2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights

Posted by: Anonymous

2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 14/10/05 10:12 AM

Has anyone ever had problems with the dash lights going dim (such as the odometer)? The radio lights seem to be fine. Thanks!
Posted by: Saturday Morning

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 14/10/05 10:16 AM

I've heard of it before.. You may be able to find out more with a quick search.

I know I've personally loast all my dash lights before several times but a quick roll back and forth of the thumb wheel dimmer switch brings them right back.. I assume it's just dirt gettign in the switch and never worried much about it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 14/10/05 10:22 AM

Thanks! I fiddled with a little last night, but I'll try it again.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 14/10/05 10:43 AM

yeah - now that you mention it I think my dimmer roller used to be flaky at times... but I haven't noticed it or thought about it in a long time.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 15/10/05 04:37 PM

No problems with mine as of yet.
Posted by: PEOGOLF

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 15/02/14 11:20 AM

NO Help here: Have 01, don't remember when my dimmed out: at dusk i can't even see how fast i'm going, I just got so L.E.D.s i'm going to try. check the threads there are some solutions that might help.. i'll be watching what you come up with..
Posted by: PEOGOLF

Re: 2001 Xterra - Dashboard lights - 15/03/14 07:49 PM

T5 SMD LED 10x Blue T5 SMD LED Dash Instrument Panel Cluster Light 57 37 70 73 74 for Nissan on ebay three square light panels on top

i put these in and it didn't cover the complete dial on the tach area between 3k and 4k has a dark spot,they don't have that daytime the lights are on look;and get red or back to super bright white. they do resolve my dusk time lighting problem but i'm going to look at buying a light with multiple bulbs on it. for better coverage but till then these will work for me. let you know how it turns out