shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#392710 - 08/06/07 11:53 AM Bad Luck with SLR
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
My bad luck with SLR continues...

First I got my Stage UCA's and they didn't have zerks installed, the holes were too big for the ABS lines bolts. Then the TRA's don't fit the stock nuts off my truck. Then I sent Spencer my steering core and he said the center link boot was damaged and can't give me any more for it. I know it was in great condition when I sent it. Then I went to order the 300M t-bars and the price is now $550 even when his site says customers will be notified 15 days in advance on the site. I am getting sick and tried of SLR and the quality and customer service. Sorry for venting.

#392711 - 08/06/07 01:05 PM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont normally jump on the bandwagon when it comes to our few and far between parts providers but I fee l your pain. I had a set of spring packs ordered, I think it was last year in March, I said As long as I had them by August because I had a trip planned. Oh not a problem thats 5 months out. I heard every excuse in the book. I ended up calling every week in June and July. I was told "I even went to pick them up myself in my own truck" Needless to say I had to get my truck drivable again so I called Calmini and they 3 dayed me a set of SAS springs. I had a long conversation with SLR over cancelling my order, I was pissed. 4 freakin months. They had no issues taking my money. But they cant deliver their product in a timely fashion. After some sob story about how slr wont be able to sell the springs i agreed to take them at a percentage of the price. It took about another month from then, which was already past the time I actually needed them, for me to get them. I never saw any credit of any kind. After filing a report to the BBB, I sold the then useless springs to recoup my loss. I could never recommend SLR, and I didnt heed any of the previous warnings. This all transpired after they supposedly "Had gotten Better". What really is disappointing is that they used to have quality stuff. If you buy anything from them, give yourself at least 7-10 months lead time. At least other companies that have that kind of lead time will say so, and if they cant deliver, honor their word on percent off. I wrote off 400 bucks on these guys, I urge people to look somewhere esle if possible.

#392712 - 08/06/07 04:06 PM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
marmillerX Offline

I found another centerlink to send in for a core return. I am going to take a number of pictures and document everything. I can't belive he told me that my centerlink was unusable. It was in flawless condition when I sent it. I told him to take some pictures and email them to me then mail back my centerlink.

#392713 - 14/06/07 11:17 PM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw the link when I was at SLR today. It has some damage on the re-used side. You can only get a core refund if the link is in good condition. Pictures were taken of the link damage. I can post them up if you want?

#392714 - 15/06/07 04:34 AM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have never had anything but good luck from SLR and can't give up anything other than glowing praises for the equipment that I have purchased from them.

MarMiller, let's call him and see if there's something that we can work out on this. He's in business and the cheapest way for him to grow his business is word of mouth. So, let me know if you want me to set up a conference call and we can get him on the line and try to work it out.

#392715 - 15/06/07 04:35 AM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
marmillerX Offline

WolfmanX, Spencer sent me a picture of it. The odd thing is that I never used a hammer on the centerlink to remove it. From the picture if looks like it would of taken a pretty beefy hammer to make that kind of damage. From problems with workmanship on my SLR UCA's and now this I am just getting frustrated. When I send down my next centerlink I'll just take a few pictures to show the condition. Spencer still has some of the best parts for the X but I wish I had better luck with them.

#392716 - 15/06/07 04:40 AM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
I saw the link when I was at SLR today. It has some damage on the re-used side. You can only get a core refund if the link is in good condition. Pictures were taken of the link damage. I can post them up if you want?
On this, I've wheeled with Mark a couple of times and have traded many messages with him over at the NEXterra boards. So, when he says that he sent in a centerlink that was in good condition, I have to assume that he did. My thought was that it might be an administrative error and one that's easily fixed.

#392717 - 15/06/07 02:36 PM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Either way the whole situation sucks... While all of my experiences with SLR stuff are top notch I still feel shitty for Mark in this. it sucks to be at the mercy of someone else when it comes to a pretty substantial core refund (especially when you just want to turn it into more parts). I did not see the centerlink before it was in SLRs hands but I would take Mark and Eric's words to the bank on this.

Hopefuly you have better luck with my centerlink. frown

#392718 - 15/06/07 03:28 PM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, not sure what caused the damage. I'm not saying who did what, but here is the damage.

Maybe it was during shipping? I'm not sure. You are right, the whole situation sucks!

I have an extra center link if you need it, but it sounds like you have another one on the way. Hope it works out! [ThumbsUp]

#392719 - 18/06/07 04:39 AM Re: Bad Luck with SLR
marmillerX Offline

That's the same picture I got from Spencer. I am not sure what happened to it. I was able to get another centerlink that I'll send down. I just seem to have a streak of bad luck recently. Oh well. Thanks

#679889 - 16/03/13 03:09 AM Re: Bad Luck with SLR [Re: marmillerX]
konglo Offline

I am a douche bag spammer

Edited by TJ (17/03/13 03:22 PM)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal