shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93660 - 13/08/04 05:33 PM My Take on Nissan Service!!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Had a 1998 Ford Ranger and put five transmissions in it. The dealer never gave me any headache and even provided a loaner. Nissan hasn't fixed my transmission yet, ripped off my parents such that they were in litigation, lied to me about service done, and more. From what I have seen is this:

Buy an American vehicle and maybe have issues but the dealer will help you and...

Buy foreign made, have trouble and hope all works out.

Through all this 1-800-Nissan1 is a freaking joke staffed by morons. Luckily I have an extended warranty so the big expensive parts are covered. I expect to hear much more in response!!!!

Tim

PS- IF you know of a good service department let me know, please!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#93661 - 13/08/04 08:30 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know of one, but then again, it's where your heart is! wink

#93662 - 13/08/04 10:45 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not really had a bad experience with my warranty service. Had a frontier and it was leaking coolant from manifold and the water pump and the thermostat. At first I was told that it was normal so I got pissed off and told them that I don't know of any vehicle that leaks coolant and is normal. They ended up fixing all of it and gave me a loaner car. Took about a week to fix and never had problems. Only other prob was the window regulator and that was fixed in a few hours. Have you tried another dealer to see how they are??

[Smoking]

#93663 - 14/08/04 05:47 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Rev'n X Offline

Loc: Milton, WI 53563
Service varies by the dealership. First, if the mechanics are not up to the task, service will be poor. This is a major issue when the dealer doesn't take care of its people and they jump ship when they gain experience. The more inexperience, the more "try this" and then "try that" as parts are replaced instead of proper diagnosis of the problem. Parts replacers run up huge bills and large amounts of down time.

Second is attitude that varies by dealer. A customer centered service department is to be treasured. If the goal is to end with a satisfied customer, the work usually ends up being top notch. Contrast this with the mechanic that gives a huge shopping list because its a slow day and he wants to stay busy the rest of the day at your expense.

Last is the dealer working for you when there is an issue with Nissan. Its no joy when there is a problem and you find yourself against both the dealer and Nissan Corp. Thats where the lawsuits come to play. When the dealer sides with you, Nissan usually will follow the lead.

Some love their dealer, others hate theirs. These are the reasons why. Domestics have an advantage because if your not satisfied, its usually a very short trip to a good dealer. Competition is a good thing. Imports normally have fewer dealers and fewer options for the owners.

#93664 - 14/08/04 09:32 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had no complaints out of Nissan what-so-ever. In fact, three weeks ago, I thought I was going to run into my first problem and begin a fight. The outer finish was beginning to come off of my trailer hitch. (This was an OEM Hitch that came from the factory) My X only has 11,500 miles and is 19 months old. After reading some of the problems that people have had over paint issues, rust, etc, I figured this would be a challenge because of the fact it was the trailer hitch.

Having received my recall notice for the fuel sending unit anyways, I setup my appointment and took it into the dealer. The service manager walked around to the back, looked at it for 2 seconds and said: "No problem, I don't have it in stock, but I'll call you when it comes in." Not only did he have it in just 3 days, but while they had my vehicle in fixing both items, I got a full detail for free. And my X was dirty!

I am once again impressed and more than happy with East Tennessee Nissan in Knoxville. I continue to be treated great and have no issues with the service department what-so-ever.

#93665 - 14/08/04 06:35 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
xterra3202 Offline

I've come a conclusion. I need to find a job back home in Colorado so Cyclemut can work on my truck!!!! Unfortunately for me both dealers here in Hell Paso haven't made me too happy. I think I will try the other one again and see what happens. I'll let you all know what happens.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93666 - 14/08/04 08:16 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Here you go Tim.

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=72;t=000049

#93667 - 15/08/04 07:30 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know 4wdFotoGrrrl as well, I've worked on her truck too. (only once, oil change and fuel level sender recall) Real nice.

I don't know what you do xterra312002, but I'm sure they do the same thing here in Colorado.

Anything from Aerospace to Worm Farming. Just a matter of where you want to be happy. laugh

#93668 - 15/08/04 11:52 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
xterra312002 -
You may not realize it, but yout Xterra is not foreign made. Unless you consider Smyrna TN. a foreign country! (some do smile )
Of course nissan is a japanese company. but they are owned by renault, a french company. How's that for a bastard mix.
So you have a vehicle made in the USA by a japanese division of a french company.

dave and xtoy - nothing is simple anymore

#93669 - 15/08/04 05:21 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Follow your heart not a Texas plate on the road.

#93670 - 15/08/04 05:49 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
xterra3202 Offline

hell if i followed my heart i would still be a beer drinking, something smoking, college kid!!! reality set in though. however, i know that i will find a job back home and a good dealership!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93671 - 16/08/04 03:50 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What do you do for a living Tim? I might know some directions to point you in (before I started working here at Mines, I was at University of Colorado in their Career Center) -

Also, I know of someone selling a really nice house nearby Cyclemut's dealership. I could find you a job and a house and get you to a real way of living. COlorado - Xterra style. laugh

#93672 - 17/08/04 05:22 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
xterra3202 Offline

Currently i am the Communications, Electronics, and Automations Officer for a PATRIOT Anti-Missle-Missle system at Fort Bliss Texas. I owe the Army only about another 19 months and would do any job as long as it would get me back to Colorado. Funny though all I do is work with computers and commo equipment but I have a degree in Geography and Environmental studies. As they say "needs of the army?" Thanks for whatever help you can give me!!!! I would really owe you one, or two.......

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93673 - 17/08/04 07:41 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you didn't have to stay for 19 more months in Hell Paso, you'd probably be a perfect candidate for the card program. Too bad!

I'll see what I can find, maybe get some links together.

#93674 - 19/08/04 06:53 AM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

See this link: Click Here

#93675 - 19/08/04 06:05 PM Re: My Take on Nissan Service!!!
xterra3202 Offline

thanks for the links i cant tell you how appreciative i would be

as for the service thing xcralwer i know your pain....

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal