Lawyer Fucked Us

Posted by: Anonymous

Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 03:59 PM

So here's the story. Wife got rear ended in an accident 2½ years ago. Go to court in July this year after initially being awarded $11,800 by an arbitrator. Jury fuck us and award $4800 instead.

Settlement check arrives in Our Lawyer Chriostopher J Piekarski and Me & My wifes names.

So Lawyer has us sign the check over to him, so he can disperse the $1200 owed to the Chiropractor, take his 33.3% and pay us the rest.

Lawyer then disappears off of the face of the earth, doesn't return calls or emails. So today I start looking the guy up online and it appears he was suspended from the State Bar etc.

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/dc/2007_scanned/DC_Reports/Piekarski_DC_rpt.pdf
http://www.myazbar.org/AZAttorney/PDF_Articles/1007lawreg.pdf

"Mr. Piekarski knowingly practiced law while summarily suspended for failure to comply with mandatory continuing legal education requirements. While suspended, he made numerous appearances in court, filed numerous pleadings, continued to engage new clients, performed legal services for existing clients and failed to inform his clients or the court that he had been suspended."

So - sounds like he was potentially suspended while he handled his case. What now? I have to sue my own lawyer for the settlement money? lol. This is getting crazy. I know lawyers get a bad rap - but this guy sure ain't helping.
Posted by: silverxglider

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 04:31 PM

Check with your state. New York, for example, has a fund out of which clients who have been screwed can seek some small measure of reimbursement.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 04:34 PM

I have a plan I think. Gonna find out everything possible about the guy that is available from Public Records. Then stick it all on my newly purchased domain - Christopher-Piekarski.com

Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses I have already.

Will put a nice story on there to explain what happened to us. Nothing defamatory of course - him being a lawyer & all! lol.

Then we'll see if he wants it to go away.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 04:36 PM

Can you physically find him? If you can, it seems pretty cut and dry.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Cut and dry in what way? I'm not gonna beat the $4800 out of him. Although the thought crossed my mind.

I'd imagine if he did this to us, there are others out there who are looking for him too. I think my dastardly plan will be effective. It worked for me once before when I got screwed by an Engine Replacement company. My Google Ranking Skillz got my site above theirs and they paid me off to make me go away! lol.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Cut and dry in what way? I'm not gonna beat the $4800 out of him. Although the thought crossed my mind.
I'm not talking about beating the $4800 out of him. I'm talking about beating the $4800 out of his mother.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 05:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Can you physically find him? If you can, it seems pretty cut and dry.

I'd imagine if he did this to us, there are others out there who are looking for him too. I think my dastardly plan will be effective. It worked for me once before when I got screwed by an Engine Replacement company. My Google Ranking Skillz got my site above theirs and they paid me off to make me go away! lol.[/b]
Talk to another lawyer (I know I know) and see what your avenues for getting your judgment overturned for incompetent council or some such deal.

All the while, doing your Google ranking thing laugh
Posted by: NY Madman

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:15 PM

Quote:

I have a plan I think. Gonna find out everything possible about the guy that is available from Public Records. Then stick it all on my newly purchased domain - Christopher-Piekarski.com

Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses I have already.

Will put a nice story on there to explain what happened to us. Nothing defamatory of course - him being a lawyer & all! lol.

Then we'll see if he wants it to go away.
Don't do that Rinky. You will just make the case worse for yourself. You will also be allowing him to build a case against you.

He will get an injunction against you to take the site down.... and he will get it.

One thing I don't understand about your original case..... If it was settled by arbitration, how was it ever allowed to advance to a jury? Settlement is supposed to mean just that... it is settled. It goes no further.

After paying a $1200 medical bill, then taking a one third contingency fee, he owes you $2400 (He may even claim the one third comes from the total and owe you $2000).

That basically brings the amount owed to you down to small claims court levels (at least by the standards here). You may never see that money.

This guy was suspended on 5/14/04. It looks like he took you on as a client after he was suspended. You are going to have to talk to another lawyer (a real lawyer). You may have more of a civil case against this guy than just the money he owes you.

EDIT: Actually it looks like he was licensed to practice when he took you on as a client Rinky.

Don't do the web site thing.
Posted by: Southernx7

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:32 PM

Go to Pirate4x4 and "Wenzel" him. [Smoking]
Posted by: Claus

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
Go to Pirate4x4 and "Wenzel" him. [Smoking]
POST OF THE MONTH RIGHT HERE !!!!!!!!!

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:44 PM

It was settled in Arbitration - then Farmers Insurance who we were filing against waited 29 days or whatever the maximum they were allowed to wait, then they appealed. It then goes to court upon appeal.

In court they had a Chiropractor of their own testifying that my wife received to much treatment for her Whiplash ($6200 total in medical bills), even tho he had never physically examined her himself, just based on the Medical records. The jury obviously believed him, even after he testified to the fact that he was being paid $400 an hour by Farmers. So the Jury pretty much fucked us by awarding less than the medical bills. But luckily Geico our own insurer picked up $5k in medical, so all that is owed now is about $1200 to the Chiropractor.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:50 PM

Under the Freedom of Speech act I don't think he can have the site taken down that easily. I work in the Domain / Hosting industry, so I know a thing or 2 about what is and is not legal on a web site. Not going to post anything that cannot be found in public records. I'll even reference where the information came from.

Plus the story I tell on the site isn't fabricated, it will be pretty much what I posted here.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm not gonna beat the $4800 out of him.
For half of that, I will. The kid's getting low on diapers and formula. wink

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
[b]Go to Pirate4x4 and "Wenzel" him. [Smoking]
POST OF THE MONTH RIGHT HERE !!!!!!!!![/b]
Are we not capable of our own Wenzel, do we have to rely on some other site? smile

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 07:05 PM

Quote:

Under the Freedom of Speech act I don't think he can have the site taken down that easily. I work in the Domain / Hosting industry, so I know a thing or 2 about what is and is not legal on a web site. Not going to post anything that cannot be found in public records. I'll even reference where the information came from.

Plus the story I tell on the site isn't fabricated, it will be pretty much what I posted here.
You just stated above that he was disbarred. He was not. That is a form of libel.

All I'm saying is just be careful. I wouldn't do the web site thing if I were you.

How old is the guy and what city does he live? Was he possibly born around 1971? Maybe I can get his home address for you. Not to be published on the web either.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 07:06 PM

much more traffic there Rog..

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 07:11 PM

I doubt they would be interested in a Wenzel. Not like I'm a member over there or anythin.
Posted by: RedX

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
Quote:
Yep.....things like that have been done....so I've heard. cool
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 09:00 PM

I still think Sharham's idea has merit . . .
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Can you physically find him? If you can, it seems pretty cut and dry.

I'd imagine if he did this to us, there are others out there who are looking for him too. I think my dastardly plan will be effective. It worked for me once before when I got screwed by an Engine Replacement company. My Google Ranking Skillz got my site above theirs and they paid me off to make me go away! lol.[/b]
Talk to another lawyer (I know I know) and see what your avenues for getting your judgment overturned for incompetent council or some such deal.

All the while, doing your Google ranking thing laugh [/b]
i agree... sounds to me you can sue him for your money as well as malpractice...

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 10/10/07 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

All the while, doing your Google ranking thing laugh [/b]
i agree... sounds to me you can sue him for your money as well as malpractice...
I'm not even saying to sue the original lawyer, I'm saying use the appeals process (if it exits) to get the jury verdict thrown out.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 05:09 AM

Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
You just stated above that he was disbarred. He was not. That is a form of libel.
No, he said he was suspended by the bar. Two different things.

Quote:

All I'm saying is just be careful. I wouldn't do the web site thing if I were you.
Good advice. If you're going to post stuff online, be more accurate than Madman. laugh

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 06:47 AM

Quote:
As Al Capone once said:
"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone"

I'm just sayin'.
wink

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 07:00 AM

I'm not even that bothered about our cut of the money, not like I was relying on it for somethin. I'm more bothered about the fact that the Chiropractor is still owed $1200 and they are likely to go after us for it I imagine.

I'm just pissed that someone that we put trust in to handle our case, is capable of just running off with the money after it was settled.

I imagine the Chiropractor could also take the guy to small claims for their $1200 and we could go after him for our share separately, will speak to the Chiropractors office today.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 07:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Under the Freedom of Speech act I don't think he can have the site taken down that easily. I work in the Domain / Hosting industry, so I know a thing or 2 about what is and is not legal on a web site. Not going to post anything that cannot be found in public records. I'll even reference where the information came from.

How old is the guy and what city does he live? Was he possibly born around 1971? Maybe I can get his home address for you. Not to be published on the web either.[/b]
1971 sounds about right. I believe he lives in Scottsdale, AZ.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 09:26 AM

Called the State Bar and they gave me his phone number. Not a number I had already. Called him up and he was quite surprised to hear from me. Allegedly he is going to send the check today, I won't hold my breath tho.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[b]
Quote:
Yep.....things like that have been done....so I've heard. cool [/b]
Haha, All I can picture is Raising Arizona and the guy running down the street with the diapers! [LOL]

Hope you get your money Rog. I've got my own issues with my contractor and I feel your pain (well not literally). :rolleyes:

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:

No, he said he was suspended by the bar. Two different things.
The post was edited after I brought up the libel aspect.

Rinky...........

I have two possible addresses for him. I'll send you the likely most recent one along with the phone number.

Check your PM.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 02:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]No, he said he was suspended by the bar. Two different things.

Rinky...........

I have two possible addresses for him. I'll send you the likely most recent one along with the phone number.

Check your PM.[/b]
Then I retract my statement. You "stretch" things (I'm trying to be gracious here...) from time to time but this one seemed a little blatant so thanks for the explanation. laugh

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 02:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:

[b]No, he said he was suspended by the bar. Two different things.

Rinky...........

Check your PM.[/b]
Indeed - I edited the original post as he was not actually disbarred, only suspended.

Thanks for the addy, although that addy is for a whole community, so would need his actual number within that community.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 02:26 PM

I love Arizonas public records.

http://156.42.40.50/UnOfficialDocs/pdf/20061331380.pdf

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 03:16 PM

Quote:
I love Arizonas public records.

http://156.42.40.50/UnOfficialDocs/pdf/20061331380.pdf
"The System cannot find the specific file"

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 03:26 PM

Ahhh - was basically a Lein doc on his house from the IRS. Giving his full address. He called me to verify my address, so it seems he may actually send the $$$.
Posted by: mil1982

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 11/10/07 11:40 PM

that's good. hope it works out for you
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 12/10/07 07:22 AM

Glad you were able to track him down and hope you get your money. Did he say he just "forgot" that he owed you a couple grand?

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 09:11 AM

Well no check in the mail yet. Figured as much.

We had a collections agency call yesterday, I guess the Urgent Care facility that never sent us a Bill, Statement or anything is owed $2700. Rather than actually sending us anything so we could pay the bill, they sent it directly to collections.

Keep in mind that this is now 2½ years after she received treatment.

So for 2½y years they have been sitting on the bills, didn't tell our lawyer they were owed anything, didn't tell us they were owed anything - We figured they had been paid by the medpay on our insurance Geico, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So now we owe $2700 to those guys and $1200 to the Chiropractor. Not good. If the collections agency don't get their $$$ in 90 days they say it's going on the wifes credit.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 10:09 AM

Come on Wenzel this shit head. Give me a number.... I can start calling him all times of the night and day.
Posted by: RedX

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 10:42 AM

It WOULD suck if he were to start getting a LOT of wrong numbers....Never know....those buttons are so small....and many people's eyesight isn't what it used to be.

I know I am guilty of calling wrong numbers every now and then.

I'm just sayin'.

cool

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 02:07 PM

By end of week if there is no check in my mailbox I'll post some numbers.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 07:31 PM

Quote:
Well no check in the mail yet. Figured as much.

We had a collections agency call yesterday, I guess the Urgent Care facility that never sent us a Bill, Statement or anything is owed $2700. Rather than actually sending us anything so we could pay the bill, they sent it directly to collections.

Keep in mind that this is now 2½ years after she received treatment.

So for 2½y years they have been sitting on the bills, didn't tell our lawyer they were owed anything, didn't tell us they were owed anything - We figured they had been paid by the medpay on our insurance Geico, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So now we owe $2700 to those guys and $1200 to the Chiropractor. Not good. If the collections agency don't get their $$$ in 90 days they say it's going on the wifes credit.
Fucking vultures...
Posted by: BurgPath

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 16/10/07 09:03 PM

Can you get your insurance to cover that? If not car insurance then personal health insurance? Then let THEM go after the bad guys.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 17/10/07 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Can you get your insurance to cover that? If not car insurance then personal health insurance? Then let THEM go after the bad guys.
Not 2½ years later - I will stall them however by asking them to submit the bills to my insurance. But they will be rejected for not being sent within 90 days of service or whatever. That's if the Urgent Care place is even willing to do anything - after all, they've sent it to collections now, so they don't care one way or the other.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 17/10/07 11:02 AM

Funny how we have people on this website from just about every time zone in the country.. laugh

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 17/10/07 12:54 PM

I found him.

zabasearch

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 17/10/07 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShowtimeX:
I found him.

zabasearch
Nice - that gave me a new address too. Which I believe is his most recent Law office.

Piekarski & Brelsford
2942 N 24th St
Phoenix AZ 85016-7844
Phone: 602-956-1161

His most recent email addy was a pblaw.com address, which would appear to be this firm.

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 17/10/07 01:17 PM

While there is still a chance he might send me my money, I don't really want to screw with him to much. Once he has paid, or it seems unlikely he is gonna pay - Wentzel away.
Posted by: mil1982

Re: Lawyer Fucked Us - 18/10/07 04:57 PM

should show up at his office and say your there to help save him the cost of a f-ing envelope and stamp smile