2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#321884 - 13/04/05 09:21 AM Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, hammered my Tow Hook pretty good twice on Sunday. DBAX advised to get a new one with 3 mounting holes. Of course nobody actually lists one for an XTerra. This one is a Jeep fitment, does anyone know if this will work on the X?

If so then I'll grab a couple. It seems that macromotive / offroad unlimited is walking distance from my work.

#321885 - 13/04/05 09:29 AM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is this one too from Automotive customizers

c licky

Or an even cheaper idea is to try to get one from a junk yard or see if and AZXC member with an aftermarket bumper doesn't need theirs anymore. I think that an ARB bumper doesn't fit with the factory tow hook so maybe someone has an extra.

#321886 - 13/04/05 09:50 AM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeeeouch. That one is $45.00. I can buy 4 of that Chrome one for that. If that Hook type fits tho, it goes off to the side, rather than hanging down. Which will help prevent it from hammering into rocks again in the future.

#321887 - 13/04/05 10:02 AM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guy, I'll sell you mine for $15. I don't really have a need for mine anymore.

#321888 - 13/04/05 10:11 AM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Apparently the one shown in the photo will fit with some minor drilling to lengthen one of the holes. Thanks for the offer tho, I prefer the hook because it doesn't hang down, like the stock one. If I put another stock one on there, I'll only end up bending it again! lol.

#321889 - 13/04/05 03:31 PM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If I put another stock one on there, I'll only end up bending it again! lol.
smile Not if you drive a little slower and are more aware of the placement of your tires and undercarriage bits. You did a fine job Sunday either way though [ThumbsUp]

#321890 - 14/04/05 08:25 AM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you DBAX. I appreciate that, I was panicing a little in some places, thinking there is no way I'm gonna be able to follow you up some of those inclines. Certainly enjoyed myself tho. As for the speed thing, I was trying to keep up with you and not slow up the others to much. I'll get those Tow Hooks installed before the Triathalon, just in case I need another tow there.

The shackles / T-bar crank will also help a little I'm assuming.

#321891 - 16/04/05 12:29 PM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can probably get one for around 10 bucks at a junk yard, which would be my choice

#321892 - 16/04/05 01:22 PM Re: Replacement Tow Hook
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got the one pictured (In Black) I just need to go to Ace Hardware and pickup the correct mounting bolts.

Actually, I got 2 as I was going to mount one on the other side too. $11 each at Offroad Unlimited.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal