2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421205 - 28/03/07 06:47 PM Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 2''BL and PML, i'm running 265/75-16 and they rubs alot when I make turns, also parts like Idler arm, tie rods, bushings, etc damage constantly. What can be happening???

Driver side.

Passenger side.

The other side is where I'm getting all the problems... look

#421206 - 28/03/07 07:14 PM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should not have any rubbing what so ever with that size tire and the two lifts that you have with stock rims. I know because I used to run the same exact setup before.

By what I'm seeing in the picture it looks like you caster angles are waaay off. Caster angle is basically positioning of the front tires either forward or backwards relative to a vertical 90 degree line. Basically either this way "/" or that way ""

I don't want to say anything but with that kid of difference in caster angles you might want to check for bent contol arms or something of that nature. Besc case scenario you alignment is waaay off. Of course this is assuming that the caster angle on the Xterra is adjustable. If not someone will chime in and correct me, I'm sure.

See if you can figure out what's going on by looking underneath and checking for anything bent or damaged and let us know.

#421207 - 28/03/07 07:40 PM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been banging your lower control arms on rocks recently? I bent one last summer and it pushed the tire back like you've shown in the passenger side pic.

my story...

#421208 - 29/03/07 05:24 AM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey B., was your wheel also shifted when that happend???

I will be replacing the shocks soon... I'll try to look for anything uncommon and take pics... thanx

#421209 - 29/03/07 01:20 PM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

My X has differant spaces from side to side also, not that big of a differance. But it was like that before I started wheeling it.

#421210 - 29/03/07 04:10 PM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes. The whole wheel was shifted back. You could see it. Luckily the LCA was the only tweaked component. Every thing else was straight and it aligned perfectly after replacement. I noticed I had a problem when I heard my tire rubbing while backing up on flat level pavement.

#421211 - 30/03/07 07:56 AM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then, is it normal to have a different space there??? I want to get a SL, I hope that can fix the problem... What worries me is that if I invest money and then all the new parts star bending... that would suck. I carfaxed it and didn't find anything, but I think it was hit... I cant be sure thoug.

#421212 - 30/03/07 12:16 PM Re: Front wheel placement.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Based upon what've you'e posted about the rubbing (that should not be happening with your set up), something very important is definitely f'ed up? Have you crawled under to look around yet?

Look at your lower control arms, front cross member, frame, etc...

If you can't spot it, find someone who will know what to look for and fix it before dumping any more $$$$ into mods.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal