2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98663 - 20/01/04 10:13 PM Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, it was fun and the adrenaline was rushing....mostly because it was night time and on a trail that a buddy "used go to..." that wasnt exactly a clear cut trail anymore. The terrain was mostly railroad track rock, mud, ice, a whole buncha' trees along a narrow path. At the top of the path was a rather large open mud field(many other had been before me...and you could tell).

I was completely happy with the way the X handled the tasks provided. Not once was I worried about being stuck or in any kind of trouble. There was one part of the trail that had eroded away on the right side with a large steep drop slope and the X avoided injury without even a hitch. Just to clarify, I just bought this truck for my wife and it is 100% stock.

#98664 - 23/01/04 09:40 AM Re: Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congradulations! Its better than drugs and just as addicting :p .

We all know the excuse, bought it for the wife (myself). Bought it for the kid (myself). There is always a good excuse to get a toy. I am trying to by my wife new Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires!!! [Smoking]

Welcome to the board!

#98665 - 23/01/04 09:05 PM Re: Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just about fell out of my chair after reading your post...LOL. So very, very true and as spoiled as I am, she sticks with me and that is why I love my wife. I would really like to get her a bit involved in the offroad scene but she'd rather just drive it to work and back. Ice is coming here this weekend in a big way(supposedly) and we'll see how it handles tasks of limited traction, creeping, and such on the roadways. Thanks for the welcome!

#98666 - 24/01/04 10:07 AM Re: Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeh, my wife makes it look like she would not appreciate it but when she first rode my new ATV a few years back, you could't get her off of it. In fact, she was buying mods for it!

I have the itching to get to a GOX this year but my son is less than a year so my wife doesn't want to go (Still can't find a Baby seat with a roll cage on it confused )

Your ice will be our snow but the weather people are not promising anything yet. [Crybaby] I don't mind it one bit (BRING IT ON!!! [Wave] ). It is all the Soccer moms in the massive SUV's who have never driven anything bigger than a Honda Civic who scare me. Especially when they have no clue how to drive in 4WD.

My wife is a gem. She would never stand in the way of my dreams! She loves my truck but she is leaning towards the Morano when we replace he car. We are in no hurry since her car is paid off.

Hey, maybe we could hook up when I get a chance to go to Rockport. I have not been there but I hear it is a great ORV place.

#98667 - 24/01/04 07:19 PM Re: Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys aughta look up some info on Heartland Xterra Owners Club a few of our members are St Louis/KC area, but I think we also cover some of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nebraska and Iowa, might be someone near Illinois, unsure.

#98668 - 24/01/04 08:13 PM Re: Took the X off road for first time!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was a midwest club and the president (I think) lived in my same town but the web page looks like it has not been updated since 2001. Check it out. Midwest Xterra Owners

I love the HXOC site. Makes me wish I had high speed internet though. I am thinking about going to the Blue Ridge TN meeting in May. Since my son will be about six months old I don't know if my wife will go for it.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal