shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94855 - 18/10/02 04:29 PM Prince Rupert/Queen Charlotte Islands
is it a monday car? Offline

Loc: vancouver, canada
I use to live in Prince Rupert. The Fishing is unreal, I was up there Aug 15-21. I fished the Kitimat and skeena rivers. On just one day I caught 36 pinks, 4 chum, 2 coho (I released all but two). I live in rupert for 8 years, the last year there I visited the Charlotte's, oh man what a place! True unspoiled wilderness. The beaches there are huge and stretch for over 50 miles ( no people) . The kayaking is possibly the best in the world. There are abandoned Indian villages hundreds of years old (some of them are really freaky, totem poles and all). The last Ice age missed the Charlottes so the flora and fauna is unique to this spot. The only way to explore this part of the world is with a strong 4X4, the Xterra should be able to do it. I used my landcruiser and had a blast! You have to watch out for pebel sand in some spots, but more on that later if people are interested. I have travelled a lot and there have been few places that can compair with the beauty found on the north coast of B.C. (canada). I think it would be a great trip for a group of Xterra explorers (actually it would be one of the most memorable out door trips of your life!). If you, who ever you might be, wants more info, I would be willing to answer your questions. smile

#94856 - 19/10/02 10:20 AM Re: Prince Rupert/Queen Charlotte Islands
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
How long is the drive from Vancouver? Highway or ferry? Are there marked (mapped) 4x4 trails or roads out there? What sort of time period would we be looking at, a weekend trip, a week, 2 weeks, etc.

#94857 - 21/10/02 03:45 PM Re: Prince Rupert/Queen Charlotte Islands
is it a monday car? Offline

Loc: vancouver, canada
There are two ways to get their:1,take the ferry to Vancouver Island and drive to Port Hardy then take the ferry to Prince rupert. Then take a third ferry to the Charlottes.(this would take about three days, but the ferry ride in the day time is fantastic along the inside passage b.c coast, it is expensive around$400 depending on the time of year. 2. drive to Prince George ( I stay in Vanderhoof (1 hr further on) at the hillside in, nice place 12 hr drive) then next day 7-8 hr to rupert this is the best drive fantastic veiws particularly the last 1.5 hr along the Skeena river,oh and the bulkly valley is nice. Then again a ferry ride to the Charlottes. Yes there are lots of marked 4X4 trails and places to stay. There is even a place to rent Kayaks in the Charlottes, and guides.They will take you to Moresby Island. I had the most fun 4X4ing there than any place to date, but I would not do it alone! it is very remote at the best of times. Again the fishing is the best I have ever experiance and I love to fish.You can go to the Charlottes and 4X4 with out any one else and do just fine its just along Rose point that back up would be nice I did it alone in my Landcruiser but I almost lost the truck in the pebble sand (nasty stuff) stop moving once and its over. Just thinking back to that trip puts a smile on my face it was FANTASTIC! The wheather is always an issue but still I strongly recommend it. surf the net and see what its all about It is an awesome trip, really.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal