2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429893 - 10/03/02 06:07 PM Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
http://www.xterraparts.com/html/performance.html

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these (the front endlink graphite bushings and the rear sway bar mount graphite bushings)? Has anyone tried the graphite bushings from xterraparts.com? I seem to remember someone saying their rear sway bar mount bushings broke. Was that you, Ian?

Your comments would be helpful!

-Brad

#429894 - 10/03/02 06:13 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I destroyed a set of Energy Suspension front sway bar brackets in a few hours. They can't handle the stress of the front sway bar.
I didn't try the rears (which are greasable, not graphite), since I don't run a rear sway bar.

Graphite impregnated urethane bushings are simply self lubricating.

#429895 - 10/03/02 06:16 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Will the front endlink bushings simply improve cornering response? Any other effects?

#429896 - 10/03/02 06:45 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Strom:
Will the front endlink bushings simply improve cornering response? Any other effects?
Being urethane, they will stiffen up the sway bar compared to the stock rubber bushings.

I don't know of any side effects.

#429897 - 01/11/04 05:01 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone else (besides Ian) used the Energy Suspension Front Sway Bar Brackets? I use the end links up front and think they do a great job, so far. After a recent extracation from some quicksand however, upon review of the front end I noticed the front bushings look worn and dried out. [Uh Oh !] Thought I might give 'em a chance. Mmmm, Zerks smile

EDIT- Crushed front sway bar brackets I found this while searching. It didn't answer my question, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Can we get the pics re-posted? I'm so glad everyone gets along now eek We've come so far [Laughing] ..

#429898 - 01/11/04 06:06 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
I know that Kai0tik uses Energy Suspension front sway bar brackets, but I also know that the brackets on his have been destroyed for some time.

For front sway bar end link, here\'s some info .

I was never able to find the exact part number in the link; I ended up using: 9.8120GC. These ones fit just fine w/ my 3" suspension lift. (The front sway bar sits level to the ground.)

#429899 - 01/11/04 06:19 PM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Sal, looks like new parts tomorrow smile They can't be worse than the bushings in there now..

#429900 - 02/11/04 02:51 AM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
Toy Man Offline

Loc: Beaverton Oregon
The brackets are way too soft but the actual bushing are fine.

You can use the Xterra brackets with the Energy Suspensions bushings by grinding off the little lip on the bottom of the bracket.

Toy Man

#429901 - 02/11/04 09:56 AM Re: Graphite Front Endlink/Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushings
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
EDIT- Crushed front sway bar brackets I found this while searching. It didn't answer my question, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Can we get the pics re-posted?
Ah, that's funny. I've got both my brackets trashed too, finished 'em off in March. Rear was gone back in 2000, not missed at all. I did miss the front swaybar a bit at first once it had to go, but have adapted. I have had to perform a rapid evasive lane change, the X did NOT roll like Ian said it would wink and didn't even spook me for that matter. I still sometimes take cloverleaf exit ramps fast enough to howl the tires a bit, and the X leans more in the process, but doesn't feel any less stable either. I wouldn't advise someone to remove it, but at least with the 20% stiffer shocks, it's not at all "scary" either. I did have it removed or disconnected a time or two with the stock shocks, and it was pretty wobbly then.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal