probably the stupidest question yet

Posted by: Anonymous

probably the stupidest question yet - 03/02/07 08:53 PM

ok so i just got my xterra about a month ago, i bouht it from a local nissan dealership. needless to say its a far cry from my volvo xc. well my question is how do i even go about removing the spare tire, iv got no manual and no help. i searched, and it says there is a crank to lower it, where would this crank be? what would i use to lower the spare. thanks in advance

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 03/02/07 08:57 PM

there is a hole in your bumper above your license plate if you shine a flashlight in there you will see a metal wheel with a slot in it at the back. take your jack crank the long metal rod with the T at the end and sitck it in there and turn whichever way lets the tire down (id assume to the left)
Posted by: Xorand

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 03/02/07 09:02 PM

And to add to the post, the crank handle is under the carpet in the rear of the truck.

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 03/02/07 10:26 PM

Ya, it is kinda a hassle... i have yet to be able to do it without a flashlight... anybody got a trick?

The only one i can think of is to put the flashlight underneath the truck so it shines through the spare... but i have the 17" spare so there's alot of space between the spokes for the light to shine through... don't know if it would work as well with a 15" wheel. You still need a flashlight though :rolleyes:

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 01:46 AM

You know.. I had the same problem, too dark.

It wouldn't hurt to mount a license plate light under there and have it hooked up to the running lights.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 04:42 AM

Just take your time. No real trick to it.

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 08:44 AM

Some Guys just have trouble finding the Hole. Did you try asking a wife of girlfriend? Sometimes they can help you find the hole.

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 08:54 AM

FYI here's a link to an electronic version of the owners manual: click me

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 01:41 PM

Hello, I ask my wife to help me find the hole...she wants to know what the second hole is for?

Ok: bad joke.........aloha

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kona Hawaii:
Hello, I ask my wife to help me find the hole...she wants to know what the second hole is for?

Ok: bad joke.........aloha
Glory Hole?
:p

Re: probably the stupidest question yet - 04/02/07 09:25 PM

It is called the dirt road. X owners like the bumpy dirt roads.