shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317331 - 23/04/05 11:01 AM looking for an xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in Michigan, looking for an xterra at a good price. I have been looking at autotrader.com and autorv.com, but have found nothing. any suggestions on where else I should look? I would rather not buy from a dealership, don't trust 'em.

#317332 - 23/04/05 06:34 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

What are you specifically looking for? Any year in particular, 2wd, 4wd? Options?

#317333 - 24/04/05 02:10 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honestly, I think you're better off buying from a dealer than from a private party. Who knows what you're getting from a private owner?

Just my .02 cents.

#317334 - 24/04/05 02:57 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

what kind of price are you looking to pay i have a 2003 x full maintainance records (oil change every 3000 done at dealership) fully ziebart rustproofed and sound deadner / and never has been off road. that i would like to sell im in norther indiana

#317335 - 24/04/05 03:08 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Autotrader.com and the local classifieds are where I would look. Don't be afraid to go out 100 to 200 miles from your current location in looking. With all the low interest loans and deals being offered, many of the good used vehicles may be at the $tealerships tho frown

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Honestly, I think you're better off buying from a dealer than from a private party. Who knows what you're getting from a private owner?
:rolleyes: I've yet to buy a used vehicle from a dealer. And I know just as many people who have gotten lemon's from dealers as from private parties - actually more, since most people just assume that all cars from dealers will be good (wrong!) and don't do their homework.

Any used car should be treated with skepticism. http://www.carbuyingtips.com has a great used car section with lots of questions you should ask private parties or dealers about the vehicle in question, as well as things to look out for.

If you absolutely have to have a warranty, those can be gotten for purchases from private parties as well.

#317336 - 24/04/05 05:16 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by larry:
what kind of price are you looking to pay i have a 2003 x full maintainance records (oil change every 3000 done at dealership) fully ziebart rustproofed and sound deadner / and never has been off road. that i would like to sell im in norther indiana
I am looking to pay around 13-15. I'm looking for a 4x4, doesn't have to have a lot of options. Just low miles and well taken care of is a must. Maintenance records are great. My email is kirstinhankins81@hotmail.com if you want to email me some details. Thanks!

#317337 - 30/04/05 10:22 PM Re: looking for an xterra...
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I would post this on the MXO site also. We have had a number of people selling their Xterra's.

You might get lucky and run into a situation where someon is selling for a 2005.

Moderator:  Mapman 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal