2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#677180 - 01/12/11 02:28 PM Noobie here... Need some advise on replacing bilsteins on 2nd gen (2006)
hoobedda Offline

Off Road. Been calling around to dealers and others about getting these replaced and so far the prices are outrageous. Is this a real problem to perform this task. Pretty sure I've got the tools to do this and a garage to do it in. Just wondering if any of you DIYourselfers have tackled this and what are some of the pitfalls to look for... I know the rears are pretty straight forward but the fronts look like work. Anyone done this themselves? Appreciate any help/advise, Thanks, Chris

Edited by hoobedda (01/12/11 02:44 PM)

#677188 - 02/12/11 06:56 PM Re: Noobie here... Need some advise on replacing bilsteins on 2nd gen (2006) [Re: hoobedda]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
The rear shocks are realativly easy, the fronts are a different story.

The sront shocks are a coil over type shock, you'll need a spring compressor to do those.

If you have not done coil over type shocks or struts I would not recommend a trial by fire, a wrong move could cost you your life or some other body part if the spring tension is accidently released during assembly or disassembly.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal