night clubs studying the bible and sewing their priest costumes in preperation for their coordinated attack on the almighty Catholic church. :rolleyes:

Quote:
However when an Episcopal priest molests a 15 year old boy the media will never identify him as a homosexual. They will call him a "pedophile". Rule number one... hurt the religion but protect the agenda.
There is a BIG difference between a homosexual and a pedophile, you seem to infer that they are one in the same. I am willing to bet there are more straight pedophiles then gay.

Your ignorance is truly amazing sometimes.

#207138 - 05/08/03 01:12 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:

There is a BIG difference between a homosexual and a pedophile, you seem to infer that they are one in the same. I am willing to bet there are more straight pedophiles then gay.

I am stating fact. I know the difference. A pedophile is an adult who has sex with a pre-pubescent child. A grown man having sex with a 15 year old boy is a homosexual.

I was bringing attention to the spin and protection of homosexuals by the media during the whole mess with the Catholic Church.

There may be more straight pedophiles but we are talking about priests and the Catholic Church. Is this an example of your ignorance or are you placing some liberal bullshit spin to the subject?

You liberals have a hard time with reality and facts.

#207139 - 05/08/03 01:21 PM Re: "News" of late...
Guido Offline

Quote:
Quote:

I am stating fact. I know the difference. A pedophile is an adult who has sex with a pre-pubescent child. A grown man having sex with a 15 year old boy is a homosexual.

I was bringing attention to the spin and protection of homosexuals by the media during the whole mess with the Catholic Church.

There may be more straight pedophiles but we are talking about priests and the Catholic Church. Is this an example of your ignorance or are you placing some liberal bullshit spin to the subject?

You liberals have a hard time with reality and facts.
One entry found for pedophilia.

Main Entry: pe·do·phil·ia
Pronunciation: "pE-d&-'fi-lE-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
Date: 1906
: sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object

According to Webster, what you would call a homosexual is actually a pedophile. A person is not an adult until the age of 18, so therefore a person having sex (male or female) with anyone under the age of 18 would be classified a pedophile.

It is funny that anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal. I would not classify myself as liberal, I have in fact voted for more than one Republican. [Finger]

#207140 - 05/08/03 01:32 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

According to Webster, what you would call a homosexual is actually a pedophile. A person is not an adult until the age of 18, so therefore a person having sex (male or female) with anyone under the age of 18 would be classified a pedophile.

How many people go through puberty at 18?

18 is the statutory legal age of consent for sex. A 19 year old having sex with a 17 year old is not a pedophile. A 40 year old having sex with a 10 year old is a pedophile.

I repeat... pedophilia is sex between an adult and a pre-pubescent child. A 15 or 16 year old boy is not pre-pubescent. I don't give two shits what Websters dictionary currently states. Definitions are periodically updated. Look it up in a Websters dictionary published 30 years ago.

You really want to go out of your way to spin and protect the homosexual aspect of the priest scandal. Are you a member of the media?

#207141 - 05/08/03 01:34 PM Re: "News" of late...
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:

We can't blame the deviants? WTF?

When a homosexual priest is sodomizing a 15 year old boy, who is to blame?

Maybe on some level you are right. The Catholic Church is largely to blame for allowing them to become priests.

Claus... Are you telling the truth? If your wife is Catholic and was married before, under Church rules she would have to have the first marraige anulled before she would be allowed to be married in the Catholic Church again.... and yes it costs a few bucks.

Are you mad that the church has rules? Maybe all organized religions should just throw all their rules and traditions out the window just to please the liberals and atheists. Would that satisfy you?
1st of all why the FUCK do you throw around the word Liberal like it was the F...word at a Prom. It has NOTHING todo with Liberals. My point is the following:

Ever since we looked into the whole annullment to get married thing the church has continued to raise it's bars. we were NEVER able to get a straight answer but was told there were certain rules and it was up to the individual Church (or parish if you will) to determin if we were allowed to wed. Double morale and shitty standards are painted all over the catholic church. They consider deviant marriages (I said deviant as you understand that better than homo)a death sin, but look the other way when servants of the Curch ruins 1000's of lifes by sodomy over centuries, never even an attempt to stop it before it became a very public scandal, is that following in the eye of God????.

We ended up getting married in my Church, The Danish Lutheran Church in Burnaby BC. The pastor needed a baptismal certificate along with a marriage certificate, we attended church over the past 4 months (which was actually nice since I am not a bible thumper) and had a great ceremony. Paying $800 to get an annullment is the biggest BULLSHIT I have ever heard off.

#207142 - 05/08/03 01:46 PM Re: "News" of late...
Guido Offline

Quote:
You really want to go out of your way to spin and protect the homosexual aspect of the priest scandal. Are you a member of the media?
No I am not going out of my way to "spin and protect the homosexual aspect of the priest scandal". I just get tired of hate mongers like you blaming everything on gays. Unless they have admitted that they are ALL gay, some of those priests are pedophiles/deviants (to use words you understand). Just because they had sex with boys, does not make them gay.

Most of the the gay people I have met would find it just as revolting to have sex with a child as you or I would. I have two uncles that are gay, in my 34 years of being around them, neither they or their friends/partners have tried to rape me. I don't necessarily believe in their lifestyle, but I also don't view them as deviants. Pedophiles are deviants.

#207143 - 05/08/03 01:47 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Claus...

I use the term liberal where it fits. Who else has a problem with the Catholic Church? (Well actually I do since it's loaded with deviants... but you get the message)

How nice of you to attend church for 4 months before the ceremony. I guess now that you got what you wanted you never have to see the inside of a church again. Good for you.

I don't agree with charging a large fee for an anullment but there are clerical fees and paper work, etc. that makes the rounds and the Church does have full time employees that they must pay just like any private secular business that has lots of paperwork etc. Consider it an administrative cost.

What makes me laugh is a liberal would have no problem paying $800 for an abortion yet most bitch if they have to pay a fee to have a previous marraige anulled if they want to get married in a Catholic Church for whatever reason. (Doesn't mean this statement applies to you)

#207144 - 05/08/03 01:52 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Just because they had sex with boys, does not make them gay.
You really are stupid aren't you.

I guess in your fantasyland the gay molesters spend most of their time molesting young girls.

Sorry to hear about your gene pool.

#207145 - 05/08/03 02:06 PM Re: "News" of late...
Guido Offline

Quote:
Quote:

I guess in your fantasyland the gay molesters spend most of their time molesting young girls.

No I am not stupid, I am not afraid of things I don't believe in...unlike you.

In my fantasy land, you would be be getting sodomized by gay arab liberals. Because I believe that you are a closet gay liberal who wishes he had been born in the Middle East.

Oh, I would rather have a couple of gay men floating through my gene pool than the likes of you.

[Wave]

#207146 - 05/08/03 02:19 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

In my fantasy land, you would be be getting sodomized by gay arab liberals. Because I believe that you are a closet gay liberal who wishes he had been born in the Middle East.
So I guess that's it? No more debate? This is the best you can do?

I don't mind being insulted but be accurate with your insults.

There are no gay liberals in the Islamic world. At least none that will admit it. In case this was not included in your liberal handbook, they kill gays in the Islamic world. The popular method is dumping a pile of bricks over their heads or knocking down a wall on top of them.

I guess you will be on the next flight to Riyadh to fight for their cause. Better hurry... they make bricks pretty fast over there.

#207147 - 05/08/03 02:22 PM Re: "News" of late...
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I would have to partially agree with Guido the killer pimp.

Being a Pedophile does not make you Gay, I think the majority of the reasons why young Boys are molested by Cahtolic Priests is due to the fact they taught boys only. As nuns Taught Girls only.

Webster's dictionary; pedophilia -- sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object.
From that definition can comparisons be drawn to homosexuality?

#207148 - 05/08/03 02:25 PM Re: "News" of late...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
The media sucks.
No shit, Sherlock, that's my point.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#207149 - 05/08/03 02:28 PM Re: "News" of late...
Guido Offline

Where was the debate?? As soon as I didn't agree with what you posted I was labeled a Liberal. Is that the best you can do?

I know there are no gay liberals in theh Islamic world, they were all in my fantasy land taking a drive up your hershey highway. Pay attention.

I don't have the time to get in a pissing match on a message board with someone who is as set in their ways as you are. If you could actually give a thoughtful/intelligent debate that wasn't laced with name calling and hate, I might actually be interested.

Until then we will just have to agree to disagree.

#207150 - 05/08/03 02:41 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Being a Pedophile does not make you Gay, I think the majority of the reasons why young Boys are molested by Cahtolic Priests is due to the fact they taught boys only. As nuns Taught Girls only.
Nice try Claus. 15 and 16 year old boys are not children.

Most of the gay priests sodomized their altar boys. Some were students. Some were family friends, etc., but most were altar boys.

A grown man who has sex with 15 and 16 year old boys is not a pedophile. He is a homosexual.

How tall were you when you graduated grammar school? I was almost 6 feet tall. As were many of my peers. When I was 16 years old I could already beat the shit out of most people twice my age.

Look at the 15 or 16 year old kids in your family. Would you say many look like children to you?

Calling these gay priests pedophiles was a coverup for the homosexual angle. Clear and simple. The media NEVER...EVER prints any stories that portray homosexuals in a bad light and that is the truth. They spin and coverup all to support the agenda. That is a fact of the modern media.

You never knew anyone who worked in a newsroom? Ask them. They will tell you I am right. (Providing they are honest and not part of the problem)

The media is just as guilty when reporting on racial issues.

#207151 - 05/08/03 02:46 PM Re: "News" of late...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Where was the debate?? As soon as I didn't agree with what you posted I was labeled a Liberal.
Do you consider "liberal" an insult?

When I am labeled a "conservative" I don't consider that an insult.

I always find it curious how "liberals" always try to deny the liberal label.

#207152 - 05/08/03 03:10 PM Re: "News" of late...
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:

Nice try Claus. 15 and 16 year old boys are not children.

Most of the gay priests sodomized their altar boys. Some were students. Some were family friends, etc., but most were altar boys.

A grown man who has sex with 15 and 16 year old boys is not a pedophile. He is a homosexual.

How tall were you when you graduated grammar school? I was almost 6 feet tall. As were many of my peers. When I was 16 years old I could already beat the shit out of most people twice my age.

Look at the 15 or 16 year old kids in your family. Would you say many look like children to you?

Calling these gay priests pedophiles was a coverup for the homosexual angle. Clear and simple. The media NEVER...EVER prints any stories that portray homosexuals in a bad light and that is the truth. They spin and coverup all to support the agenda. That is a fact of the modern media.

You never knew anyone who worked in a newsroom? Ask them. They will tell you I am right. (Providing they are honest and not part of the problem)

The media is just as guilty when reporting on racial issues.
SO, may ask you. What do you call a person who has sex with 7-9 year old boys?, who preys on kids and ONLY likes to have sexual relations with young boys?. Alter boys yes, BUT in Canada (as in the US) there has been countless cases where Priests has preyed on VERY young children in Boys homes etc.

I was very big for my age, At age 18 I worked as a doorman/Bouncer at our local Bar which was a biker hangout. never a Saturday night without a fight. i have had my left index finger almost bitten off. Stabbed in my right tricep. Practised Taekwon-do for 7 years and had a great mentor. Yes I knew how to fend for myself and would beat the snot out of anyone who would even try taking advance of me.

In my view (and opinion) you have to seperate the Homosexual vs Pedophile thing when talking about Abuse in the Catholic Church, Sure there are Homosexual priests as are there Pedophiles.

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle you choose, Some are more flamboyant than others. In general I have NOTHING against a person's sexual orientation as long as no laws are broken. In my choosen profession I work with Homosexuals of both genders and admire then as I do straight people for the person they are not what they were born to. Would I socialize with flamboyant Gay people NO, but that is a choice due to my Social orientation.

C

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal