first time off road

Posted by: Anonymous

first time off road - 12/04/06 09:00 PM

I went offroading on a light trail today that i found by my house. Xterra was awesome! It didnt slip at all with highway tires on (rears with low tread). Almost got stuck in some mud becuase it turned into a dead and i had to back out for like 50 feet [Freak]

I realised i lost a center cap though, whoops.
I'll have to go back and look for it tomorrow.

laugh laugh

Re: first time off road - 12/04/06 09:46 PM

I love mud.........when I'm in a rental laugh

people actually seek out mud...arrrgh. to me, it's still too new to not avoid goo.
Posted by: ripcurl2151

Re: first time off road - 14/04/06 05:54 PM

if you go out offroading again, just take off all the center caps before you head out. they can get knocked off pretty easily. good luck crawling through the mud to find it

Re: first time off road - 14/04/06 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripcurl2151:
if you go out offroading again, just take off all the center caps before you head out.
Yankeefan -
Hell, those things fall off even if you don't go off road. I suggest you take 'em off, thow 'em away and get on with your life. You're in for years of heart break otherwise. You'll spend your life scowering e-bay looking for replacements everytime they fall off. And finally, you'll turn to a life of crime, stealing the wheel nipples off of innocent, unsuspecting X's. That's when you'll know you've hit bottom. STOP NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

Re: first time off road - 14/04/06 08:14 PM

[LOL]

Re: first time off road - 14/04/06 10:48 PM

ive lost 2 and broke 1 so far. 2 lost were in mud and the broken one i took off and put it in the back and it got crushed.

Re: first time off road - 14/04/06 11:24 PM

haha, the Center Cap that I ran over on the trail is the one that stays on through almost 2 years of outings smile

Re: first time off road - 15/04/06 04:26 AM

What's a center cap? laugh

Re: first time off road - 15/04/06 03:16 PM

haha yeah when i went back in to look for it i took ALL of them off.

i also took my mudflaps off but damn does the car get dirty when there not on there. has anyone ever mad e a "quick disconnect" for them?
Just driving around in the rain my car was covered in sand and shit from the road.

Re: first time off road - 15/04/06 09:38 PM

The Xterra looks best when dirty laugh

Re: first time off road - 15/04/06 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankyfan100:
Just driving around in the rain my car was covered in sand and shit from the road.
Yeah, those of us with different offset wheels, wider tires -- and more agressive tires-- are even worse off. But I don't mind...

Re: first time off road - 18/04/06 10:16 AM

What are these caps you speak of???
Posted by: Bruzer

Re: first time off road - 18/04/06 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LocalRider#7:
What are these caps you speak of???
The first gen Xterras had a alloy wheel with a plastic center cap. In the front the cap protects the locking hubs, in the rear they are hollow. When I rotated my tires I had to change the caps from front to rear.