2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#673977 - 02/12/10 12:00 PM Opinions on 4 tires
kanjii Offline

Loc: CA
Looking for a new set of tires. Mostly on road driving and maybe twice a year to the snow.

These are the tires.

BFG TA KO

GY Duratrac
or
GY Silent Armor

Michelin AT2.

Costco recommends Michelins, but worried about snow/ice conditions on these tires. KO and Duratrac may be overkill if I do not off road much at all...Silent Armor...maybe.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

#673980 - 02/12/10 02:47 PM Re: Opinions on 4 tires [Re: kanjii]
granitex Offline

Loc: Columbus. Oh
Do your own research about tires, never go by what the sales person tells you, (except for some very spacific instances). They want to sell you what they have on hand, or make the best margin on. Not necessarely what is in your best interest.

#674024 - 07/12/10 12:29 PM Re: Opinions on 4 tires [Re: granitex]
x-cited Offline

Loc: Florida
I use BFG AT KO and i did alot of offroading. If your only going to be on snow 2x a year maybe go with a low end AT tire. I would not spend alot on BFG's for that amount of non offroad driving.

Although i think i would buy the BFG's again just because they are so damn tough. I have gotten my moneys worth and more.

I have had screws and nails in them and havent even noticed until i took my truck to get it 'checked up' for any unseen damage. I once had a flat and was able to drive it to the auto parts store to repair.

Just some tough as tires! smile

#674026 - 07/12/10 01:07 PM Re: Opinions on 4 tires [Re: x-cited]
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
I love the BFG AT/KO. Been using them for years. Most of my driving is on-road, but I do go off-roading 3-10 times a year. They are very good on snow. They have pretty good on-road manners. They also hold up well. I have never worn one out. They take a lot of trail abuse too, but eventually they will get cut on rocks and need to be replaced. IMO, worth the money, even considering that I eventually cut them on rocks.

k_enn

#674027 - 07/12/10 01:18 PM Re: Opinions on 4 tires [Re: k_enn]
Jahadaz Offline

Loc: Utah
I picked up a set of duratracs this fall and now that we have had a few snow storms I'm pleased to say they are awesome in the snow. I had a lot of trouble last year with my nittos.

#674036 - 08/12/10 02:33 PM Re: Opinions on 4 tires [Re: Jahadaz]
Bolt Speedman Offline

Loc: Jackson, Wisconsin
2003 X...pretty much stock.....I run the Goodyear Duratracs, and just like Jahadaz says, they're great in the snow and on the road, but if you're not doing much offroad or snow driving, I'd recommend the Goodyear Silent Armour. That's what my X came with when I bought it used 2yrs ago.

Just another suggestion

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal