Favorite Thing about the X

Posted by: Anonymous

Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 10:49 AM

I just got my 2001 Xterra SE 4x4. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I love how this baby rides both on and off road! It is everything I've hoped that it would be. What is everybody's favorite thing about their own Xterra??
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 11:00 AM

Can't really put my finger on one thing, so I guess my favorite thing is that I've driven it 110K miles and still don't want to replace it. Infact, I have no plans of getting rid of it (barring necessity) anytime soon; probably not even within the next 5 years. I usually tire of my vehicles within a couple years, so that's quite an accomplishment!

I guess if I had to put my finger on one thing it would be the utility of it. It's really a great "do everything" truck.
Posted by: rrdstarr

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Can't really put my finger on one thing, so I guess my favorite thing is that I've driven it 110K miles and still don't want to replace it. Infact, I have no plans of getting rid of it (barring necessity) anytime soon; probably not even within the next 5 years. I usually tire of my vehicles within a couple years, so that's quite an accomplishment!

I guess if I had to put my finger on one thing it would be the utility of it. It's really a great "do everything" truck.
Something like that.... laugh
Posted by: Rickster43

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:06 PM

It's different than anything out there, it has that "sporty-rough like", back to to the bones,and what a SUV ahould look and drive like...

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:09 PM

GAS MILAGE! wink Or walking into work with a cup holder attatched to my drink. laugh
Posted by: Xterra Kid 2003

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:18 PM

I agree about its versatility. Hopefully next summer I can save up enough money to just go do something with the X. Climbing, packing, paddling, biking, surfing. The X can carry all the toys. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZtoX:
What is everybody's favorite thing about their own Xterra??
Chicks dig it [Smoking]

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:34 PM

i like the overall look of the x.
Posted by: ButterBean

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 12:34 PM

Cheap plastic bumpers. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 01:52 PM

All the remote places it can get you.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 04:18 PM

All of the abuse one gets on XOC for the mortal sin of having a 4x2. wink

Oh, and what everybody else said too.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 07:34 PM

It can go most places a jeep can go.

It's inclosed.

It's got stadium seating.(the only vehicle I actually like to ride in the back of)

It's easier to park then most SUV's.

And... it's ipsolateral on the back.

I can't put my finger on my favorite reason.
Posted by: 1_black_x

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 07:48 PM

The way it handles and of course its looks

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 08:17 PM

i love the turning radius....
love the gear basket, and the entire roof rack idea...
first aid kit, in the door...
...and most of the reasons above

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 08/08/04 09:09 PM

The fact that I feel comfortable doing anything in the x it's great all around.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 09/08/04 06:16 PM

I just took my X offroad for the 1st time! You can't tell what color it is anymore! GOD I LOVE THIS CAR! it has everything I want and nothing I don't! [Finger] to jeep, they don't have Shit on the X!

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 09/08/04 06:41 PM

Couple of weeks ago I did some baby offroading (everything in steps) and got my X dirty too...

I finally understood what everyone talks about (dirty feels good) when I pulled up next to another black X (shiny & clean) on 20's.

Sorry to say the fool looked [Rainbow] in his X.

I love my X's versatility...
Posted by: altima

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 09/08/04 06:43 PM

I love how the passenger seat shakes like a bitch when driving. eek
Posted by: dlg1333

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 09/08/04 07:31 PM

I love that black lever just to the left of my auto-trans shifter.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 13/08/04 09:25 PM

I think these comments were said but i love it when someone in my car brings in my cupholder on accident. Girls always compliment my car when i give them a ride and say im a good driver [Smoking] . Looking in a parking lot and seeing one sexy rackmount.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 13/08/04 11:16 PM

I love the overall simple & functional design. I think it is a near perfect blend of utility, size, capability, and affordability. I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far.

I like all the hard plastic too because the dogs can go anywhere without tearing things up (unlike my subaru outback, which I hardly drive anymore).

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 14/08/04 04:45 AM

OK, what's not to love...
A Year ago this month we're looking for a new vehicle that will handle the Labrador Extremes, and a little Geocaching adventuring, and with a back seat that'll hold (with some comfort) a FULL SIZED 14 year old son who's bigger than both the parents.
Had been looking at the Suzuki XL-7, but not really happy (have owned several Suzuki Cars which were great)
They've got a dozen or so X's with hail damage being sold of at about $5 grand under sticker price because they were hail damaged in transit.
We're moving to Labrador...thousands of miles of gravel roads, who cares about some dents?
First the 14 y/o climbs in back seat and says...holy smokes this is COOL! Little one climbs in beside him...first time she's seen out the front window "COOL!"
Then we take it out for a spin, I say "Holy smokes...this is COOL!" Mum takes a turn, "Buy it NOW, she tells me!" LOVES the Solar Yellow one, it's the only one "NOW!" she says.
Traded tires in for C rated Nobbly ones.
So now we're in Labrador, small winter last year, only 12 feet of snow, no problems.
This summer we go adventuring (back yard here). The wildest roads are no problem, skidoo trails are a piece of cake.
Last week we went to THIS GEOCACHE .
Some friends were supposed to wait for us to show up in the afternoon and give them a ride for the last few miles...couldn't wait till afternoon, they hiked...3 hours with the Mosquitos and Black Flies...we X'd in...nothing to it. If you read our log at the Cache and can't understand the Pirate speak, just read it out loud...makes sense then.
THE X IS THE BEST DAMN SUV EVER!!!!!
A realistic balance between price and utility, sure you could spend a fortune (if you had one) and get a Landrover or a Hummer, but bang for buck...worth it's weight!
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
WE LOVE OUR X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 14/08/04 08:28 PM

my x is my perfect man...a little rugged and rough around the edges, sturdy, reliable, a little dirty, and is willing to go places most others aren't.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
GAS MILAGE! wink Or walking into work with a cup holder attatched to my drink. laugh
Yes!!! Damn F%%@*(ing cupholder!!!! [Laughing]

But in addition, I totalled my first X in a nasty bang up with some ice and guardrails, and walked away. Plus, love sleeping and camping and going far away in it!
Posted by: BluRdgX

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 01:51 PM

Just gave Captain No Beard a five truck rating for his post about his X....nice post! And welcome!

BRX
[Wave]
Posted by: BOOM

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 02:38 PM

I think that it’s nice when you get stuck in a big ass hole that you get credit for it... and well so does the tow truck driver for pulling another person out of the same damn hole a week before...
I love my Xterra its does what I want it to do and even more... now I need the front bumper don’t know what one I wanna make the rock sliders and wanna make the swing arm ... then I should be done .. Then I will finish up on the inside then....

Talk to you later..... [Wave] [Wave]

BOOM.......... [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: TremorX

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 02:40 PM

It tastes like chicken.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 02:46 PM

Versatility... Do anything, go anywhere... 5 speed 4x4!! xterraparts... japanese reliability..

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 16/08/04 08:29 PM

The fact that it isn't a Heep! laugh

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 17/08/04 11:23 AM

When I look under the hood, I don't see the word "Chrysler".
Posted by: ClaptoVaughn

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 17/08/04 01:45 PM

It's a whole bunch of things.

I love the way it handles on and off road, especially w/ the Calmini steering system. The way 1st gear takes it up practically any hill without any effort.

The Xterra looks great too, although every day that passes makes me feel like I need to make it higher frown .
Posted by: jacon

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 17/08/04 02:04 PM

I like the way it refuses to stall in first or second gear. In fact I can pull away in first without even touching the gas pedal. Albeit very slowly of course!
First stick shift that's fun to drive in heavy traffic!

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 17/08/04 06:11 PM

Love the ladder-box steel frame/ body-on-top design

Love the 'rubbery' solid ride as opposed to the 'jarring' solid ride of a unibody car.

Love the sound of the V6 under full throttle at 3,000 rpm cool
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 18/08/04 08:44 AM

it's paid for cool

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 18/08/04 04:29 PM

I didn't read everybody's post, but it seems like most peolpe like a certain aspect of the X. That's cool and I agree, it's just that, everything makes up the whole thing and I like the whole thing a lot more than I like just any one thing. The thing with that thing is that you can get anything and everything for the thing and it will still be, just the whole thing. And if you ever had to get rid of any one of those things I don't think I would miss any one thing more than the other thing. My point is: What I like most about my X is that everybody, and I mean everybody, "still" tells me how fuckin'cool it is AND it "is" the coolest 1 in the area, so, I get a lot of heads turning. It's really not anything special, it's just the only one around that has any bells or whistles on it. Mine has little bells with a big whistle. When those lovely people turn thier heads and look at my X, The narcissistic asshole in me is satisfied to its fullest...what were we talkin' about? OH, yeah, love the X. [Smoking]

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 18/08/04 05:26 PM

I like when you have people ask you "What kind of truck is that?" and then say that it is a cool looking truck. I get that when I go to Target as well as when I am at AutoZone.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 21/08/04 01:59 PM

I like pulling up next to a Liberty/CRV/4Runner/Sante Fe/Sorrento(among others) and having the driver look at my truck knowing that they are thinking that their vehicles couldn't go half of the places mine can and DOES!

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 22/08/04 01:04 PM

I just moved into a duplex in Collegetown, USA and my three roommates ALL drive Xterras. We have our own little gathering, and in the complex itself there are probably around 18-20 other Xs. I love the Xterra because of the community that surrounds it, I mean these things have one HELL of a following and I'm Glad to be a part of it
Posted by: Pumpkinhead

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 22/08/04 02:00 PM

The M&M paint finish. Nothing says durability like a candy coating. OK, I love the X anyway. Easy to work on.

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 22/08/04 03:28 PM

Its yellow & guys dig it. smile

Re: Favorite Thing about the X - 22/08/04 07:17 PM

no damn electronic 4 wheel drive, that stuff caused my buddy to roll his moutaineer, while i was in it no less