Where's all the original club members?

Posted by: DGX Factor

Where's all the original club members? - 03/05/10 08:38 PM

Hey everyone! It's not looking quite as "happening" these days on this forum. Who is still around from the 2000-2002 era?
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 05:29 AM

Originally registered in September, '03, right after I got my '03 in July. Had well over 1,000 posts before the "Great Crash of '09" and had to re-register. That's why I'm now Gonzo-2...

Anyway, we're still here. There's been a few of us old-timers that have left because they sold their truck, but most of us I'd dare say are still here.

-G
Posted by: XOC

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 09:15 AM

I think most of the old timers look more than post now. Most of what you see now are the "newer" generation people.
Posted by: granitex

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 11:48 AM

I can only answer the same question so many times without sounding like a dick, so I just choose not to for the most part.
Posted by: _Craic_

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: granitex
I can only answer the same question so many times without sounding like a dick, so I just choose not to for the most part.

Or maybe you're just a dick in general grin
Posted by: granitex

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: _Craic_
Originally Posted By: granitex

Or maybe you're just a dick in general grin

No I"m a jack ass, not a dick when are you going to get it right.
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 01:20 PM

Boo!
Posted by: level9photograph

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 02:08 PM

Still here with a new screen name could not get warlock account back up after the crash. 02 se/sc has been replaced with and 05.

not posting but still watching.....
Posted by: level9photograph

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 02:12 PM

wonder if airbutchie and Kj_dragon is around might be busy shooting...
Posted by: silverxglider

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 04:56 PM

Still here lurking.

Actually, recently did a search re P0131 and P0151 codes, found an old post by Electroken mentioning a wiring harness TSB, followed his instructions and solved my problem. Still think this is one of the best sites on the net. And Electroken is still a god (although I believe he left a while ago).
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/10 05:14 PM

Don't think I joined XOC until '03... but I'm here!
Posted by: Lopaka

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/05/10 01:04 AM

I'm still here, alive if not kicking. Think I was member 34.

My 2000 xterra was totaled last year, so I bought a 2009 Off Road to replace it. Don't like it as much as my 2000 XE 4x4, and was pissed that I couldn't get it in Solar Yellow, even though the 2009 brochure showed it in Solar Yellow. Don't think the build quality is there, either. Pretty pathetic skid plates and differentials. Lots of sharp edges on all the parts underneath. I settled on Red Brick which I have grown to dislike. Wish I'd gotten silver now. The Xterra craze ain't what it used to be. Enthusiasm for the vehicle has dwindled, in my opinion. There used to be a lot of excitement around here. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten a yellow Rubicon.
Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/05/10 05:35 AM

I joined summer of 2001 and still have my '01 Xterra - still here, just too busy to post a lot.
Changed my screenanme in '02.

Posted by: TJ

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/05/10 05:53 AM

LOL

The usual diaspora.

clubxterra.org has a lot now, probably the most active X forum at present.

And, just like all rig based groups, people move on and try other rigs.

Just like I used to just jeep, and tried an X....and posted less on the jeep forums, etc.

laugh

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/05/10 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: TJ

clubxterra.org

How is that in 7 years of being very active in the community I've never heard of that one? Is is new?
Posted by: Southernx7

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/05/10 07:19 PM

Still kicking here....Still driving my 01 Xterra, although it sits in the garage a lot and is mainly used for the beach, trail rides and offroad trips only. Driving an 07 Frontier as a daily driver. Our offroading community down here is....gone......nothing left and hardly any trails left to ride. Ocala National Forest is basically useless as is Osceola...nearest thing for us in Florida is Uwharrie National Forest up in North Carolina. Fuel prices, vehicles getting older, the economy..etc....most of us have drifted away and it's a shame. Still love driving the X though!!!!
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/10 06:51 AM

I'm still here. Been around since day one. I am member #4. I've never really been active on this board, but have been around.

My truck is still going, Alpine Green 2000 SE 4x4. It just turned 105,000 miles.

-Michael
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/10 07:20 AM

I'm here. I joined in 2000, had an '00 XE then. My second X, an '02 SE, is still going strong at 88K miles.

I used to post a lot at work - not loafing, we have a lot of down time - but for whatever reason I can't sign in properly from there. Every other site I visit works fine so I'm not sure what the issue is. Besides, as XOC mentioned, most of the first gen talk is pretty played out and I'm tired of debating no-win stuff like politics, health care, and immigration so I'm mainly a lurker now. grin
Posted by: goofiefoot

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/10 09:19 AM

Joined in Sept 2000, on my 2nd (2001) Xterra and still around. I'll lurk and search when I need to do maintenance (brakes, codes, etc), but haven't felt the need to post much. I'm on about 155k miles and just poking along, still as my daily driver. I took up hunting with my father, so that took up most of my 4x4 time. I bought a project 1988 Mr2 S/C, so that took up most of my "upgrade" money.

Jason
Posted by: Richard Krenn

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/10 10:14 AM

I still check in every now and again but it's been a few months since I was last on. As Ken said, not much offroading left in Florida. Been here since the start, member #38 and the yahoo boards before that.

Just for fun I check some of the original boards and they are still up, not many post as in the old days
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/nissanxterraclubhouse/
http://voy.com/14174/ looks like Steve Fisk is still running it
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=208"

Richard
Posted by: Olegkha

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/05/10 11:31 AM

Wow, i still remember my password wink
Member #157 Registered On: August, 30 2000

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/05/10 03:49 PM

Holy shit it is Oleg
Posted by: Pikachu

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 01:04 PM

Present and accounted for ---- though did take some time off, from everything, for a few years.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 02:59 PM

Do you still have your big yellow beast?
Posted by: PartsPeddler

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 04:07 PM

PartsPeddler checking in!

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Olegkha
Wow, i still remember my password wink
Member #157 Registered On: August, 30 2000

Holy fucking shit, its OLEG!!!!

Dude! Did you get another truck yet?

laugh

(I guess I'm checking in too....)
Posted by: Stonecoldchavez

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 07:48 PM

Still here. Mostly lurk now. Started back with Ian on the yahoo boards back then. Still have my truck. 136k and still going.

S.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 08:08 PM

No offense Keith, but you are member number 3071, can't really call that one of the original members :)~

-Michael

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/10 08:19 PM

Where is MidnightX?
Posted by: NissanXterraNyc

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/05/10 09:28 PM

Yes, since the great crash, it hasn't been the same.
Posted by: BX02

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/10 12:40 AM

Been here since I got my 2002 in 2002..
Just recently picked up a 2007OR and gave the 02 to the wife..
More often visitng the site www.thenewx.org than here..
Much more activity than here..

I dont know..ever sice the website design changed or crashed then changed...just hasn't been the same..

Was here often for the first 3 or so years..and then some...
Posted by: BX02

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/10 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: NissanXterraNyc

See..! I just said that befOre even reading thAT last post..and look...Indeed so..after the crash it never bounced back to that same style and atmosphere....
Posted by: InfX708

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/10 07:20 AM

I'm still here, but not as active as I used to be - not that I was all that active in posting. Great resource here. Still got the '00 and other than a couple of minor dings here and there, she looks just like she did in Feb '00. Going in for the second 105K service when I get back from Iraq deployment #3 in July. So far, the only things I've had to replace is an alternator and both front ABS sensors, as far as non-routine stuff. When it comes time to replace the front Bilsteins, life is going to suck - the nuts are rusted pretty badly. Will have to destroy the shocks to take them off. Love the truck and told my wife that I'll replace parts before I replace the truck.
Posted by: Strider

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/10 07:52 AM

I'm still around, too, but mostly lurking nowadays. Still drive the 01 X everyday (165k on it now). The atmosphere has changed over the years, like any group, as people come and go. Still remember the day I officially joined the group, as I had been waiting until I placed the order for my X at the dealer so that I was a "real" owner. hehe even though I did have to wait 4 months for it to be delivered.

Stephen
Posted by: XterrAZ

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/10 01:18 PM

I still lurk, make an occasional asshat remark, X is long gone in '04, Titan still in the driveway, but the '09 Heritage is my daily driver.

Originally member # 351... was a little late on the original few.
Posted by: Pikachu

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/05/10 07:52 AM

Yep still have the Big Yellow beast .. jeep is gone and the x is back on the road and the trails

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/05/10 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: NissanXterraNyc

Im going to be doing some things to try to get the fun back here. Being a stay at home dad for the last year has been alot of work but I am starting to get more time again to get things going here.

So we will see smile

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 22/05/10 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: swampwrecker
No offense Keith, but you are member number 3071, can't really call that one of the original members :)~

-Michael

That is because I did not join here right away after Ian left the yahoo boards. I lurked for a long time before joining.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 22/05/10 03:56 PM

(raises hand) Here.

:-)
Posted by: AlohaXterra

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/05/10 09:50 PM

Her and There... finally 100,000 after 10 + years...
still going strong.. ##505
Posted by: Rick_G

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/06/10 04:41 PM

I am King of the lurkers.

At member #11 (I was #10 pre-crash?) and just 75 posts surely I win the title. Please mail me the conch.
Posted by: RReuscher

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/06/10 12:06 AM

Damn,
I thought I was the lowest number (other than XOC) still around.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/06/10 01:46 PM

Actually at #4, I'm the lowest number. Technically Carlton (XOC) didn't join the board until November of 2000. I'm not sure what happened to #1, but Admin is #2, XOC #3 and I'm number 4.

-Michael

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/06/10 04:47 PM

number 1 was the test member so that number does not count wink
Posted by: Smith

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/06/10 07:33 PM

Good to see some of the old folks still check in every now and then.
Posted by: ElectroKen

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/06/10 01:40 PM

Number 138 here. I check in from time to time, even though I sold my 2000 SE about 3 years ago.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/06/10 06:23 AM

We love you ElectroKen
Posted by: Hank

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/06/10 08:50 AM

I sold my '99 Solar Yellow Xterra back in '02 for a Subaru WRX. I still look at all of the Xterras on the road. Thought I'd check in since I haven't in a VERY long time. This was my first forum membership.
Posted by: traceyragsdale

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/06/10 02:26 PM

Man, I miss this place. I just happened to think about you guys today. I sold my Xterra about a year and half ago and bought a Lincoln Navigator, then a 76 Stingray and 71 Buick Skylark to play with. I think I will find myself driving another Xterra one day smile

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/06/10 03:01 PM

And put a great stereo in it smile
Posted by: traceyragsdale

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/06/10 07:47 PM

Of course, that's a given. Everything I have has a great stereo in it. I'm a bass head smile
Posted by: coolerman

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/07/10 06:09 AM

Coolerman dropping in to say hello to all the old folks. I have no idea when I joined here. wink
I still have my red Xterra and drive it everyday though no longer off-road it. 158K on it and no breakdowns. (Well the AC stopped working. Got a leak somewhere)

I now have a 1971 Toyota FJ40- that eats up my time and dollars.

I came back here to read up on front end work. I need to replace the upper and lower ball joints or control arms or whatever the hell you have to do when they wear out... grin
Posted by: Photo Trek

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/07/10 05:47 PM

I'm still here. I think I originally joined in 2002 when I owned a 2000 X. I'm back with my recently purchased '10 Off Road. I guess you could say I'm a returning prodigal child. Please forgive me for my stint with a coupld of Toyotas.
Posted by: oleblue

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/07/10 09:47 PM

I'm here, once in a while. Not like I use to be. only check every few months now. I was not an orignal, but joined in 2002. But who remembers me anyway. Still have the 02 X, matter of fact taking it wheeling tomorrow.
I'm Just the stoopid worthless poster, thread killer laugh
Posted by: Ag_xterra

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 26/07/10 08:38 PM

I'm here still. Sold my 01 Silver Xterra back in 2004 but now have a 00 Yellow X with 80k miles. Built a Suzuki Samurai then decided to buy another Xterra a few years ago.
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 03/08/10 03:56 PM

I'm still here, but rarely come on here anymore.

Still have my 2000. I'm hoping it lasts another year.

Oh... and I'm soon moving from Virginia to Nevada. Scary thought.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/08/10 08:18 AM

Only last another year? Is it not feeling well?

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/08/10 10:54 AM

It's in pretty bad shape as it is. I really don't want to put any more money into it.

I'm guessing to really get it into decent shape, it'd run around $2-3k (when taking labor into account).

The A/C hasn't worked for about 2 years - I'm going to have to bite the bullet on that one because of Vegas.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/08/10 07:14 PM

Yeah, AC is a good thing to have whn its 100º out.

laugh
Posted by: greg2505

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/08/10 12:36 AM

Registered on: July, 02 2002 11:00 AM

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/08/10 09:34 AM

well that sucks.

I discovered that because of my winch bumper, lights and other crap I have on the front of my Xterra that I need to get an electric fan as the stock fan just does not cut it when towing a big ass trailer.

But no AC... that would suck.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/08/10 04:24 PM

I took it to the dealership today to have them look at it. They are telling me it's the high-pressure hose. $410 to replace.

But they also confirmed my guess of 2500-3000 at fixing everything. Even though I told them only to check the A/C, they went ahead and said I need:

Spark Plugs $250 (I replaced them about 60,000 miles ago, so I don't buy that at all)

Fan belts - $220. That may be needed.

Heatshields rattlings - $110 to remove. (I'll deal with the rattling)

Front brake work - $810. That includes repacking the bearings. Um... no thanks. I can replace the pads myself and pack the bearings myself.

Power Steering - $240. I know this will need to be fixed eventually, but I can deal with it for now.

Valve cover gaskets - $550. (I will have to deal with that for now)

They also asked me when the last time the diff/transfer case/transmission fluids were changed and when the timing belt was changed. Did those already, thank you.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/08/10 08:16 PM

What are they wanting to fix with the power steering?

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/08/10 05:38 AM

I believe it's got a small leak. Plus the pump is probably going bad. When it's really cold out, it gives that hum when turning the wheel all the way.
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/08/10 07:58 AM

I check in during fantasy football or baseball season as we have a core group that's stayed together via emails for over 8 years now. Sold my X back in 2005, bought a Z...sold that Z and bought a HR 2008 and have fully modded it with bolt ons NA, thinking about going FI. Also have a 2007 jacked up Jeep that just came back from a trip to Colorado and the trails. I have a low and a tall!

BTW- MidnightX is engaged but as far as I know still has her 2000 X. She doesn't post on boards much, if at all anymore but we still occasionally keep in touch. laugh
Posted by: koalakilla

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 29/08/10 10:26 PM

I dont think I have been here in years but I still have the truck, just never get to wheel anymore frown
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/09/10 07:48 PM

I haven't been on here in forever. I still have the Xterra but I bought motorcycle last year which has been occupying most of my time. Actually, the reason I checked back in is because my SES light came on today and I was researching the codes.
Posted by: OnlyOneDR

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/09/10 10:46 PM

I only lurk here once in a LOOOOOONG while. But I am still here.
Posted by: Chris Mc

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/09/10 09:50 AM

#1209 checking in (was "Caver-X"), registered 11/16/2000. Alpine Green Xterra is long gone, RIP. When I traded it in for a Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, the dealer swore that it had been rolled and had flood damage (neither was true). Since the Ram, I've also had a Yellow TJ Rubicon and am now rolling in a KJ Liberty CRD (my fave so far, biodiesel + 30mpg FTW!!1).

Folks I met here and through HXOC are still some of my best friends, although we don't get to hang out nearly as much as we used to due to life's various interferences. I have fond, fond memories of time spent in Ouray, and the San Juans are still my #1 vacation destination. I stop by here to take a glance around every few months or so but it just hasn't at all been the same place since Calmini screwed the pooch and trashed the site. They can suck it as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by: DocNo

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/10/10 10:17 AM

Not a fan of the new board software, too much other crap going on to hang out - and I never did get into taking the X offloading much frown

Still an awesome resource, though. Lots of knowledge locked up in some of the older threads. And even more seriously funny shit smile

Good to see ElectroKen and Coolerman - I enjoy both of your kits every time I drive my X!

Originally Posted By: Mobycat
Oh... and I'm soon moving from Virginia to Nevada. Scary thought.

Really? Southern or Northern? I moved from Nevada to Virginia. While I like the mid-Atlantic, I do want to move back out west someday. Congratulations! I'm jealous!
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/10/10 07:48 PM

Good evening everyone! Just stopped by to see what's going on over here. I haven't been on here in almost a year I think! Still got the X, going on 170k miles, still running strong! I love not having a car payment. smile Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!!!
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/10/10 11:06 PM

I'm still around, memeber 1009 from July of 2001. Still have the 2000 Xterra 3-pack. It's got a whopping 88,000 miles on it after more than 10 years. I don't spend much time on the site anymore since the crash. And time and priorities have changed now too. Really hate that the site changed like it did, but glad to see the site still rolling on though.
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/10/10 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: DGX Factor
Hey everyone! It's not looking quite as "happening" these days on this forum. Who is still around from the 2000-2002 era?

Im here, lurking every once in a while. But not much going on in here. I still have my truck. 149,000 miles strong. Still in the XOC keeper fantasy hockey league after all these years as well.
Posted by: User #66

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/10/10 08:17 PM

I had retired mine two years ago from daily driver duties but brought it back out of retirement because I was tired of car payments. Of course two weeks later my radiator clogs and I blow my head cover gasket. Instead of monthly car payments I made a years worth at once. Still couldn't justify getting rid of it.
Posted by: ironcity_x

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/10/10 09:46 AM

Just lurking.....
'01 SE - 98,000 MILES
Member #: 1678
Registered on: July, 11 2001 11:00 AM
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/11/10 01:41 PM

Meh, I poke my head in here now and then, only to see it's still the same clusterfuck it became ages ago. Same tired questions being asked, and in all the wrong places. That, and the influx of second-gen owners makes my knowledge base half as useful here anyway.

Member #73 since 8/17/2000. Still 'wheel the Xterra 2-3 times a year, and use it to haul stuff, but otherwise it doesn't get much time on the road. Driving it right now because the GF had a minor wreck earlier this week and she's driving my Honda while her car is in the shop.

I wonder if I still have the highest post count?

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/11/10 09:58 AM

Im sure you do Brent. smile

No one could post like you could. Plus you did have a lot of good info.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/11/10 08:39 AM

I'm member #1029. I was much lower but I lost my login info and just created another account. Been here since early 2000.
Posted by: lemsip

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 29/12/10 07:48 PM

First login in years. The Mrs has a 2005, but Ive had several jeeps since getting rid of the X.
Posted by: Jahadaz

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 29/12/10 08:30 PM

I'd like to know what happened to my sticker I ordered/paid for? It was right around the same time as the large crash but I'm still curious as to what happened to that? If I can prove I paid for one can I get one now?
Posted by: aquamander

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/12/10 03:06 AM

Hi everyone.

I still lurk from time to time. Had not really posted until I started having electrical problems.

My 00 X is still running fine (save the electrical problem..)and I just turned 90k!

I still tune Honda... built up a 98 coupe, sold it to a friend who totaled it about a month later. Bought me an old 93 DX hatchback and love it. Not much to look at, but I just put a nicely built b20 engine in it. Zips around pretty good. Probably nothing compared to anything XOC drives around I'm sure.

That's my daily driver.

Offroading in Georgia has become more and more scarce. I have a friend who lets me wheel on his property up in the Tennessee hills.Of course, there is still windrock too.
The USFS has closed just about everything in Ga. and finally closed Tellico last year.
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/12/10 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: OffroadX
Meh, I poke my head in here now and then, only to see it's still the same clusterfuck it became ages ago. Same tired questions being asked, and in all the wrong places. That, and the influx of second-gen owners makes my knowledge base half as useful here anyway.

Member #73 since 8/17/2000.

I wonder if I still have the highest post count?

But where would the board be today without Brent? And Carlton? Geez. Don't sell yourself short!

cool

-G
Original member #7421/1,200+ posts (IIRC)
Post crash, #5732/~250 posts (so far...)

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 31/12/10 10:26 AM

pm me your address and I will get some to you.
Posted by: Ramness

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/01/11 04:43 AM

Member #283 Registered 9-29-2000

Been lurking here and there the last few years.

Traded my 2003 Xterra with 104,000 miles and my Altima SE-R with 93,000 in last week for a my 3rd Xterra a 2011 Pro4X (new name for Offroad model).
Posted by: TerminatorX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/01/11 05:13 PM

Gave my 02 to my sister a couple of years ago. Just bought a Canteen Green 03 with 73k miles on it. Get demolished in the XOC baseball keeper league every year.
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/01/11 10:51 AM

Anyone can bring the noise... but it takes a certain special someone to bring the FUNK!

kjw &
the PNUTMNM
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/01/11 02:59 PM

LOL, I lurk from time to time...

Strange that I wa son here more when I sold the X for a Jeep... then disappear entirely when I get a Frontier...

Had my 2006 Frontier since May of 2006.

Still living in So Cal. Still an Anaheim Ducks fan... Same as it ever was wink

I was Member number... somehting low... 12, 20, something... but that was wiped out in one upgrade or another back when Ian still had the board....

Signed up on Day 1 when this forum was announced on the Yahoo group that started it all.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/02/11 12:06 PM

Seriously?

No "hey, we missed you"...
No "wow, glad you stopped by"...
No "wow, I figured you were dead"...

LOL

This place really is dead.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/02/11 03:49 PM

:P
Posted by: Schludwiller

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/02/11 07:00 PM

Heh. Fired up an old laptop and had this bookmark on my bar so I checked in. Amazing I remembered my password.

11+ years and the Xterra is still running, but needs some work to get offroad this year.

Not the same without Ian Firth giving me sh*t. Carlton, had a great time wheeling with you in Moab, even though those MRI's gave us all the farts. Your starlight photo at the "Airport" is still one of my favorites.

All the best.

Schludwiller.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/02/11 10:53 AM

OMG.. Schlud your alive?!
Posted by: AndThenScottSays...

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/02/11 08:17 PM

Wow I can't believe I remembered my password... or that my account worked... what is the "Great Crash of 2009?"

I registered here back in 2002 when I bought my Xterra. Traded it in for a Grand Prix (wanted better gas mileage) when I hit 100,000 miles in 2007 and now I'm driving a GMC Acadia. I haven't really been on the board since then. Of every vehicle I have had I miss my Xterra the most but the Xterra is just not large enough for me anymore.

I happened by here just to see what's been going on lately... I see a lot of names I remember.

I didn't post much so not surprised if no one remembers me laugh
Posted by: therob

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 26/04/11 09:01 PM

My relationship with my Xterra began in early 2002 when I purchased my 2000 XE used. Since then I've amassed over 140k miles, been places I never imagined, seen the unspeakable beauty of the American Southwest and Rocky Mountains and met some of the most wonderfully helpful people (also enjoyed good brews and hearty laughs with a few).

I took a moment to savor the memories just last week when I finally tossed out my original XOC t-shirt that was badly stained and torn, the faint smear of Ouray mud still visible on the shoulder.

The days of my relationship with my xterra are numbered though. My new professional job requires me to drive a lot and the X just isn't practical. I would love to keep the X and take it out on the weekends but lets face it; since I got married and had kids, I can count on one (maybe two) hands how many times the Xterra has seen anything more than a dirt road. I need the trade in value for a new vehicle anyway, no matter how small (I probably can't convince a dealership that having Shrock sliders, and full skids is an upgrade).

My wife calls my Xterra the "Banana Taxi" and refuses to ride in it anymore. So the search has begun for a new "responsible" vehicle. My heart will always belong to my X though. Believe me. At least I won't have to explain to every other knucklehead what a snorkel actually does anymore.

I check in here from time to time but I have to confess; my trolling here has been mostly selfish. I come here when I need something and very rarely come to share what little wisdom I've collected over the past eight or nine years. For that, I'm sorry. I should be a better member.

Anyway, I'm still here. I don't think I've contributed much worth mentioning but I've undoubtedly learned a great deal from all of you "old timers".
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/05/11 09:24 PM

Can't remember the last time I logged in.... Remember "areuin" from pre-XOC days, on Yahoo? LOL. I'm old now.
Posted by: RedX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 28/05/11 08:46 PM

Awesome to see some of the old members stopping in. Good to see so many of the names.

I don't visit much anymore, but I still have my 2000 Red X. Still going pretty strong, when it gets driven. About 160,000 miles on it now.

cool

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/06/11 11:36 AM

So an average post of one a month in this thread?

10 months now in Nevada and all I can say is... it sucks. To say it's a desert is fitting is so many ways.

The xterra is surviving. Finally put new tires on it. Passed 150,000 miles since being here in the west.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/06/11 12:11 PM

So...Moby....more than likely, you won't make it to ECXC this year? LOL.
Posted by: Cygnus-X1

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/06/11 03:23 PM

Still here, but rarely come on here except to look for parts or solve mechanical problems. Still got my 01 X and wheel it once in a while. Not like the old days tho....
Posted by: pjbaz

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/06/11 03:48 PM

I stop by from time to time...usually when I have an issue and I need an answer.
Posted by: Crabby

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 03/07/11 10:08 PM

Joined in Dec 2000. Just traded my silver ice for a 2011 Midnight Armor S yesterday. Had 186k on my ol' 2000X. I still read up when needed. XOC saved me a ton of dough and time on a few occasions. Had a fuel sending unit go at a most inopportune time, searched xoc, drove wifes car to get a new unit and back to the X and slapped it in in 15 minutes or so. Part cost around $50. Dealer wanted a few hundred $$$ to do the job plus a tow.
So I owe a few beers there.
Made the timing belt change go smoothly too = a few more beers.
Stereo upgrade, dido.
Other recommendations instead of trial and error at least another beer.
Also had a great time with a bunch of east coast XOCers back in 2001 on the Outer Banks. Can't recall any names but I do remember we all had a blast.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/07/11 07:54 AM

There may be newer X boards.. but none have the info that you can find here. smile
Posted by: dolphinpanzer

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/07/11 09:48 PM

Still here lurking...

2010 X.

sold the 01 got a Titan back to X
Posted by: roofgoat

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/07/11 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: XOC
There may be newer X boards.. but none have the info that you can find here. smile

I agree. I joined late 2002 and enjoyed a wealth of info. I lived in Chicago and was always jonesing to offroad. Now I moved to Smalltown MO and own 30 acres and offroad here and around as much as I want.

I stopped posting years ago but would still read up on issues the truck had and found great info using search.

Today I have a question so I'm going to post and see what info I get back.

Is Ian still the owner?

edit, I guess I joined late 2001. Age, beer - it will fog your memory sometimes.
Posted by: Guido

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/07/11 02:01 PM

For some reason decided to log on and take a look, haven't been on the site for over a year at least. X was totalled in 2005, got an Avalanche, sold that recently and now drive a 08 Honda Civic Hybrid. Still miss the X something fierce though.
Posted by: Cliff

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/07/11 02:58 PM

Some of us are still active. I check the forums accasionally to see whats new.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/07/11 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: roofgoat

I agree. I joined late 2002 and enjoyed a wealth of info. I lived in Chicago and was always jonesing to offroad. Now I moved to Smalltown MO and own 30 acres and offroad here and around as much as I want.

I stopped posting years ago but would still read up on issues the truck had and found great info using search.

Today I have a question so I'm going to post and see what info I get back.

Is Ian still the owner?

edit, I guess I joined late 2001. Age, beer - it will fog your memory sometimes.

Ian still comes in from time to time just to see what we have done with the curtains.. but he is busy doing other things these days.
Posted by: XterrAZ

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/07/11 06:24 PM

Ian still comes in from time to time just to see what we have done with the curtains.. but he is busy doing other things these days.

I heard he's been hanging out with Xena and doesn't get out much smirk
Posted by: XHomebrewer

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 31/07/11 04:06 AM

I joined in 2000 under a different name. Sold my X in '04 when gas hit 1.50/gallon and have been driving diesels ever since
04 VW Jetta TDI 47mp
06 VW Jetta TDI 44mpg
05 Liberty CRD 30-32 mpg with GDE eco-tune
07 Grand Cherokee CRD 26mpg with immotion tune, our tow rig for our 26 foot camper

BTW, still pissed that Carlton sold me a broken OEM stereo he advertised as being in excellent condition in 2001 and never made good on it....if I ever run across the arsehole, I will key his car. I never forget.

Yes, I know he took over from Ian a while ago and assume he is still the moderator here.
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 03/08/11 04:14 PM

Member 1612 here. Joined in June or July of 2001 I think... I check this site every couple weeks to see if there is any flame wars going on.
Posted by: RJ

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/08/11 03:51 PM

Don't recognize many people here any more. I'm not one of the origionals, but was fairly active back when I joined in 03. I've been here long enough to remember guys beta testing the first SAS setups.

Haven't logged on since 06, when I totaled my X, driving like an idiot (offroad).

Sad to see the Xterra not being as popular as it once were. I guess the whole green movement, and high gas prices in the last couple years did it.
Posted by: Buckshot

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 02/09/11 10:25 PM

Joined Oct. 3, 2002 during my College days. Now I got a mortgage, wife, and two kids. The '01 SE 4x4 just passed 108,000 last week and its still in fantastic shape thanks to the seat covers that protect against the frequently dropped sippy cup. Now, if I can just get the faded gray plastic grille & trim pieces back to black...

Cheers
Posted by: biggee72

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/09/11 03:23 PM

Not original but very active back in 2005-2008ish under a different user name. Truck got too expensive to own. Should've kept it..didn't.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/09/11 08:16 PM

I'm still around here now and then. Joined almost 11 years ago. My '00 has 215K on the clock. Been through two timing belt/water pump replacements. Other than rebuilding the steering box, I haven't had to do much more than routine maintenance. Love the X and intend to keep it running as long as I can.
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/09/11 05:11 PM

Man, it's been almost a year since I last logged in here and posted (which was actually to this thread). Anyways, I still have my Xterra which has about 190k miles on the odometer. I've had a few issues over the years with the radiator, fuel injectors and the AC, but overall the truck has been solid.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/09/11 08:46 PM

What problems did you have with your radiator?
Posted by: Hawk

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/09/11 09:49 PM

Not sure what is meant by "original", per say, but I joined back in 03 when I bought my 2000 X. Used to be VERY active on the board, but once the original board crashed, I pretty much only lurk. Have too much going on with life to spend all my free time on message boards....though, I do miss the forum trolling days.

Still have my X. Just put a new set of BFG A/T's on it. 143k miles and still going strong!!
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/09/11 02:04 PM

Boo! I stopped visiting regularly a few years ago... been busy ,working and traveling and picked up a few other hobbies along the way. =P

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/09/11 10:02 PM

My 2000 Alpine green has just over 156,000 miles. I'll probably be looking for a new vehicle in about 3 months. Not sure if I'll keep the X or not.
Posted by: xterramike

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 02/11/11 06:47 PM

I think I am an original member. Just recently traded in my 2000 Xterra for a 2011 Xterra. I will be around for a while...
Posted by: Strider

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/11/11 07:28 AM

Like many of the early members, I mostly lurk nowadays, checking in from time to time to see how things are and/or look up something via the search function. Joined in November 2000 on the day I placed the order for my "Just Blue" '01 XE 4x4 with a manual transmission. I didn't think it was proper to join before I had become an official Xterra owner. 174,000 trouble-free miles later she is still going strong. She has outlasted 2 marriages, 1 year in storage while I was in Iraq, and many, many trips to the mountains to camp, hunt, fish and bike.

The goal since the day I picked it up was to hit 200k. While still attainable, I am slowly entering the market for a new vehicle. The new Xterra's are, IMHO, downright ugly and not as functional as my '01. So I won't be buying a new Xterra. Currently leaning towards the Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen with the TDI and manual transmission. But, we shall see. I still need to get 25k more miles out of the Xterra first!

Stephen
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/12/11 02:23 PM

Haven't visited lately but I'm still an Xterra owner--my third one. Nice to see some old names pop out every now and then.
Posted by: BOHICA4

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/01/12 10:50 AM

I am an oldster ( atatboy) could not use any longer. Still have my 01 X and i was in the Shift com.
Posted by: xterra2k

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/04/12 10:55 AM

It's been awhile but still look in. I once had this site at the top of my works internet usage meter.
The 2000X is still going strong, with no real complaints. Just don't drive it as much with the DD.

I've attended a lot of classes to get my X addiction under control. Member #33.
Posted by: RReuscher

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/04/12 09:36 PM

Well, after almost 13 years and 234K miles, my X is gone as of last Thursday. Enjoyed it while I had it, but it was time to move on, it was starting to require more than normal preventive maintenance.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/04/12 11:16 PM

Same thing with mine. Just wasn't worth it anymore. Now I'm driving a Mazda3. Would have loved a Mazdaspeed, but one of the reasons for getting the Mazda was the mpg. The speed isn't a whole lot greater than the Xterra - at least not how I would have driven it. And it would have just been an invitation to speeding tickets.
Posted by: BigTom

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/04/12 02:08 PM

I've almost always been a lurker. Joined in Nov '00 after I bought my '01 Xterra in October of '00. Still have it, 111k miles. I try to drive it every few weeks or so. I had to park it as my daily driver 2 years ago due to my workplace moving 35 miles away. Bought a new Altima at that time. Thrilled with both purchases to this day.
Posted by: Desert Rat

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/04/12 09:27 AM

Been quite a while since I visited over here. I've been banned, reregistered, then booted again when the board crashed.....

I sold my Xterra back in 2010...it was SASed, crawler geared, locked, armored....and sitting in the garage.

I still have the 98 Frontier - nearly 14 years with this truck now. It's scary looking these days but still getting it done on the trails. Our Nissan4wheelers.com site is still alive and kicking, and we just held AZ Run XII last month.

This is a cool thread. Lots of old screen names in here.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/04/12 08:27 PM

2001-2006....man those were some crazy years on these boards!

Felt like we knew everyone....

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/04/12 08:23 PM

I am an orginal X'er. 2000SE model. Joined when Ian had it on the old yahoo message board. Haven't been here regularly in awhile. I still have it. 163k miles. Other than routine maintenance it is still running well. Gas mileage still 14-15 mpg. smile My problem is the body is starting to rust in places (the rocker panels). Will cost more than the truck is worth to fix, so I am told. frown Replaced radiator & clutch fan (2011), gas tank (rusted due to mud accumulation) in 2009, timing belt, etc. I will agree, stick with the routine maintenance and tire rotation and the truck will run forever.

Stone
Posted by: xterrapin

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 26/04/12 09:28 AM

Wow! You guys are still going strong; impressive.
Congrats.
Posted by: *paul

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/05/12 10:13 PM

Member # 27 here. I sold my '00 X in 2004 and moved overseas. They aren't exported to downunder so I first bought a diesel Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD then just recently a Nissan X-Trail 4WD. The X-Trail is certainly a lot less rugged than the Xterra, being a FWD-based unibody design, but it's a well-designed, refined ride non-the-less with more interior space and far better fuel economy from a four with almost as much power as the old six. We all have to move on eventually but I look into XOC every few years to see what's new.
Posted by: MichaelShaw

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 09/05/12 07:48 PM

I mostly lurked then, and I mostly lurk now...but I'm still here.
Posted by: Gator Saver

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/05/12 11:42 PM

DAMN, It was like looking back in the old Yearbook.. the OLD one. AlohaX, Pikachu, Oleg, XOC, Electroken, MobyCat, Aquamander, Richard Krenn, SouthernX7.... Sniff.. sniff.. PapaX passed away about a year ago.

I'm still working on the Ambulance. We ran a crash the other shift. Minor finder-binder. One of the cars in the crash was an Xterra. I busted out laughing and my Paramedic looked at me like WTF.. I told her about the story on XOC that every time an Xterra Club member got into a crash they would post photos, THEN we would swoop in like vultures and circle the post for days waiting to get any part we could.. it was like organ donation. Siderail to South Carolina, Roof Rack rail to NY, Headlight to AZ, Rear bumper to CA, If we would have had smart phone back then the truck would have been parted out before the insurance people got to the scene. Only thing left would have been the POS gas sucking motor sitting in the middle of the road.

Still have my 2000 SE 93,500 miles on it. Bought it with 36. Paid it off about 6 years ago. We use The boss ladies Toyota Highlander Hybrid for any trip we can. Gets 24mpg fully loaded. As my stickers fade I shed a tear and take the razor to it knowing that THIS time it will not be replaced. Believe it or not I still had the SEXclub sticker on it. (South Eastern X Club)until last week. Wipers stopped working last week (the motor works fine something is jacked up on the arms) and I have to call and set up a time to get a new paint job. She is looking rough. Roof was painted in 08. I spend about $1,000 a year to keep it going, It is slowly going up.

We we bought the X, I told her that we would "drive it all the way down to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, in Argentina. The gateway to Antarctica" Took us 11 years save enough money to go on vacation to Antarctica. Sadly we could not take the X.

We have $5,000 left on her Hybrid and then the X will hit the road. I will take her Hybrid and she is going to get the Red Jeep that she has wanted for the last 17 years. Until then OLD but still kicking...
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/05/12 09:24 AM

PNUTMNM is in the house. '01SE, "SHORTBUS" still going strong; although it's for sale!

I bought a brand spanking new Frontier with the Crew Cab, short box, and Pro4X package just yesterday....

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/05/12 07:59 PM

Mine is still my daily driver. Needing a new radiator and ball joints. Gaskets are needing replacing as i get that lovely burnt oil smell when i turn on "fresh air". 11 years into it....still love driving it.
Posted by: Mac Botdorf

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/05/12 03:16 AM

It's in pretty bad shape as it is. I really don't want to put any more money into it.

I'm guessing to really get it into decent shape, it'd run around $2-3k (when taking labor into account).
Posted by: MidnightX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/05/12 02:15 PM

Hi everyone! I was just getting some work done and thought to myself, "I wonder if the XOC is still going strong?", so I thought I'd check -- and here you are! Awesome!

Since I stopped posting on these boards a couple years ago, I've gotten married (I now have a 9-year old stepson) and started my own creative services business on TOP of my full-time job. So I've been super busy.

I regret to inform that I no longer own my Xterra, Midnight. She had over 182k miles and was in the shop more frequently than I wanted. I spent so much money fixing her last year that I felt I was spending more than she was worth and decided to finally buy something new. So I went a COMPLETELY different route and in February I bought a 2012 Dodge Challenger. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that dang car!

Anyway, good to see a lot of familiar names on here. I probably won't visit back often but just wanted to check in and say hello!

Have a super day, peeps! I definitely miss the old XOC days! frown

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/05/12 02:30 PM

Holy crap it is Midnight!!
Posted by: Nighthawk

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 09/07/12 11:59 AM

Nighthawk here I think I was going by the user name Nighthawk36 back before the site was hacked.

Well I am back on now and have upgraded my rig to a Pro-X '12 in night armor.

Since joining and the site going down I had a third kid and all three of mine enjoy going off road.

As of this afternoon I will be trading in my '04 X and can't wait to write a new chapter of adventures in my new Lease.

(decided to lease since I do not go all out in off-roading - Pine barren tails runs are fine for me)

Posted by: babyX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/07/12 11:55 AM

Aw, so good to see so many familiar screen names! I sometimes miss the ol' days of arguing about everything for no good reason. Just doesn't feel like there's time for that anymore.

I still have my original 2001 X, and it's still my go-to workhorse. We also have a 2010 Challenger, but given the option, I'd still choose the X most of the time. Poor thing lost it's ABS a year ago and is having joint problems, but overall it's running like a champ for being 11 years old. To the point that I'm selling it to Graham when I get a bigger SUV in a few months.

It's one bad-ass truck, and I'm proud to say I drove it for awhile. laugh
Posted by: YellowFireX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/07/12 03:02 PM

Im here. Back then I had a 00 Solar Yellow Xterra with hidden strobe lights all over it, and a few mods to make me faster.

Now we have a 2011 S 4x4 in silver. Love the power of the newer motor. Wish i had that in my 2000.

Met many of you all at the Plant tour in 2001 I think.
Holla

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/11/12 04:45 PM

Wow - lots of old familiar names. My X is still chugging on. At almost 80K miles I suppose it's time to start thinking about doing the timing belt since I have no plans to get rid of it.

Last year I managed to score a transmission change for $150 from the dealer- and yes, they used the right GL5 oil - I know my mechanic at the dealer wink

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/11/12 07:20 PM

Valve Cover Gaskets (passenger side was leaking a lot of oil and burning on the exhaust) and new radiator...keeping this truck forever. $898 was the bill.
Posted by: Xearth

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/11/12 09:12 AM

Hey guys .. I'm back after a good long hiatus.. Still driving my 2000 se.. Been a great ride for many years.. Not really anything wrong with it about 130k. Done general maintenance. Here's the deal. I'm looking at the new ProX 4's.. Want one built in Smyrna so it's time to buy it now... What kind of feedback can I get on this one. Things to look out for?. What a good price would be. There's not many options on a pro, but what tricks does any one know. Any stories on Nashville area dealers, etc. appreciate any feedback?

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/07/13 08:15 PM

Well I'll update my status: Still have the X. It has 191,239 miles on it. Had the valve cover gaskets and the oil pressure sending unit replaced last year, the drivers side lower control arm and torsion bar replaced the year before along with the high pressure AC line and early this year the distributor went out on a trip to Columbus, OH. Other than that she is doing fine.

I too am shopping for a Pro4X but have been reading they now use the R180 from the 4 cylinder as the front diff instead of the R200A in the old X and folks are having failures left and right? Also that the rear diff is now a M226 instead of the bullet proof H233B in the Gen I Xterra. In 2008 Nissan added a second set of spider gears to the rear diff to improve it's strength so it should be OK now. I'm eyeing a 2011 PRO4X with 44k on it. I will probably keep the 2000 X for another year or so...
Posted by: defibvt

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 09/07/13 03:00 AM

I had an '05 and took out the front diff, t-case, and the rear diff on one obstacle. After that I traded it. I am now back in a Super Black (yes I know I live in AZ) 2002 4x4. Before the '05 I had an '00 Solar Yellow. I miss that truck.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/07/13 09:48 AM

I Lurk... when bored...

History?

Nissan Xterra
Jeep Cherokee
Ford Focus
Nissan Frontier
Honda Civic Coupe
Honda Pilot

My wife and I both miss the Xterra... She's came close to getting another a few times... but everytime I need a new car, it just doesn't suit what I'm looking for.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/07/13 03:40 PM

I was here in 05/06 for the most part. Sold x a while ago and still miss it. Re registered under different name when site crashed.
Posted by: mav63

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/10/13 12:19 PM

Still have my '02 X SC SE...but she is getting a bit worn out after moving to DC! The roads suck! 156,000 miles on her! The plan is to replace her in the spring but don't tell her that, she is very moody! :-)

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/02/14 11:07 PM

Still here....many good times on this old board before FB consumed the social networks. We all came here to chat and plan trips...really miss those days.

Truck is still running great. Had to replace entire braking system. $1,760 and added new BFG mud terrain km2's again. Love my 2001 Xterra that I bought with less than 10 miles on it.
Posted by: ocala X

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/02/14 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Southernx7
Still here....many good times on this old board before FB consumed the social networks. We all came here to chat and plan trips...really miss those days.

Truck is still running great. Had to replace entire braking system. $1,760 and added new BFG mud terrain km2's again. Love my 2001 Xterra that I bought with less than 10 miles on it.

We need to get a run going Ken...even if it's just down to the hardrock, camping, caching, whatever. In a couple of months we'll be complaining about it being too hot.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 01/03/14 10:30 PM

Just thought I would check in. I've moved from Florida to Seattle a few years ago. Still have the 2000 X and maybe see a few on you at GONE.

Richard
Posted by: JustaATXGirl

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/03/14 12:17 PM

Original member checking in (#358). I went by my then married name traceyragsdale.

I am still in Austin and just bought a new Xterra two weeks ago after trading in my Navigator.
Posted by: silverxglider

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 26/03/14 06:10 PM

Greetings all. I sold my '00 X two years ago when it started costing $$$ with 165,000 miles - new starter, ignition switch, exhaust and making a baaaad clutch noise. The guy who bought it was able to work on it himself. I still see it. It looks well and is going strong. I'm now in a Subaru Forester, getting 30 mpg.

Glad to see this place is still alive and well.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/04/14 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: JustaATXGirl
Original member checking in (#358). I went by my then married name traceyragsdale.

I am still in Austin and just bought a new Xterra two weeks ago after trading in my Navigator.

Hey Tracey! I'm still around (Glen - '00 denim blue X) - I actually live in Austin now.

I still see Roger from time to time.
Posted by: socalpunx

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 18/04/14 10:45 AM

So there's this. I'm not sure I'm on of the OG's but I guess I'd be pretty close. Some great days were wasted here. So much so, I got to mod the wild west for a while. Fun Times.

I would like to think that I built what was really the first "Pre-Runner" X. My Minivan. The thing was a beast. Damn I spent some crazy money wtih that. And I only wish I had it back. It went on to Idaho where the cage was finished, raced locally and is still a survivor... unfortunately with a "Pre-Runner Girl" sticker on the bulge.

The X changed my life. Now, I don't mean the effect of the vehicle made an impact on who I am as a person, but purchasing the X, the relationships and friendships I made as a result and the passion for offroading that owning the vehicle stirred within me, literally changed my life.

I have been heavily involved in the world of motorsports and offroad racing ever since. I have had the fortune to be connected to some of the most incredible drivers, race teams and sponsors in the racing industry for the last 10 years... all because of the fire that was reignighted by purchasing a 2WD "Minivan."

Thanks Guys.
Posted by: Hawk

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/04/14 07:43 AM

I'm here and there. Not sure when I originally registered, but it was back in '03. Was active until the original site crashed, then kinda fell off.

Been lurking again recently....Still have my '00 X. Haven't been off road with it since I rolled it back in 2007 after hitting black ice.

In the process of basically rebuilding the front end and doing some general maintenance on it this spring. Heading out this morning to do bearings, hubs and brakes.....
Posted by: Conundrum

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/04/14 01:25 AM

I actually just ran across my original email that had my user name and password from 2009 and saw your Post and figured what the heck and replied. (ETA - I actually found an older email from 2007 so I really can't say how far back I go for sure wink

I was on XOC almost daily till the site went down. I was with the AZXC at the time and we had our annual Fat Tire/Toys 4 Tots event coming up so I scrambled to create my own forum to use to continue our planning, etc. I just never felt like coming back to XOC when all my posts were all labeled anon and I had no way of controlling the content of the AZXC section for the Club.

I ran the club for years and held it together the best I could and managed the Website/Forum and Advertising Revenue from them. I had an offer for help, which was long overdue and I gave him admin access. Then he was one of the few that showed up for an Election Meeting and ran for/won Presidency.

Immediately after, I was reduced to normal access and striped of my Admin rights without even a mention of why, etc.

I let about a year go by until the Dues were due for the next calendar year, when I got a nasty reply when I paid them. I was basically told that I would be railroaded out, therefore I asked if he was going to refund my Dues then I wanted to be deleted from the AZXC Forum. I don't think they realized that when I was deleted, it was going to delete almost the entire forum. LOL

Now they changed their name to something that includes other Nissan Makes, etc. Good for them, but not for Toys for Tots of which they boycotted last year because New Belgium supported some environmental issue that impacted 4x4ing or land use. I really don't know exactly. We managed without them and had a great time with the Dirty Girls anyways! Not sure what's going on for this year (first weekend of Aug), if they are even invited to begin with. I'm sure Stone wouldn't judge the good people of AZXC and they'd have no issues, just mostly the leadership maybe, that's for them to figure out.

I'm on my 3rd Xterra. I just scored a bunch of Calmini parts that have been sitting since 2003. All new in the box (Exhaust system, Rear Diff Cover, Gas Tank Skid, Torsion bars and Add-a-Leafs) from an auction!

I've been collecting parts for years and had hoped to be done enough and have the money saved up to do the Swanky AZRun this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Last year was a blast!

So major additions coming, however not many would know and I may rarely check back to see if there was ever a reply to any forum now. Just more to life than being right and getting the last word. I burned out on the opinions and bravado.

I do miss the outings and Club activities, especially the chili cook-offs that I almost always won! I met a lot of great people and hate the fact it was just a small few that make life difficult for everyone. Karma's a bi%ch and bites hard.

Take care all and Hey Carlton if you're still around! I don't know who runs XOC anymore, but glad to see it is still here.

Regards,
Adam
Posted by: blue

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 27/04/14 12:25 PM

I tend to lurk once in a while. We still have my 01, has about 120,000 miles on it now and is only driven in the winter or when hubby's truck is down. I am still a Nissan person. Bought a Versa for a summer car in 2010, then traded it last week for a 2014 Juke. Pretty nice little AWD SUV. I do miss the trips we used to take with the clubs, but we stepped away from that due to family issues. Our last trip was to Vegas last year for our 10 yr anniversary, had our vows renewed by Elvis. smile

Glad to see my account is still intact after all this time smile
Posted by: defibvt

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 27/04/14 07:04 PM

Blue!!!Long time no see. Glad to see some of us are still here. Conundrum and are friends here AZ which is where I now reside. Got married and between the two of us we have 5 kids.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 28/04/14 02:51 PM

Yup. Still here.

Keep it going for for the wonderful memories.
It is not nearly as busy as it used to be but good to still have it around.

Carlton

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/14 08:08 AM

I pop in when I remember.

laugh
Posted by: Gator Saver

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/05/14 06:39 PM

I'm sad to announce that I traded in the Xterra last week. We got 102085 miles out of her. This last year she never did any better then 11 mpg. Paint was falling off all over. Only had to buy one set of tires back in Feb of 2005 (56800 on stock tires with a 5 tire rotation). The boys are very happy now that daddy has a new truck. Gator Saver Member #112
Posted by: Hrd2Imagin

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/06/14 08:37 AM

I registered in '02 and was pretty active for a couple years. Nowadays I only come back if I need help fixing the old X.

X has 130k on it, starting to get rusted out in spots, but is still running pretty well but it's had a lot of parts replaced the past few years.

Oil pan
Knock Sensor
Starter
Water pump
timing belt
muffler
tires
rotors
brakes
light wiring

... to name a few.

Still love it, still love to beat it up and it's perfect for loading up the bikes for a ride, going camping, hauling crap for the yard. Can't beat it!
Posted by: Bios

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 04/06/14 12:44 PM

Hey! Still around. Still rolling. All is well!
Posted by: xcanuk

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 05/06/14 09:13 PM

Something made be drop in, nice going through page after page of old names. I retired my X after 10 years (she still looked new but the mechanics were starting to go) Have a Canyon for work, and picked up a wrangler unlimited with all the mods as a play toy.
The old times of starting my day on this site (the arguments were priceless) ... Miss planning trips stateside to meet my xterra family
Posted by: kirby34

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 01/07/14 01:04 AM

Member #54 here. Some of the old timers may remember I lost my Xterra back in '04 when I ran into a deer on the freeway. Been driving an '05 Mazda 3 Hatch since then - at 158,000 miles and still going. Also just recently bought an '05 Lotus Elise as a weekend car. Might ditch the Mazda and get a truck if I decide to do track days and need to tow the Elise.
Posted by: BradLee

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 02/08/14 11:55 PM

#5122 Had 2000 kick ass X and was with RMXC where I met some of my to this day dearest friends.

I just stumbled on a 2004 X SE V6 No S/C. So, Immmmm back.
Posted by: Doug703

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/08/14 06:48 PM

I don't remember what my old username was or what email address I registered under. I joined XOC in 2003.

I still have my '03 X. It has 128k miles on it. I just got a new timing belt, valve cover gaskets, starter (due to the oil leak from the valve cover gaskets), and plugs, wires & distributor cap. Other than that and your other routine maintenance the X has barely ever needed service. A few summers ago I had to replace a sway bar link and an A/C hose.

The ceiling fabric hangs. The exterior (YELLOW!) paint is in excellent condition. I'll need new tires in another 12-18 months.

Not sure why I signed back up but.... hey ohhhhh.
Posted by: BradLee

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 11/08/14 08:12 AM

So is it your yellow X on ...HERE... ?

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/08/14 08:25 AM

Originally Posted By: BradLee
So is it your yellow X on ...HERE... ?

No....that's Pika.
Posted by: warlock

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/08/14 01:59 PM

Still Lurking
Posted by: warlock

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/08/14 02:01 PM

wondering if ElectroKen is still around..
Posted by: Erik

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 25/08/14 04:35 PM

Not sure what made me check out XOC today. I haven't been on the board since the crash. X is still running strong. 188,000 miles on her. Nothing but usual maintenance. Moved from CO to TN 3 years ago and bought a farm. Any free time goes to that now. I haven't wheeled the X since I moved here. Actually putting the X up for sale this week. Need to down size how many vehicles I have and I need some farm equipment. My daughter isn't happy, she wanted it for her first vehicle. LOL. Been my daily driver since Aug 2001 and it only had 10 miles on it. Ian and a few original RMXC peeps helped me install my lift. Been to GONE 4 times, GOX once, man I miss those days!
Posted by: Lazza

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 03/12/14 09:54 AM

Oh my, I haven't been on this site in quite some time. I first joined in 2005 when I bought a new 2004 Nissan Xterra XE (2WD). I kept the vehicle until about a year ago. I gave it to my niece who was in a sudden need for a reliable DD.

My vehicle was/is very reliable. The only major boo-boo was having to replace the starter. Although I do miss it I will confess driving the same car for nine years gets a bit old. I downsized big time to a Chevy Sonic 1.4L with 6/MT. Great gas mileage, fun to drive.

Although I do like my Chevy Sonic I sense it won't have the durability my Xterra had (has). I can easily see my niece driving my old Xterra for another 5+ years or until the interior gets too gross. Hopefully gas prices will stay low so during this time!

_Lazza
Posted by: Gold Rush

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/12/14 05:52 PM

Still here, although the forums are not so exciting. Joined when I got a brand new 2002. Now have a 2011 Pro 4x.
Posted by: DaHowie

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/12/14 12:21 PM

I joined but mostly lurked. Just bought a 2014 Pro4x last night.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/12/14 02:13 PM

Well look at that... XOC is still here... and so am I.

I AM getting a good laugh at out of these "Original club members" checking in who registered in like '02...

Actually, I find it amazing that those of us who have been on this board for over a decade made to come back here and find this thread... Going through it reminds me of the rock pile on mojave road... we just pass on by and leave a little reminder we were here.

ANYWAY....

Time for my yearly check in.

Another year another new vehicle. LOL

Nissan Xterra
Jeep Cherokee
Ford Focus
Nissan Frontier
Honda Civic Coupe
Honda Pilot
Honda Civic EX

I'm sensing a pattern forming, Aside from the beginning... truck, car, truck, car, truck, car...

and already, I'm missing the larger vehicle, that may be because I recently moved and moving while owning a Civic blows.

Ideally, I'd have the money to own a Truck, Car and Motorcycle all at the same time LOL... never seems to work out that way.
Posted by: *Sonny*Daze*

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 27/12/14 12:33 PM

Member 5001 checking in (after 12 year hiatus).
Still own my 2002 Xterra 4x4. Has about 130k miles.
No major problems (or any problems really).
Spent $1200 last year on engine tune-up items:
Drive belts, water pump, timing belt, gaskets, spark plugs,
fuel injector system cleaning, hoses, etc. (a few other items)
I have 285/75-16 Cooper Discover AT3's on stock wheels.
3 1/2" PMS lift and some other add-ons like Westin push bar.

Fun seeing some of the "Old Timer" usernames again.
Amazing that I remember alot of them after all these years away.
I came back today searching for a window rattle issue I'm having.
I knew this would be the BEST place to find a remedy crazy
Posted by: Alpine Spirit

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 28/12/14 11:51 AM

Wow after quite a while looking for some engine info this showed up. Im "around" just not as active.
Posted by: nolarocks

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/01/15 03:02 PM

I'm alive - still have the X. So good to see so many familiar names. XOC was a part of my daily life for so long. Then it became so much more. I'll never forget.

The wife is thinking about moving on from the '02 - she asked what I thought about the Pro4x. Seems cool to me! smile
Posted by: Deer hunter

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 09/01/15 11:01 PM

I'm still here, I love my 2001 Xterra. It has 188K miles and no major problems, still running strong. I'm not planning on leaving the club, the Xterra PRO-4X is on my shopping list.
-Chris

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/01/15 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: nolarocks
I'm alive - still have the X. So good to see so many familiar names. XOC was a part of my daily life for so long. Then it became so much more. I'll never forget.

The wife is thinking about moving on from the '02 - she asked what I thought about the Pro4x. Seems cool to me! smile

Good to hear, and I am sure you have rebuilt by now.

Take care.
Posted by: Big Daddy Chia

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/02/15 09:24 PM

Im an original club member.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/02/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Daddy Chia
Im an original club member.

Yes you are...

I'll vouch for you.
Posted by: CAfirex

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 21/02/15 07:02 PM

Been lurking since '06 haha. Still have the X, but just bought a Tacoma. The aftermarket support on those trucks is awesome.
Posted by: Hank

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/02/15 02:41 PM

Thought I'd check in after reading news today that Nissan is killing the X. Still miss my '99 X.
Posted by: Bruzer

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 16/03/15 07:57 AM

Quote:
... after reading news today that Nissan is killing the X...

Wait what? Link or it didn't happen.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 23/04/15 07:36 PM

I used to check this board about every hour when not at work in the old days. Still got my '00. She's got a little over 300K on the clock. Starting to show her age mechanically, as his her owner. Rebuilt the tranny a couple of years ago. Put in one of the last three VG33E crate engines in the country about a year ago. Wish I had replaced the radiator with one from a supercharger years ago. Probably wouldn't have damaged the engine so much over the years. Replaced the distributor today, and now the left manifold is cracked again. Got it replaced in the original recall over a decade ago. Paint still looks good, though there's some surface rust in the back under the hatch. Still love this truck.
Posted by: GrnXnham

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/05/15 10:16 PM

I'm sort of an original member. I got my 2002 Xterra in April of 02 and joined here then. My wife still drives the 2002 and refuses to buy anything to replace it. It has 190k on it and she is still in love with it.

I was very sorry to recently learn that the 2015 model marks the end of the Xterra. With today's gas prices, I guess everyone wants to drive these "pussified" SUVs that I see on the road today. I'm thinking that buyer preference, combined with increased government regulations, has killed the X.

I'm REALLY looking forward to my next SUV, probably something like a Subaru Forester. And then I'll watch my dick shrink by at least 50% just by taking the test drive.
Posted by: Bios

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/05/15 07:21 PM

Still here. Had the X in storage for a few years. It's going back in use this week again. Been working on it most of last month. Here we go again! smile
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 17/07/15 03:16 PM

What's up boys and girls?

Still kicking and still have my X. I stumbled onto an old bookmark file and decided to check out the old site. Not much activity these days frown

Hope everyone is doing well and glad to see this board is still operating.

I have moved to Florida and have left the shithole known as New York City behind. Maybe I will have to change my username to Florida Madman .... yet that seems to lack a certain ring. laugh

Later comrades.....

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/07/15 07:32 PM

14 years and still going! Love this truck as much now as I did back in the day.

Now where is the "like" button? oh yeah....this isn't FB.
Posted by: Caiden

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 07/08/15 02:51 AM

I'm still here. I think I originally joined in 2002 when I owned a 2000 X. I'm back with my recently purchased '10 Off Road. I guess you could say I'm a returning prodigal child. Please forgive me for my stint with a coupld of Toyotas.
Posted by: Caiden

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/08/15 11:32 PM

I used to post a lot at work - not loafing, we have a lot of down time - but for whatever reason I can't sign in properly from there. Every other site I visit works fine so I'm not sure what the issue is. Besides, as XOC mentioned, most of the first gen talk is pretty played out and I'm tired of debating no-win stuff like politics, health care, and immigration so I'm mainly a lurker now.
Posted by: RJ

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 12/11/15 01:43 AM

Been a member since 2003 when I was just a kid, and had an 00 Xterra. Rolled and totaled it in a ditch in summer of 06...

Don't recognize too many faces here these days - original admin, Ian, seems to be long gone, along with guys like OffroadX. I remember Ian sold it to "Carlton", is he still the admin?

Been out of the scene for a while, but recently a buddy picked up an 05 OR, and we had a blast off road.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/11/15 10:31 AM

Ian now owns a eLiquid company... Cloud Provisions.

They make amazing juice, if you or anyone you know vapes, I highly recommend it.

I'm still X less, though we're toying with the Idea of grabbing a '15 and giving my son(who's know 16) one of our cars.

BUT, I did manage to recently pick up a Harley again... So Life is good.

Keep the Rubber side down, kids.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/11/15 12:07 PM

My X has now gone to live with a new owner. But I am certain he will take very good care of her.

It was a terrific 15 year run!
Posted by: slamson00

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/12/15 12:06 PM

Hello everyone....been a long time since I was last on here, but thought I would look it up again since I find myself getting back into off-roading and everything seems to always come full circle in life.

I was originally member #1086 and joined way back in March 2001. Way back in the day I started up NCCX here in Northern California, have no idea if that group is still around and kicking.

Life moved on financial commitments changed, kids got older and my out door activities changed so I was out of off-roading for a while, but I still have my original (purchased summer of 1999) Alpine Green 2000 Xterra. I occasionally do my own mini off road excurions now and my X almost has hit the 150k mile mark, but she is still going strong after years of pulling a camper and off roading.

Hoping to get back in to the off road scene in the next year here while my X is still running strong enough to do it.

Hope all are well and keep on having fun out there.
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 10/12/15 07:40 PM

I lost my original logon info so I had to use Powerguy38. I originally signed up in 2000 as Powerguy37. Still have my X.
Posted by: xterra2k

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 24/01/16 06:29 PM

Well, The X is still going with 159k but the paint is starting to peel on the roof. It only gets about 14mpg and I think I'll sell a few of the collectables I lusted after in 2000.

Cool, note, I looked at my profile and it has me as member 33!!!!

Originally Posted By: xterra2k
It's been awhile but still look in. I once had this site at the top of my works internet usage meter.
The 2000X is still going strong, with no real complaints. Just don't drive it as much with the DD.

I've attended a lot of classes to get my X addiction under control. Member #33.
Posted by: Andre the Giant

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 27/01/16 05:41 PM

I'm still driving our 2001 Yellow Xterra. It has 170k miles and keeps on ticking. I had to replace a cracked exhaust manifold before I died of carbon monoxide poisoning, but other than that, the X is doing well.

Life hasn't changed much. Still making corporate videos and TV commercials.

Three dogs, one wife, no kids. Just the way I like it.

Cheers!

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 31/03/16 05:58 PM

Wow - lots of old familiar names...

Still have my Xterra. It only has about 85K miles on it - still looks and drives like new. I too had to cough up to replace the exhuast manifolds and decided to just get the timing belt done at the same time too. Other than that, no problems with it. Still humming along! My parents are in the process of buying a Frontier so even though I'll probably never own a gen2 platform vehicle it will be in the family.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/04/16 03:32 PM

Well I'm heading back to Oz so, I'll be selling the 2000 Xterra soon.
I'm member 38, been here since the early days but I'll check in every now and again.

Richard

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/04/16 03:34 PM

Don't let the dingo's eat your baby.

smile

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 06/04/16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Richard Krenn
Well I'm heading back to Oz so, I'll be selling the 2000 Xterra soon.
I'm member 38, been here since the early days but I'll check in every now and again.

Richard

All the best to you sir. Take care.

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 22/01/18 10:49 AM

Checking back in to see if I had been removed for not logging on for a while... smile

Still have the red 1999 Xterra, 208,523 miles and counting.
Has major rust in the rockers, needs a brake line and other brake work done, (doing that now) and needs a new muffler and tail pipe, though the rest of the exhaust is all OEM. Don't drive it much, it's just a backup vehicle for when it snows more than my 2013 Altima can handle.

Bought an electric blue 2012 Pro-4X Xterra with 6 speed manual tranny with 22,000 miles on it in 2013. It now has 79,000 on it.
I got it for a steal! Dealer I bought it from said he could not sell it due to no one knowing how to drive a standard anymore!
Posted by: pjbaz

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 26/08/18 08:39 PM

Have been gone a LONG time - member # 692

Finally getting rid of my 00 SE in the buy/sell if you're looking for a project lol.
Posted by: Buckshot

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/09/18 07:50 AM

I still have this site bookmarked on the computer. Sold the '01 SE Silver Ice X about two years ago. I still see it pretty regularly as we sold it to a student at the school my wife works at. I miss the vehicle as it always felt "bulletproof"; especially compared to today's cars.

Driving a 2016 Titan XD now. I'd call it a lateral move. Sure the XD is 15 years newer and bigger but there were so many things about the X that I enjoyed. I remember the initial hype surrounding the X when it first hit the streets in '99 and it spawned a culture of ownership camaraderie like no other vehicle of it's time.

Finished college, began a career, and started a family with the X. My kids loved climbing into the backseat when I picked them up from pre-school...

Damn good car.

Cheers

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 09/07/19 09:17 PM

How many of us are left?

Still driving mine for weekend trips offroading and rotation to work with other vehicles. Still love it!
Posted by: johnnyx

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 19/08/19 12:57 AM

Been "Xterra-less" since selling my year 2000 around 2005-ish w/ 100,000 miles. That is until last week when I picked up a well used 2005 OR. Fun times ahead!

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 27/10/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: coolerman
Bought an electric blue 2012 Pro-4X Xterra with 6 speed manual tranny with 22,000 miles on it in 2013. It now has 79,000 on it.
I got it for a steal! Dealer I bought it from said he could not sell it due to no one knowing how to drive a standard anymore!

Haha - guess I should look around in Auto Trader for manual Xterras. My 2002 is still going strong! Never did get around to installing your CIBS kit on it.

I probably need to do my muffler too - something fell off that looked like the muffler but near as I can tell all the mufflers and heat shields are in place (guess I could have picked up someone else's dropped off part). There is a hole in the exhaust pipe after the muffler so everything's days are numbered. What muffler did you end up going with?
Posted by: Gold Rush

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 03/11/19 02:45 PM

Been here since I got my brand new 2002. Traded for a 2011 that I still have with 105,000 miles on it.
Posted by: Canope

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 13/02/20 11:49 AM

First post in 15 years give or take. I remembered my name and password. I cannot do that with shit I do every day.
2004 with 58k now.
Posted by: Paco Pico

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/03/20 01:03 PM

Zombie thread looking for zombie users...when better to post than during the COVID apocalypse.

I was a mod here once upon a time.
Posted by: imacsae

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 28/04/20 08:00 AM

holy crap I remembered the password. still have vaderx and live in the bay area.
Posted by: BluRdgX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 08/05/20 07:02 PM

BluRdgX signing off, November 22, 2019, 16 years, 183k miles. One of my favorite vehicles, R.I.P.❤️

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 20/09/21 06:33 PM

Figured I might as well check in here, in addition to the threads i started a couple days ago. I mean, by some miracle I still manage to rank 4th all time in posts. LOL

Also I just noticed, I was a registered user before XOC, which is bizarre, but I'll take it. Did Ian originally register a DivSoft or Ian account before the XOC one.... 21 years ago is a long time, so I honestly Don't remember.

I HAVE managed to avoid Covid thus far, though I've lost some friends... I'm sure we all have.

I did somehow take the lemons dished out early on from covid to make some lemonade... I got the hell out of California last summer, and became a first time home buyer in AZ. I didn't realize how much I'd missed living in Arizona until I was back here.

I just picked up another Jeep XJ, this one a '98 with 6.5" 4-link, rolling on 33s

Had been a while since I had something off-road worthy, and I finally bid farewell to my Harley about a month ago... so needed a toy.

Speaking of that bike, my last post here was in 2015 saying i'd bought it...

A few months after that, I wrecked. Bad.

Like as it was happening, I knew was was about to die, bad.

Took 6 months before i could drive a car, 9 months of PT, and almost a full year before i could ride again... I DID "get back on the horse", and built my dream bike (A Cafe-racer style Harley Sportster) in the process.

I rode after my wreck, but the joy was gone... every ride involved some fairly strong anxiety, and pure relief when I made it home safe. That just isn't a safe way to ride... so out with the bike, in with the jeep.

I'll be around... promise not to wait 5 more years before popping in here.

Hell, I still run the XOC Fantasy Hockey League on Yahoo wink

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 14/12/21 03:41 PM

Sold the xterra in 2006ish. I recently had a Tacoma fully built and just sold that. Possibly looking for another gen 1 X as a 3rd vehicle. - Ebeauchea

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 31/07/22 07:00 PM

Why not bump this thread. I sold my X in 2016 and moved back to Australia.
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 30/06/23 07:13 AM

Still refer people to your wheel bearing how-to to this day wink

Still have mine, rockers are rusted to shit, but otherwise still kicking. Put a bunch of time and some $ into it this year after neglecting it for a few. New tires finally, new CL to replace my worn out L&P CL (remember them?) and just had to replace the rear brake hard line that blew out behind the RF tire. Drove it 700+ miles to the outer banks and back this month, drove it down the beach to the VA line. Also finally got my old-school Nissan Pathfinder "Lego" wheels back on it with the new tires, had been running some 02 wheels with MTs that came off my sister's X when she sold it a few years back.
Posted by: lemsip

Re: Where's all the original club members? - 15/08/23 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Todrick

Also I just noticed, I was a registered user before XOC, which is bizarre, but I'll take it. Did Ian originally register a DivSoft or Ian account before the XOC one.... 21 years ago is a long time, so I honestly Don't remember.

Twodick! Maybe xoc is Carlton's account and when he took over he deleted Ian's account and renamed his own.