shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680545 - 03/10/13 05:43 AM Muddin' the X!
Xwrench Offline

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
OK, last week I installed some Mickey Thompson STZs in 265/75 16s on my X; then on sunday went for a ride in Wharton with a Jeep JK, an XJ, and a Toyota 4x4. I led the group on the powerline trail. I was surprised & amazed at how the X went everywhere the Jeeps went without getting stuck. Got into some heavy sand and some deep black mud holes. My friends who made fun of the X when I got rid of my TJ couldn't believe it. Had a little bit of rubbing in front, does anyone know how many turns per inch on the T-bars for a PML? Thanks

Brad

#680555 - 07/10/13 04:34 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: Xwrench]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Xwrench
OK, last week I installed some Mickey Thompson STZs in 265/75 16s on my X; then on sunday went for a ride in Wharton with a Jeep JK, an XJ, and a Toyota 4x4. I led the group on the powerline trail. I was surprised & amazed at how the X went everywhere the Jeeps went without getting stuck. Got into some heavy sand and some deep black mud holes. My friends who made fun of the X when I got rid of my TJ couldn't believe it. Had a little bit of rubbing in front, does anyone know how many turns per inch on the T-bars for a PML? Thanks

Brad

Sounds like fun!

Are you going back 10/27 (SUNDAY) for the Annual Pine Barrens Clean-up Run?

There is NO number of t-bar rotations to get a PML...as every bar is different...even left and right bars on the same truck tend to need different numbers of turns, etc.

The way you do it is to adjust the bar until you have ~ 1/2" to 3/4" of upper (UPPER) bumpstop gap left....and that's ~ the PML limit of adjustment.

And, for the record, it won't stop tire rub upfront.

It only adds tire clearance at RIDE HEIGHT. (As all suspension lifts (SL) do)

When you go over a bump, the tires rises up to exactly the same point...and whatever it would have hit before the SL, it hits after the SL too.

As you only have 32x11.5 sized tires, they fit with some trimming. Cut off the soft plastic ledge at the rears of the front wheel wells, where the lower mud flap used to screw into.

That's the main place that usually hits...and which can jam the tire and stop you.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#680613 - 22/10/13 06:21 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: TJ]
Xwrench Offline

OK, followed your advice, got considerable lift, and did some trimming. Went out last Sunday w/Dominic & a bunch of Jeeps. No rubs, went through lots of bad stuff & had a great time. Only got stuck once. Got a shackle kit for the back, also. Trying to make the clean-up.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

#680614 - 22/10/13 11:00 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: Xwrench]
TJ Offline

Originally Posted By: Xwrench
OK, followed your advice, got considerable lift, and did some trimming. Went out last Sunday w/Dominic & a bunch of Jeeps. No rubs, went through lots of bad stuff & had a great time. Only got stuck once. Got a shackle kit for the back, also. Trying to make the clean-up.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

Sounds Good!

I look forward to meeting you in person on Sunday!

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#680618 - 23/10/13 05:46 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: TJ]
Xwrench Offline

Wanna lock one of the diffs, like lockrights & Aussies, etc., any ideas?

#680637 - 26/10/13 08:49 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: Xwrench]
TJ Offline

The only actual locker option is an ARB air-locker right now....which is expensive, but works great.

#680806 - 29/12/13 11:15 AM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: TJ]
Xwrench Offline

Once again, the black sheep! went out last Sunday with about 10 assorted Jeeps, from stock to heavily modified. Got some skeptical looks when we all met up at the Pic, but after blasting through some serious mud, received many props on the "nice build". didn't get stuck at all, went everywhere they did. I'm finding that it's a different driving style, leave lots of room at the end, and power through hard, lots of throttle. Really enjoying this truck!

Brad

2002 X, M/T 32's, 2 1/2-3inches, lots of trimming.

#680809 - 29/12/13 09:51 PM Re: Muddin' the X! [Re: Xwrench]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
Pics... didn't happen without pics.

That' whaththey always tell me.

Jeff!

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal