shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678842 - 02/07/12 07:12 PM 05 SAS swap
Corey Offline

Hi, I have an 05 xterra s model. 2wd. I'm looking to convert to an sas. I know, lots of money and time. I'm looking forward to the project and am not worried about that. Only problem is...I don't even know where to start. Just thought I'd ask around and see if anyone knows of a good guide with parts and specs. I know callimini(sp?) makes a kit for the 00-04 but as it stands I can't find anything for the 05 and up. Any information helps and I'm in no hurry. I plan on first gathering parts slowly and trying to get most of the build done in a good solid week.

Also on a smaller note, If anyone wants to maybe just list a bunch of neat things to do to the motor or in general let me know. I plan on doing a lot to my baby. smile

#678911 - 12/07/12 07:49 PM Re: 05 SAS swap [Re: Corey]
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Solid axle swap swap?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#682411 - 13/03/14 08:33 PM Re: 05 SAS swap [Re: OffroadX]
congwstance Offline

Little Alice was heartbroken when her pet canary (1) died, and to soften the blow, her father gave her a cigar box for a coffin and assisted in burying the canary in the back yard.“Daddy.” Whispered Little Alice after the funeral, “Will my dear little birdie (2) go to Heaven?”“I expect so,” replied her father.”Why?”“I was only thinking,” murmured (3) Little Alice,”how cross (4) St. Peter will be when he opens the box and discovers there are no cigars in it.”

#682603 - 06/08/14 08:27 PM Re: 05 SAS swap [Re: congwstance]
dmac Offline

Loc: Northern Calif
Lot of time and money for a 2wd, what are you trying to accomplish with this?

#682616 - 12/08/14 11:56 AM Re: 05 SAS swap [Re: dmac]
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
I can give you more info on this but first are you sure you dont want to sell your current X and start with a 4x4 or even better yet, get a gen 1 model and do a calamini swap? Otherwise, do you want to consider making your 2wd a 4wd when doing the swap?

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal