shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464756 - 25/06/07 07:09 PM 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

looking to buy a 07 x
is there anything i should be looking for in problems, or anything at all
i love my 01 but needs some work and they are giving a good deal on new ones

#464757 - 26/06/07 01:35 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I assume your buying brand new if it is an 07' so your big choices are X S Off-Road or SE model. Lots of threads on that so read the top one that is stuck there. The only issue people seem to have are with transfer cases for people that really go out and thrash off road. I have a S model (which was base in 05') and I had one issue but Nissan fixed under warranty.

You will like the 07' alot more than the 01' so much more power, room etc.

#464758 - 27/06/07 08:05 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will agree. I had an 01, 02, and 05. Huge difference between the 1st and 2nd Gen. You will never get another truck or car again. This one is the one. And, I'm not only talking for off-roading. This is a great every day car also.

#464759 - 01/07/07 10:20 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

We live near Cheyenne at 6,000 feet with lots of mountains nearby. We have had an '07 OR auto w/RF stereo and tow pkg for about six months and 6K miles. It is a truely fun vehicle and great highway cruiser,not just an off roader. My wife uses it as a daily driver; 30 mile round trip. Very quiet and comfortable. Firm ride, but much more livable on a day to day gravel/paved road, commute basis than our '6 Unlimited Rubicon. Much more powerful for use here in the mountains than the Jeep. Great acceleration and handles very well. We have a new Maxima, which is luxo/techno and fun to drive, but we still end up driving the X a lot of the time. The X is a well made, solid feeling, well finished vehicle that inspires confidence on and off road. For all around use, we chose it over a new Unlimited Sahara auto w/hardtop. It was also about $3K less expensive.

#464760 - 09/07/07 09:09 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I was looking for my Xterra (I ended up purchasing the X trim line), I considered some S trim lines. However, the ones I looked at came with an options package that included 'all-season' (i.e. rubber) floor mats, and the factory also included carpeted floor mats. I did not understand why two sets of floor mats would come with the vehicle (I wanted and needed only one set), and when I asked the dealer to simply keep one of the sets (and delete the cost from the price of the vehicle) the dealer said he couldn't remove anything the factory included in the vehicle (even floor mats). I have bought several Nissans over the years, and on two occasions I had the dealer remove the (carpeted) floor mats (and rebate me the cost), as I had monogrammed floor mats at the time. Likewise, I had a dealer keep a trunk mat on another vehicle I purchased and deduct that cost from the price. So, you might want to watch out for dealers that say they can't remove an option (as long as it's not built-in), when they in fact can. Or, you can negotiate that particular option out of the price of the vehicle (either way, you save money).

#464761 - 10/07/07 07:34 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bsb:
I did not understand why two sets of floor mats would come with the vehicle
It makes perfect sense, I have both and use the all weather ones during the fall/winter and the carpeted ones during the spring/fall. However, I would use the all weather mats all year round if I didn't go to the beach a lot and drive barefoot.

#464762 - 10/07/07 07:41 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

"However, I would use the all weather mats all year round if I didn't go to the beach a lot and drive barefoot."

That's exactly why i do use the rubber floor mats in the summer - sand!
Figure if I ever sell the thing (year right), at least I'll have mint condition carpeted mats to put in and dress it up a little.

Kobo - As someone who simultaneously owned an 03 and an 05 for a while, I have to say the second gen just blew away the first gen in so many ways.
You'll note I no longer own the first gen - sold it for another second gen (well, second gen Fronty anyway). If your wallet permits (and it sounds like it does), go for it, you wont regret it!

#464763 - 10/07/07 10:21 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
GrayHam Offline

I'm on my third Xterra:

01 -- Was a lease. I loved it, and the thought of giving it back hurt.

So I traded it in on an '03.

03 -- Loved it, too. Added new wheels, new tires, did the AUX-in mod . . . loved the hell out of that truck.

And then came 265 hp.

I have an '06 now.
Midnight blue.

And it is sooooo much better than my previous trucks . . .

[Smoking]

#464764 - 10/07/07 10:44 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew I wanted 4x4, I really wanted SE, for the cool trip and gas milage computer, but I finally decided on Off Road for the extra protective plating underneath for 4 wheeling. My mpg sucks, but luckily I live close to work. I love the X, it's my first suv, and it's great. Lot's of power, really smooth ride on pavement, and small enough to easily do most off road trails.lj(I did go with the Rockford Fosgate stereo for the ipod interface, the streo is really nice!)

#464765 - 12/07/07 06:13 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
"However, I would use the all weather mats all year round if I didn't go to the beach a lot and drive barefoot."

That's exactly why i do use the rubber floor mats in the summer - sand!
Figure if I ever sell the thing (year right), at least I'll have mint condition carpeted mats to put in and dress it up a little.

Kobo - As someone who simultaneously owned an 03 and an 05 for a while, I have to say the second gen just blew away the first gen in so many ways.
You'll note I no longer own the first gen - sold it for another second gen (well, second gen Fronty anyway). If your wallet permits (and it sounds like it does), go for it, you wont regret it!
That's why I have a vacuum. IDK about you but I don't like driving in barefeet with the rubber mats.

#464766 - 12/07/07 06:16 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lj:
I knew I wanted 4x4, I really wanted SE, for the cool trip and gas milage computer, but I finally decided on Off Road for the extra protective plating underneath for 4 wheeling. My mpg sucks, but luckily I live close to work. I love the X, it's my first suv, and it's great. Lot's of power, really smooth ride on pavement, and small enough to easily do most off road trails.lj(I did go with the Rockford Fosgate stereo for the ipod interface, the streo is really nice!)
I thought that the off roads came with the trip and gas mileage computer. Maybe they changed it for the '07s?

#464767 - 15/07/07 07:36 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would purchase the 4X4 off road but to eliminate going through the typical dealer b.s. try our the costco auto buy program. i have checked their pricing and they seem to be fair. i want feed back- all the offroad models come with everything listed as options. so am i correct to simply decline any options knowing that it will come with power package, etc?

#464768 - 16/07/07 10:59 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisf4i:
Quote:
Originally posted by lj:
[b]I knew I wanted 4x4, I really wanted SE, for the cool trip and gas milage computer, but I finally decided on Off Road for the extra protective plating underneath for 4 wheeling. My mpg sucks, but luckily I live close to work. I love the X, it's my first suv, and it's great. Lot's of power, really smooth ride on pavement, and small enough to easily do most off road trails.lj(I did go with the Rockford Fosgate stereo for the ipod interface, the streo is really nice!)
I thought that the off roads came with the trip and gas mileage computer. Maybe they changed it for the '07s?[/b]
They must have changed it for the 07's because mine doesn't have it either.

#464769 - 20/07/07 10:27 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went with the 07 OR with a MT. I like the OR much better because it was tight and drove much closer to the way my 04 Maxima did. I also like having the extra clearance and the profile looks more agressive than the other trims. I've had it for 6 months and am glad I made the decisions I did.

#464770 - 20/07/07 12:31 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
the profile looks more agressive than the other trims.
[Huh?]

#464771 - 22/07/07 09:19 AM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only issue I have had with my 06 OR is that the rear springs are a bit soft. When I have anything loaded in the back and passengers it will bottom out often. I also tow a 21' trailer. I will be having leafs added to the rear next week. I understand this issue has been taken care of in the 07 model.

#464772 - 22/07/07 08:07 PM Re: 2007 new x questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I bought mine through the Costco deal. It was great, we made an appointment with the Fleet sales manager, I told him exactly what I wanted, and it took like a month, but I got almost the exact X I wanted. I figured for that much $$, I wanted the features I wanted, Off Road, RF Stereo, automatic, Midnight Blue, & tow package. For some reason, there are not that many Midnight blue OffRoads around. The only thing I backed off of was the blue/gray int., and got charcoal, instead. I really felt like we got a really great deal through Costco. They show you the invoice and you pay a straight amount above their cost. You don't play all the usual bs car salesman games, so it's much faster and less annoying. (No offense to any car salesman, but I'd rather go to the dentist than step onto a car lot!) I highly recommend it! [ThumbsUp] lj

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal