X Box game question.

Posted by: Powerguy38

X Box game question. - 01/12/03 10:26 AM

For those that have it, which would you get, Halo 2 or Rainbow Six 3? How is Counter Stike?
Posted by: p.i.n.o.

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 10:41 AM

If you are looking at buying a game now, I would get Rainbow Six 3 seeing as how Halo 2 won't be released until 1st quarter next year.
Posted by: XOC

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 10:45 AM

Counterstrike sucks. It's a very lame port of (in my opinion) a lame PC twitch fest for 10 year olds.

Rainbow Six 3 is the best time I've had on Xbox Live all year.

You do have Live, correct ?
Posted by: TremorX

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Counterstrike sucks. It's a very lame port of (in my opinion) a lame PC twitch fest for 10 year olds.
Average Counterstrike match...

[HASDA]**KILLA***: chg map 2 dust plz
Everyone else: THIS IS DUST FAG
[HASDA]**KILLA***: shut up and chg map fag noobz
Everyone else: awp whore

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 11:16 AM

laugh
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 11:39 AM

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
You do have Live, correct ?
I will. This is a Christmas gift for my son who is into PC gaming bigtime. We have PS2 right now.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 12:03 PM

Just my $.02...
I think Counter Strike is the greatest game I've ever played. Definately can be stupid when playing w/ a bunch of idiot little kids but when you find a few servers that are good, you'll play for hours and never get enough. I've been playing it for a few years now and I still love it. Like I said, just my opinion. [ThumbsUp]

P.S. I play on PC, not sure about XBox quality.

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 12:16 PM

The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

Maybe I'm showing my age too, I just don't get excited about games like Counter-Strike, Quake and Unreal which involve nothing more than jumping around dodging bullets. CS adds a bit of realism with one hit kills, but the speed at which it plays is a turn-off for me. I prefer stealthy tactical games like RS3.

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioXterra:
Just my $.02...
I think Counter Strike is the greatest game I've ever played. Definately can be stupid when playing w/ a bunch of idiot little kids but when you find a few servers that are good, you'll play for hours and never get enough. I've been playing it for a few years now and I still love it. Like I said, just my opinion. [ThumbsUp]

P.S. I play on PC, not sure about XBox quality.
I played CS during the late beta/1.0 era... and it was fun back then. Then, as with all online games, clans took them all over and most servers with decent pings turned into avatar chatrooms "HEY YOU SHOT ME, I'M BOOTING U FROM SERVER WE'RE TALKING HERE" ... I despise gaming clans and view them as the most wretched, vile scum of the online gaming world.

I try to play online games, still, but I just can't enjoy them anymore. Too many mainstream players have gotten involved that either don't know what they're doing at all, even after 6-7 months of play, or the 'good' players accuse anyone who does better than them of cheating. And then you have the 12-16 year olds, who, when they find out you're older than 17, call you "old" and say that your reflexes can't be as good as theirs, even though you're outscoring them legitimately. The whining and bitching is just too much to enjoy anymore. I only play LAN games or online games with fairly tight-knit groups of players (yet aren't a 'clan'), and even then, that's not too often.
Posted by: Bobby_X

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 01:07 PM

Hey guys

I recently bought Battlefield 1942 at the suggestion of a friend. It's a shoot-em-up like CounterStrike, Quake, etc, except that it's based in, well 1942. In the game, you have the old guns, old jeeps, planes, etc. You can get in jeeps, haul ass to an airplane, fly the plane, bomb islands. You can drive the aircraft carriers, tanks, everything.

I tried to play online, but, similar to yalls' experineces, I was turned off by all the little kids ruinign the game. The game wasn't fun at all.

However, I have a LAN here, and my and my friend played Co-Op for over 12 hours yesterday. We set there to be 64 players total. It was two of us, and 62 bots. Theere were some bots on our team, but we set it so we were outnumbered in a 3:1 ratio.

That was a blast. I'm hooked now. It's fun if yuo play these games with friends.
Posted by: daventx

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 01:08 PM

For me Halo 2 is going to be exciting.
I just finished Return to Castle Wofenstien (it was ok, worth the 29 bucks at circuit city)
Rainbow Six I hear great things about it

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 01:37 PM

If you like a combo of stealth/action, then I'd highly recommend XIII. It's a cel-shaded FPS using the Unreal engine, and is heavy on the stealth (very much like "Goldeneye" on the N64, only not as awful) element, but still had a fair amount of action. Hell, it's the first stealth-based FPS that's actually more enjoyable to play stealthy I've played in a long time.

As for BF1942 -- hell yeah, that game is pure gold on a LAN. Our company's ISP holds a monthly LAN game that I usually play in, and this month is BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod - http://www.desertcombat.com . DC is a BLAST, and really, really well done.
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 02:20 PM

I've heard that Halo 2 will be out in April of next year but who knows if that will change again.
Posted by: Bobby_X

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
If you like a combo of stealth/action, then I'd highly recommend XIII. It's a cel-shaded FPS using the Unreal engine, and is heavy on the stealth (very much like "Goldeneye" on the N64, only not as awful) element, but still had a fair amount of action. Hell, it's the first stealth-based FPS that's actually more enjoyable to play stealthy I've played in a long time.

As for BF1942 -- hell yeah, that game is pure gold on a LAN. Our company's ISP holds a monthly LAN game that I usually play in, and this month is BF1942 with the Desert Combat mod - http://www.desertcombat.com . DC is a BLAST, and really, really well done.
Hey man! What system is XIII for?

And thank you for the link to the DC mod. I had heard of it, but never knew what it was. I am going to DL it right now! Thanks again!

Bobby

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 03:16 PM

XIII is available for PC, PS2 Gamecube and Xbox. I tried the demo on PC and Xbox and was not impressed.

Neither were any of the review sites, it's getting pretty bad reviews.

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 07:41 PM

XIII is HIGH in the cheese factor, but it IS a fun game.... once you get into some of the later levels. The ending filled me with a terrible rage, though, and wound up making me play Call of Duty to gain some sense of fulfillment. But there ARE some good levels. It's worth a rent, but definitely not purchaseworthy (until it hits the $20 bargain bin).

It's REALLY short (only took me about 5 hours to beat on normal), but there are parts where it really shines. I LOVE the art style, so I guess that may be part of why I stuck it out.
Posted by: MaloCS

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
XIII is HIGH in the cheese factor, but it IS a fun game.... once you get into some of the later levels. The ending filled me with a terrible rage, though, and wound up making me play Call of Duty to gain some sense of fulfillment. But there ARE some good levels. It's worth a rent, but definitely not purchaseworthy (until it hits the $20 bargain bin).

It's REALLY short (only took me about 5 hours to beat on normal), but there are parts where it really shines. I LOVE the art style, so I guess that may be part of why I stuck it out.
TremorX,

Question regarding the PC Version of the game. Did you have any problems with your mouse sensitivity going haywire on you? I would set my sensitivity on 3 and 5 minutes into the game it would switch back to 1. Very annoying.

Thanks.
Posted by: MaloCS

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 08:07 PM

I vote for Call of Duty. I believe it's not a console game but it kicks ass on the PC. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 10:59 PM

Quote:
The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

Maybe I'm showing my age too, I just don't get excited about games like Counter-Strike, Quake and Unreal which involve nothing more than jumping around dodging bullets. CS adds a bit of realism with one hit kills, but the speed at which it plays is a turn-off for me. I prefer stealthy tactical games like RS3.
I agree to an extent. I've been absolutely hamming it up with SOCOM II online trying to play as often as possible before the GS assholes get their codebreak and start wrecking shit all over the place.

I'm eager to try the newest Splinter Cell too. Malo, I do believe COD is on the console platform now as well(or will be soon). I think it's called "Finest Hour" or something like that.
Posted by: n2fireresq

Re: X Box game question. - 01/12/03 11:18 PM

Anyone heard anything about SWAT for Xbox?

Re: X Box game question. - 02/12/03 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by n2fireresq:
Anyone heard anything about SWAT for Xbox?
SWAT Reviews...

Re: X Box game question. - 02/12/03 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
Quote:
[b]The Xbox port did nothing to add to the quality. The models and textures are 5 years old and the game is showing its age.

I agree to an extent. I've been absolutely hamming it up with SOCOM II online trying to play as often as possible before the GS assholes get their codebreak and start wrecking shit all over the place.

I'm eager to try the newest Splinter Cell too. Malo, I do believe COD is on the console platform now as well(or will be soon). I think it's called "Finest Hour" or something like that.[/b]
Call of Duty is PC-only, and likely to stay that way. "Finest Hour" is another Medal of Honor game (milk that franchise, EA! MILK IT GOOD!).
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: X Box game question. - 03/12/03 12:20 AM

Um, no, it\'s not.

I will be keeping an eye for it. Hopefully this along with SOCOM II will give me my military fix till Snake Eater.

Re: X Box game question. - 03/12/03 10:14 AM

Good call. RUMP MY HUMP, that'll teach me to research first!
Posted by: The X Factor

Re: X Box game question. - 03/12/03 11:33 AM

Anyone play Need For Speed Underground ? Just wanting to know if its worth the $50. Still waiting on GT4 and need something to tide me over.
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: X Box game question. - 03/12/03 04:44 PM

Another vote here for Halo 2... The original still rocks our world...

My buddies AND our girlfriends/fiancees all still gather our Xboxes together now and then to play a rousing 8 to 16 player game of Halo... laugh

Re: X Box game question. - 03/12/03 06:32 PM

XIII [Too much XOC] , Cell shaded just feels like crap for a shooter. It feels cheap and old, even on my Xbox.
Posted by: Claus

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 02:02 AM

I would get Halo 2 then get really good at it as I think Halo 3 is going to kick ass

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 05:19 AM

HAHA. Actually I'd just go w/ Call of Duty 4 at this point. Halo sucks.

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 07:13 AM

My vote is for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (excellent adventure mode and lots of fun in 2 player adventure) Then I gotta go with a good western which would be GUN and lastly Call of Duty
Posted by: BigE515

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 08:07 AM

mmmmmm, COD 4....I can't wait! M14 and Spector Gunship? Schwing!! laugh
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 11:16 AM

[Spit] Claus bumping a 4 year old thread and everyone going along with it is freakin' hilarious! [LOL]

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverPig:
My vote is for Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (excellent adventure mode and lots of fun in 2 player adventure) Then I gotta go with a good western which would be GUN and lastly Call of Duty
Shaolin Monks was absolutely damn boring for me. GUN was nice, decent storyline but ver repetitive and unltimately you get bored.

Call of Duty is the shit.
Posted by: Claus

Re: X Box game question. - 03/11/07 12:26 PM

Call of Duty Modern Warfare...time to dust off the Xbox360 me thinks...

you know what they say about going retro. that is why I thought a 4 year old post deserved revival