shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388195 - 29/01/08 08:26 AM brake job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 67000 on my original brakes. I'm not having any issues, besides a little squeaking from the rear. I just got a nasty quote from a local shop in excess of $450 just for the front. He wanted to turn the rotors and hadn't even looked at them. All I want to do is have the pads and shoes replaced. Is there someplace local that could be recommended. I don't have the tools or the place to do them myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

#388196 - 29/01/08 09:22 AM Re: brake job
Anonymous
Unregistered

It can be done in someone's driveway..if you buy the parts yourself your looking @ maybe 140.00 for the pads and rotors and maybe 80 to throw a friend to do it..I dont know any shops out that way but I've got a lot of good guys in NJ if you'd like.

#388197 - 29/01/08 12:01 PM Re: brake job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually just got back from Meineke, I only paid 190 out the door for a complete brake check (no problems) and had the fronts replaced and the rear cleaned and adjusted. It wasn't complete extortion, considering I don't really have the tools or friends here yet to do it. Thanks for the reply, maybe when I'm ready for my body lift, I'll post here for the help.

#388198 - 29/01/08 04:50 PM Re: brake job
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I just bought new OE pads yesterday for $ 70. I plan on doing it this weekend. It will take an hour tops. I have yet to turn the rotors and I have 108k miles. Rotors only need to be turned if they have grooves in them. Otherwise I just scuff them with some light sandpaper. It is a PITA to deal with the 4x4 hubs have to be removed/repacked.

There is a place in Southampton that works on Nissans that I take my truck to. Not sure if you are willing to drive there. It is down Rt. 38.

S.

#388199 - 01/02/08 12:10 PM Re: brake job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually had to replace my rotors at about 80k or so. CK and I did it, man that was a long time ago now that I think about it. It was in my folks drive way before I bought my house and got married....

I have a bearing packer if you decided to turn your rotors. Shops sometimes have a tool that can turn them while they are still on your car. It is fast and easy and they can charge you a butt load for it.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal