Posted by: Anonymous

1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 06:28 AM

I finally got me new car..
i couldnt get da OFF Road version...
so i just got the
S Model..
is 4x4 and 4x2
265 HP. V6.
is got da splash guards and the step rails..
is SIlver Metallic..
is da Stock tire and rims..all stock..

and i was wonderin i seen some of these pics and some of them are stock and people are st ill goin like mud ridin or through trials..
so i wanna know
wat can i do with my Xterra..the way that it is...
stock...

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 07:51 AM

Honestly man, the new X isn't good for much more than riding over those huge speed bumps at the McDonald's drive thru. I mean, you might be able to handle city potholes if you had gotten the Off Road, but since you didnt, I'd stick to mall parking lots.
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 08:00 AM

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 08:09 AM

Quote:
Honestly man, the new X isn't good for much more than riding over those huge speed bumps at the McDonald's drive thru. I mean, you might be able to handle city potholes if you had gotten the Off Road, but since you didnt, I'd stick to mall parking lots.
[Huh?] ..it is obvious that this guy is a newbie and has not been around the "X's" very long. Better get ready for the bashing buddy.

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 08:27 AM

Did you get a 4x2 or a 4x4? Your post mentions both don't know if you bought two. laugh You can go alot of places with the stock X, see the pictures of Dan Galusha with his X before the lift. Just make sure you have a buddy with you that can pull you out if you get stuck.

Now, your spelling needs to improve if you don't want to get flamed here for it. Otherwise, welcome and put on your suit because the welcoming committee enjoys noobs. wink

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 08:35 AM

Does anybody speak jive? Where is June Cleaver when you need her?
Posted by: TJ

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:07 AM

The delivery style is a bit odd..but I think he is saying that it is 2wd unless in 4wd...which is kind of obvious to us...but to him, and perhaps awd type experiance/brochures, it seemed a point needing to be made?

That said...

laugh

You can do a hell of a lot stock....

Just take off the step rails and mud flaps, as they get broken off road, and sell them while they are still nice and shiney/unbroken.

Newbies tend to forget, and leave them on, and break them, and then have nothing to sell on e-bay, or to put back on if they need to re-stock it.

Get a set of sliders, as you need to replace the steps with something you can hi-lift from, and to protect the rocker panels. www.shrockworks.com

Just like that, you can go offroading, and have a great time on stock and mild trails.

You can of course swap on more aggressive tires, more armor, etc..and can proportionally increase your capabilities, but frankly, if new to the sport....I'd recommend doing just the above, and having some fun, and seeing what its all about.

I think you will frankly be shocked at what you can do...the '05+'s I've seen on the trails are beasts, and kick ass w/o a lot of help.

Enjoy!

laugh
Posted by: RJ

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by idavid76:
Quote:
[Huh?] ..it is obvious that this guy is a newbie and has not been around the "X's" very long. Better get ready for the bashing buddy.

That's why you gotta go for the classic X. Mine not only can handle potholes and speed bumps, but also climb a curb once in a while too - even bone stock!

Take it easy, the guy was being sarcastic.

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilmo:
I finally got me new car..
Arrrrggggghhh ye landlover. What ye need to be doin', is to paint her black and name her Pearl. Then she be a fine vessel. Arrrhhhhhgggg. When I got me new car, I cut of me arm and replaced it with a hook. Not much good for steerin' or scratchin' of the private parts, but I can pull a tow-line like no other. Oh yeah, and Welcome Aboard! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
"Surely he can't be serious with that post?!"

"Yes, he is, and don't call him Shirley."
Posted by: Steve49589

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
OTFLMAO
[Laughing]
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilmo:
[b]I finally got me new car..
Arrrrggggghhh ye landlover. What ye need to be doin', is to paint her black and name her Pearl. Then she be a fine vessel. Arrrhhhhhgggg. When I got me new car, I cut of me arm and replaced it with a hook. Not much good for steerin' or scratchin' of the private parts, but I can pull a tow-line like no other. Oh yeah, and Welcome Aboard! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!![/b]
[Spit]

Re: 1st Xterra- Wat Can i Do With It - 02/02/06 02:57 PM

Avast! Ye scurvy dog!
How dare ye t' be mocking pirates!
Ye'll be keelhauled fer that now ye will!
mad