shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#500715 - 31/07/06 09:01 AM Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Your interested in a cage for the XTERRA or FRONTIER CALMINI would like to know.

I have been working with CALMINI (Dave Kampa) to get the D21 (Hardbody) cage released. Allot of You have seen it in there SAS truck at Moab etc over the years. I want one for My truck. People have expressed interest in a Frontier version. So CALMINI asked Me to see if Xterra/Frontier owners would buy such a product.

Please email Me your name, email and vehicle information. I will send the information to CALMINI after I get a few more names. Just trying to gauge interest in a WD22/D22 version of this cage. No guarantees at this time. No price yet.

The cage will be very similar to the D21 cage already in the works.

People speak up if want them to build an Xterra version.

This is the link to the D21 fully welded, boltin cage. You supply the paint and padding.

http://nissannut.com/CALMINI_cage/

This front cage 2 seat part will be the first phase. Second phase will cover rear seats etc.

email me at nissannut@nissannut.com [Wave]

#500716 - 31/07/06 09:20 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Might be better to have this in the Manufacturer Row section?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#500717 - 31/07/06 09:27 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Message sent. [Wave]

#500718 - 31/07/06 09:40 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I was not sure if it is OK to put there. Since the rules stated to communicate to vendors. I am not related to CALMINI in anyway. Just trying to spread interest.

Its OK with me if You want to move it though.

#500719 - 31/07/06 11:55 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Actually it belongs here. Don't let Brent fool you he is nobody.

The Manufacturer Forum is for communication with the vendors. You have already done that and are asking around here for member participation.

This forum is for advanced wheeling and an interior cage is certainly that. You posted correctly.

#500720 - 31/07/06 02:44 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
i understand your policing newbies and beating on people for asking stupid repetative questions...

...but please dont piss on people for trying to help out the xterra offroad community. he is not a vendor and getting anyone that would want to help us to get more mods is far and few between. try not to fuck that up.

#500721 - 31/07/06 04:16 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
It is fine where it is.

#500722 - 31/07/06 04:29 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Guys. CALMINI just recieved my list of 16 people that would like a cage.

I will update this thread and a few others with new information as needed. All I really need is email and vehicle information.

Dave (CALMINI) wants to email everyone with information as needed.

#500723 - 31/07/06 06:55 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Tell Dave that I want one too.

Doug

#500724 - 31/07/06 07:24 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:
Tell Dave that I want one too.

Doug
Thanks. Your number 19.

#500725 - 31/07/06 08:15 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm- Roll Cage - Sounds interesting. Did they give you any idea of how much this would go for? Chaulk me up as an interested party...

RX

#500726 - 31/07/06 08:28 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer Xterra:
Hmmm- Roll Cage - Sounds interesting. Did they give you any idea of how much this would go for? Chaulk me up as an interested party...

RX
They have not decided on a price yet. You can see the D21 version was listed at $349 from the ad in a magazine.

I need Your name and address. Please email it to Me, nissannut@comcast.net

Dave will email everyone directly with updates.

Thanks,

#500727 - 31/07/06 09:57 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sent along an e-mail as well. Thanks for the effort.

#500728 - 01/08/06 05:28 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Has anyone seen their Hardbody and if they tied the cage to the frame? While this cage is certainly better than nothing... in a hard roll the cage can punch through the floor if it isn't tied to the frame. Someone should ask Calmini if they might offer a kit to tie the cage to the frame as well.
EOE...Opening Soon!

#500729 - 01/08/06 10:02 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I would like some additional level of security.

How would different years change the design? I have a 000.

I saw how the cab in a slow rollover was impacted, let alone something more significant.

It could be a pain for those with large feet, but given it is not a DD, I could manage.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#500730 - 01/08/06 10:48 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
Has anyone seen their Hardbody and if they tied the cage to the frame? While this cage is certainly better than nothing... in a hard roll the cage can punch through the floor if it isn't tied to the frame. Someone should ask Calmini if they might offer a kit to tie the cage to the frame as well.
I can not speek for there truck since I did not look underneath. But I have installed body lifts on Nissans from 1970 to 2004 models. All Nissans have the mounting points (floor) reinforced where it sits on the frame mount. The mounts are at the corners of the floor pan. PERFECT for cages. The cage bar sits right on top of these. I really like that design.

I will ask though. wink

#500731 - 01/08/06 10:51 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Steel_City_X:
I would like some additional level of security.

How would different years change the design? I have a 000.

Todd
Thats a good question. I have the same question on the Hardbodies cage. The dash changed in 94+. I have a 93 same dash as the CALMINI truck. But 94 will need to be tested to see if there is clearance issues. I have a friend with a 94 pathy I plan to test fit it in for CALMINI.

The same would need to be done on the Xterra models. I assume there is dash changes over the years?

#500732 - 01/08/06 02:32 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
You might be right they made it to line up with the body mounts. They say it comes with backing plates which generally means these are under the floor and the cage bolts through the floor to them to help prevent the cage from tearing away from the sheetmetal floor. Maybe the backing plates are designed to be part of the body mounts? Just ask them to take a few pics for everyone.

Again a cage with backing plates is still better than no cage and your local fabricator could tie the cage to the frame for you for added peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by NISSANNUT:
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
[b]Has anyone seen their Hardbody and if they tied the cage to the frame? While this cage is certainly better than nothing... in a hard roll the cage can punch through the floor if it isn't tied to the frame. Someone should ask Calmini if they might offer a kit to tie the cage to the frame as well.
I can not speek for there truck since I did not look underneath. But I have installed body lifts on Nissans from 1970 to 2004 models. All Nissans have the mounting points (floor) reinforced where it sits on the frame mount. The mounts are at the corners of the floor pan. PERFECT for cages. The cage bar sits right on top of these. I really like that design.

I will ask though. wink [/b]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#500733 - 01/08/06 02:40 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Steel_City_X Offline

The illustration threw me.

It looks like there is a lower platform in the picture. I kept looking in the photos for the parts that connected the legs together.

Finally I realized that the lines are in fact shadows from the cage...... :rolleyes:

The Xterra rear roof bar could move back a little which would be great for tall people and provide the placement of a rear barrier between floor ant cage to keep dogs out of the front seats. Those with dogs will understand.

Todd

#500734 - 04/08/06 10:28 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Just got off the phone with Calmini, and they added my name to the list. Forgot to ask how many people were on it so far.

I think it's a great idea, but I'm worried about how much interior room it will take up and how hard it will be for us taller and bigger drivers to get in and out.

Love the idea on putting up a barrier or net so the dogs can stay out of the front seats. [ThumbsUp]

Thanks for putting this together. [drink]

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#500735 - 04/08/06 11:51 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Steel_City_X Offline

I would like to know how close the drivers side front post is to the front of the door opening. I climbed in PhoeniX and found the doorway exist tight. From the picture in the thread, I think the Calmini frame has a "dogleg' to swing the frame forward. I like the leg room that is shown.

I would ask about issues with a bodylift? The issue with tying the cage to the frame is greater. I do not have the BL, but am considering it in the future.

NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMIN
I would be willing to drive mine out to California and leave it there for Calmini to use for testing if they need a 000 to play with. I'd catch a flight back to colorado, return to Bakersfeild when complete. smile Just really would like to get this installed.
NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMINI, NOTE TO CALMIN

#500736 - 04/08/06 12:26 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I offered a few weeks back Todd wink Looks like Steve's yellow SAS might be the first one. I've been a proponent of this for a long while now.
(yes, for obvious reasons [Finger] ..)

#500737 - 04/08/06 12:58 PM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Dan, I think you need a full exo-cage more than this based on your recent videos. wink [Wave]

I got "IT" from ebay.

#500738 - 23/08/06 09:14 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Any update on this?
Are there enough people interested for Calmini to start designing, fabrication, testing, etc??

Thanks for starting this, hopefully it will work out. [ThumbsUp]

I got "IT" from ebay.

#500739 - 23/08/06 11:09 AM Re: Do You want an interior cage?
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:
Any update on this?
Are there enough people interested for Calmini to start designing, fabrication, testing, etc??

Thanks for starting this, hopefully it will work out. [ThumbsUp]
I think they have heard loud and clear that we want cages. With a few big projects on their plate to finish along with two big shows coming up in a few months, I would look to the end of the year or the begining of next before anything starts to happen.
That being said. Keep letting them know that you want it.

-Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal