Call of Duty 4

Posted by: XterrAZ

Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 10:42 AM

Anyone playing yet? I just picked a copy for my neighbor and one for myself. Can't wait to get the hell off work and go get shot at on XBL. Lot's of new additions when comparing to CoD3, which is an awesome online game. I want the "drop grenade" when dead perk so anyone tea bagging me gets blown up. Bwahahahahaha!

See ya there.
Posted by: Auditor_Kevin

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 10:48 AM

No doubt, this game looks incredible. I'm picking up a PS3 a little earlier than I would have just to get that game.
Posted by: Paul H

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 12:30 PM

Just got it. And going to start playing now.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 03:04 PM

It's the fucking bomb.
Multiplayer is damn near perfect. I'm actually not getting my ass handed to me by 12 year old mouth breathers.

Pick it up at Best Buy and get $20 off a wireless headset, or a bundle with Behind Enemy Lines DVD (Owen Wilsons best comedy).

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 03:16 PM

Is it true that it's not WWII anymore?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebeauchea:
Is it true that it's not WWII anymore?
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/11/07 06:23 PM

I have to go get this game now. I've been waiting for too long.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/11/07 04:16 AM

Oh My God is all I can say.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/11/07 05:18 AM

Played a couple of chapters on single player then went right for the online......WOW! Probably gets game of the year, incredible.

I just scratched the surface last night and I'm very impressed. The guns are awesome and the graphics even better. Played for a few hours and only had a lag issue once, my guess is they will get that cleared up pretty quickly. There is so much to the game that it will take a while to get it all figured out.

The only problem I see with it so far is, and maybe I just didn't see how to do it, that it doesn't give the option to join a friend's game. Am I missing something? Can you only do that by invite or what? That could be a real downfall if that option isn't available.

Either way, go out and get this game for online play....it's a blast.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/11/07 09:54 AM

If someone is in a Lobby waiting for a game to start, and there is room, it should allow you to Join Friend from the dashboard flyout. Being as busy as it is, every game I have played has filled instantly. It does have parties though like Halo, so at least you can stay together for an evening of gaming.

Game of the Year... possibly, but Assassin's Creed is out next Tuesday, then Mass Effect the week after. CoD4 is missing a few things that I wish Microsoft would force on all developers like button remapping and X and Y sensitivity. Half Life 2 has them, so should every modern game.
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/11/07 08:09 PM

Crap! I just picked up COD4 and I can't get it to install!?!?! When I try to run the setup.exe, it says "D:\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application" WTF? Bad disk? Suggestions? I don't buy many games but have been waiting for this one for a long time... and now that it's here in my hands the damn thing won't install. Anyone?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/11/07 09:17 PM

Sounds like a virus or corrupted install file. Box it up and return it to wherever you got it from, and exchange it.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/11/07 09:45 AM

HOLY CRAP. I just played death from above in the campaign.

"BRING THE RAIN"!!!!

Posted by: BigE515

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/11/07 08:43 PM

Mmmmmm, M-14's and AC 130's. [ThumbsUp]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 07:00 AM

It was so cool firing the big guns and watching crap blow up!!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 07:27 AM

Yeah, I loved the commentary while your firing,..."I can see the bits from here"....."They got smoked"

Awesome stuff.

laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 10:39 AM

Yo' old guy.....FOG laugh

I'd have stuck around in your game longer but I kept getting kicked.....friggin' servers are waaaaay overloaded.

That was the first I played HQ, pretty cool....quite intense eek I took off and grabbed some other games....ranked up to Major... level 34 [ThumbsUp]

I'll hook up with you again next time.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 10:44 AM

It seemed to clear up a bit later. When I first tried to get in my profiles were gone, save game progress was gone, it was icky. I only managed to connect by accepting your invite.

Headquarters seems to be a great way to whore XP, always a guaranteed 300+ points.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
It seemed to clear up a bit later. When I first tried to get in my profiles were gone, save game progress was gone, it was icky. I only managed to connect by accepting your invite.

Headquarters seems to be a great way to whore XP, always a guaranteed 300+ points.
I had that problem last night as well. Couldn't even log on. Weird.

Havn't done headquarters yet. May try that out.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
I had that problem last night as well. Couldn't even log on. Weird.

Havn't done headquarters yet. May try that out.
It's almost like being in the "Vacant" map...hold on to your ass, pull the trigger, and run like hell....HQ you just do it in a group as opposed to individually.

[LOL]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 05:24 PM

Can't seem to find the necessary specs to run this on PC on the COD4 website...anyone who's already bought it know?
Posted by: gmaxis

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 07:22 PM

Hardware Requirements:

CPU: intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghz / AMD 64 2800+ / Intel and AMD 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported

RAM: 512mb RAM (Windows XP), 768mb RAM (Vista)

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800Pro or better

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

HDD Space: 8gb of uncompressedfree hard disk space (plus 600MB for Windows XP/Vista swap file)

Multiplayer Requirements:

*Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
*Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers
*LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers

I bought my copy yesterday on the way to work, and was too eager to leave early so I can play. I played the single player from 1am to 4am!

Problem is, under multiplayer, no servers are listed even after refresh. What gives?

Great game and graphics btw. I get a little lag sometimes. Time to get dual core!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 08:29 PM

Thanks gmax!
Posted by: Claus

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/11/07 08:55 PM

I am playing this on a dual core 24 inch IMAC with GEFORCE 7300 and 2 gig of ram...adn it is SMOKING..

Death from above is the shit

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 14/11/07 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:

Yes it is have played it probably 3 times.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/11/07 05:36 AM

They're giving stuff away this weekend for playing COD4. Live fire weekend...play & win sweepstakes. Register your gamertag and play during the contest times. Details are here-

Live Fire Weekend

Good luck.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/11/07 07:02 AM

I haven't played COD4 yet...

I play CS:S and there are always guys on there asking "OMG HAVE YOU PLAYED COD4 YET????!!!11?"

I say "NO"

They they say "OMG IT IS THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED!!!"

Then I ask "THEN WHY ARE YOU PLAYING CS:S, WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING COD4!?"

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 24/11/07 07:30 PM

You all play on PC? Can we get a live game going if I play on Xbox and you all on PC?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/11/07 08:57 AM

As far as I know....PC's are on a different connection/server than the 360 players. Same with PS3 too. Only people I've ever seen playing on the servers I'm on with 360 are other 360 people.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/11/07 09:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[b]
Yes it is have played it probably 3 times.[/b]
Oh yeah. Loved that level.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/11/07 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
As far as I know....PC's are on a different connection/server than the 360 players. Same with PS3 too. Only people I've ever seen playing on the servers I'm on with 360 are other 360 people.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think so.
I do believe this is a possibility in the future for xbox though. With the 360 being able to be hooked up to your computer. I may be off but I think I remember hearing it because people were saying we could finally settle the debate of mouse vs controls for shooters.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/11/07 03:49 PM

There is no debate. Mouse and keyboard blows ass. How am I supposed to balance a freakin laptop and mouse when I'm playing my PS3 in front of my big screen??

That might work for the dorks that like to game in front of 15" monitors, all scrunched up at their desks, but not for console gamers. laugh

And I don't want to share a first person online shooter with dorks using a mouse and keyboard because the aiming and switching of weapons is way easier.

I like having a wider margin of aiming error. What fun is it if the more experience kid wins a firefight EVERY SINGLE time. Good luck getting new online gamers with that crap.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/12/07 07:07 AM

Love this game! I haven't played it on Live yet I did just finish the campaigns, which is way better than the gay campaign on Halo 3. I like Halo on live but I can't get into the zombie/space shit.
Death from above is awesome, reminds me of the video on YouTube from Afghanistan.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/12/07 07:07 AM

Love this game! I haven't played it on Live yet I did just finish the campaigns, which is way better than the gay campaign on Halo 3. I like Halo on live but I can't get into the zombie/space shit.
Death from above is awesome, reminds me of the video on YouTube from Afghanistan.
Posted by: Lightning

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/12/07 07:11 AM

Finished the game yesterday. Awesome game but did anyone else think it was kinda short?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/12/07 07:57 AM

Call of Duty 3 was the same way. I was kind of dissapointed when I finished it..thank god for xbox live though keeps you playing for a long time. Even the live version though isn't as good as 3. No tanks, etc..

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/12/07 10:04 AM

Playing LIVE now, much better! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/12/07 07:48 PM

I'm on Live a lot play COD 4...Big E 515

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/12/07 03:21 PM

I will try and add you big e tonight when I get on to play. If not look me up

KindaBosco

Yeah I need to pay to have it switched but...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/12/07 04:34 PM

Start a XOC clan?
Has anyone tried playing Xbox Live with Split Screen? My son and I tried playign and it won't work.

Paul, had fun playing today. Have to do it again sometime! [Wave]
Posted by: Southernx7

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/12/07 05:55 PM

Double the xp on multiplayer this weekend. woo hoo!!!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/12/07 11:05 PM

Same here! laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 04:47 AM

It was taking soo long to get into a game last night and when i actually played, it was choppy as hell..Sony needs to fix their servers or something, sheesh. How is Xbox live?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 06:25 AM

I added both of you as friends. Bigee15 sorry my name is like yours..I've actually had that since 1996 or somthing and didn't use it on XOC because of you.. smile

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 09:11 AM

I'm going by southernx01 with (XOC) clan tag. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Southernx7:
I'm going by southernx01 with (XOC) clan tag. laugh
I will add you when i get home from work today laugh

I'm: hurley_

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 09:26 AM

I have the XOC tag up as well. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 02:14 PM

I put my xoc tag on today woot woot

And big E they fixed it in cod4 you have to have another account to play split screen. Bitches!

My son wanted to play as well but he is more into Halo. He beats some of my friends. I'm training him good.

Anyway got some friend requests we just need to set a time to all get on and play.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/12/07 07:16 PM

Twop Xbox Live accounts? I have that.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/12/07 09:19 PM

Just... Hurley_
Server must have been having issues tonight. Host game kept ending. Also, sometimes when you we're inviting and I would join it said the server was full. Grrrrr. Oh, well. Try again tomorrow night.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/12/07 11:47 PM

Quote:
Just... Hurley_
Server must have been having issues tonight. Host game kept ending. Also, sometimes when you we're inviting and I would join it said the server was full. Grrrrr. Oh, well. Try again tomorrow night.
A lot of times the game ends because the host, whoever it is leaves. Usually they are getting beat. It is the one thing I dislike about it online. You are halfway through a game and it ends. Another thing I dislike is being put in the middle of an ending game and your team loses. There are times I just pick a class and the game ends in a loss which goes on my record. Not that I am winning any money over my score but sucks all the same for someone really into it.

I wish I could just host a public game that I control completely. Now you have to make a party which is good to play with your friends but then you have to go through the matchmaking process and then games and crap end early. I sort of miss my olden days of playing on msn game zone where you had a room so to speak you and your friends or whoever entered and you launched the game. Once in you set map, game style, etc.

Maybe it is just me....

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 03:12 AM

Quote:
I wish I could just host a public game that I control completely. Now you have to make a party which is good to play with your friends but then you have to go through the matchmaking process and then games and crap end early. I sort of miss my olden days of playing on msn game zone where you had a room so to speak you and your friends or whoever entered and you launched the game. Once in you set map, game style, etc.

Maybe it is just me....
You can do all that, you just won't get ranking from it. That prevents people from farming stats. Just make a party, and host a private game, leave slots for friends.

There is also word of a patch soon to fix dropped hosts, where it hands off to the next best connection to continue the game.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 07:22 AM

Yeah but everyone wants the stats lol.

I do agree it is a good idea to keep people from doing that though.

Guess will have to try out th private game thing.

So who wants to set a time to all play?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 08:12 AM

Anyone playing this on the PS3, or is everyone playing COD4 online on the Xbox360?

I'm online on a regular basis, but only for the PS3.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
There is also word of a patch soon to fix dropped hosts, where it hands off to the next best connection to continue the game.
I certainly hope this happens. Just as in COD 3, the host leaves the game and the connection jumps to another player. DO IT!!!

They also need to work on the quality of connections to the server (or something). I don't know exactly how it works or is connected but it seems that it happens way too often that the connection icon comes up flashing and the game goes away. I don't believe it's my connection because the entire room closes. Get 'er done.

It would also be nice if they could change it so if you invite someone into a game that they join your party instead of having to get people to join before you leave to find a game. The way it stands...you can do an invite and the person can end up on the other team, which sucks.

Still a great game that needs a couple of kinks worked out.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 11:10 AM

Quote:
Just... Hurley_
Yeah, it happends. I hope they figure it out. Some nights it's fast... other nights, like last night, its way too slow.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 12:48 PM

I randomly ended up in a game with BigE515 and I even killed him once. smile I still like COD 3 better. The live servers were awful but once in a good big game it was amazing with the tanks, jeeps, motorcycles, etc. Sometimes the big games now are just you getting shot over and over again by different snipers..

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 01:48 PM

Quote:
I randomly ended up in a game with BigE515 and I even killed him once. smile I still like COD 3 better. The live servers were awful but once in a good big game it was amazing with the tanks, jeeps, motorcycles, etc. Sometimes the big games now are just you getting shot over and over again by different snipers..
Yeah,but when you sneak up on them while they are hiding and shank em, that feels good laugh . I hate the "campers"

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Anyone playing this on the PS3, or is everyone playing COD4 online on the Xbox360?

I'm online on a regular basis, but only for the PS3.
Yep. I'm on ps3 so is Just... and the other guys posting on this page.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 11/12/07 06:27 PM

I'm on tonight at 10:00 camper hunting time laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 12/12/07 07:52 AM

I am on 360.

And agree snipers drive me up the wall. Take two steps and I die, watch the replay and some sniper got me. Pussies. You scare um up it is funny to watch um run and try and shoot you with the psitol because they have no skill.

I snipe every once in a while just for a change of pace but hate it.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 12/12/07 12:59 PM

I saw you in a game last night. Sorry we didn't get to play longer...we'll hook up again soon. Send invites when you see me and I'll do the same.

We like to get one of us to invite people into a party and then go look for a game...that way we're all playing on the same side. Only problem with it is most people don't like to jump out of a game when an invite comes and the other people don't like to wait. The right timing makes all the difference...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 12/12/07 02:23 PM

Yeah that is my problem I send out invites but hate waiting so guess we need to set a time which is hard as I play at different times throughout lol.

Ah well will keep firing invites out.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/12/07 03:01 AM

That's the only way party matchmaking works on Live. Bungie created it with Halo 2, expanded on it in Halo 3, and COD4 does it now too. Very few other games do (you have to invite for every single game, which sucks).

Make your party first. Go grab a beer. Then stay grouped all night. If someone comes on in the middle of a game, open a voice chat with them and keep them entertained until your game ends. When it does, the leader drops out, and everyone follows, then add the new guy.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 13/12/07 08:28 AM

yeah I know. It works well just hate waiting lol.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 15/12/07 04:50 AM

Any one get to prestige yet? i'm about 2000ish points away. I'm wondering "what choices" you have to make. I know i can just wait..but i would like to know laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 15/12/07 05:49 PM

The choice you have to make is whether or not to go "prestige".

If you do...you give up all you have earned...well, not all. You keep your kills, points, etc but lose all your weapons and achievments. You basically start over. As you level up, the icons for each level are different from the first round.

I've been at level 55 for a while now. I'm not ready to give it all up yet and I'm still trying to complete challenges so I'll probably be here for a bit.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/12/07 07:02 AM

Prestige sucks... I knew what i was getting into but, sheesh. I love getting 30 points per match again, even with 18 kills [Freak] I figured i would level up quick enough, not so true. I think i would have liked to stay at 55.

I am officially a hardcore geek. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/12/07 07:53 AM

Closed the store, snowed in....lokks like I'll be ranking up today! laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/12/07 08:59 AM

Got my M-14 and red dot sights!!!!
I want to get the real thing! laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/12/07 08:22 AM

I still cant get into the m14.

My fav med to long range is the m16 so far.

Med to small is the p90 or ak74 or mini uzi.

Not huge fan of shottys only usually use them just for exp points or on shippment in headquarters.

But I prestiged again so back to square one...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/12/07 02:08 PM

The M14 has improve my aim across almost all my other weapons. I use it mostly for med-long range maps. My tip for the M14 is the red dot cross hair and aim for the head. I would say the majority of the shots I get with the M14 are head shots. It works well on maps like crossfire and bog.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/12/07 02:13 PM

Oh and a tip on crossfire:
If you start on top of the hill (wear flag A is on domination) run to the corner of the hill and pick people off as the cross there way to B (M14 shines good in this area). It doesn't work so well the opposite way since if you start at flag A since they get to run through buildings to B.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/12/07 08:28 PM

My favs so far-the M16 and the M-14. I'm not a big sniper fan but the sound of the Barret .50 is awesome!
Posted by: Mosi

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 23/12/07 09:23 AM

Where the hell have I been! I had no idea this thread was here! F*&K! Anyhoo, I picked this up for PC on the opening day and got to level 55 about a month ago. Has anyone done the latest download yet? They turned the "crash" map into a Christmas winter wonderland and it's AWESOME! When an air strike is called in, it is supposed to sound like Santa going overhead with a bunch of jingle bells.

Also, there is no prestige mode for PC which I'm not upset about. My buddy's kid asked me the other day if I got there yet and I was uhhhh... huh? I checked it out on his 360 and sure enough..

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 23/12/07 09:45 AM

You need a 360 for Xmas laugh
Posted by: Mosi

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 23/12/07 10:34 AM

Quote:
You need a 360 for Xmas laugh
Naaah. I have a pretty sweet system with a gob of ram and nice video card. The 22" wide screen 3000:1 contrast and 2ms seek monitor helps the experience too wink

Although, we are getting quite addicted to our friend's Rock Band sessions, but that's still not enough for us to justify dropping a few hundred.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/12/07 08:37 AM

You can tell a lot of people got this for Xmas! I think I'll go Prestige since its easy killing for a while! wink

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/12/07 06:31 PM

No split screen for Live, way to ruin one of the best games ever.
Sign the petition!
LINK

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 21/02/08 05:54 AM

Still playing online almost on a daily basis, what a great game.

There must have been a bunch of new players on last night. Every map my buddy and I went to we were top two. Scoring 24-5, 26-3, 21-4, etc, air strikes galore, and helicopters one after another....it was a blood bath. Stupid asses would just keep running into my bullets, one after another, over and over...you'd think they'd learn after the 4th or 5th time they died in the same spot....duh.

Normally I'm just middle of the road in kills/deaths so it's always fun when I have those rare nights when everything seems to fall into place and seem to be invincible.

New maps are due to be out soon. I hope Infinity Ward does a better job with the addional maps in 4 than Treyarch did with add-ons in 3, hardly anyone ever played those.

Still my favorite game.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 21/02/08 07:24 AM

I'm still tearing it up, too - but it still splits time with Warhawk and Rock Band.

I'd like to see some slightly larger maps, but keep them urban. Anything else will turn into a sniper map, and I HATE snipers.

It's a pretty intense online experience. Every time you turn a corner, it might be your last!!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 21/02/08 02:42 PM

So far the best I have done is 33-2 and a 23 kill streak. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 21/02/08 05:39 PM

I'm still on about every night. I'm getting bored with a lot of the maps though. I cannot wait for the new maps either. Wonder how much they will hit us up for on the download of new maps? I love getting the noobs in Headquarters on Shipment map or Vacant.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 23/02/08 07:06 AM

Make that 26. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 23/02/08 05:30 PM

u suck lol

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 24/02/08 07:56 AM

laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 24/02/08 10:06 AM

After 8 it's kinda pointless. Unless it's real close or I'm defending HQ, as soon as my chopper gets downed I'm running around looking for some hand to hand combat so I can get the perks reset.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 24/02/08 07:25 PM

Get the perks reset?
Does anyone know if its true, do you get more perks when you get to Prestige 10?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/02/08 04:20 PM

Just rumors at this point nothing confirmed.

I think what he meant was getting the air strike reset. Once you die. Meaning getting 5 calling in air strike then 7 for chopper then die so you can do it again.

That is usually what I do once the chopper goes away.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 25/02/08 04:37 PM

I just keep running around the battlefield, picking up weapons if I have to. Wouldn't want to hurt my kill/death ratio.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 26/02/08 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
I just keep running around the battlefield, picking up weapons if I have to. Wouldn't want to hurt my kill/death ratio.
Same here. Plus the whole "being without a weapon" for a few seconds thing adds to the excitement of it all.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 26/02/08 03:47 PM

Using a new hiding place on Ambush I just went 39-6. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/02/08 01:40 PM

Quote:
Using a new hiding place on Ambush I just went 39-6. laugh
I'm a big fan of that map. Lots of variations in terrain and just the right amount of buildings.

Crash is still my favorite though.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/02/08 03:30 PM

I hate people who hide.

Bitches laugh
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/02/08 07:52 PM

Count me among the noobs getting slaughtered by you vets... my wife got COD4 and an Xbox360 for me on Valentine's day... been getting killed online on a nightly basis. [Too much XOC]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 28/02/08 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Count me among the noobs getting slaughtered by you vets... my wife got COD4 and an Xbox360 for me on Valentine's day... been getting killed online on a nightly basis. [Too much XOC]
Hey, I'm a level 49 and I get clobbered online now.

People are tearing the shizzle out of this game. I'm typically one of the lowest ranked guys in the room!!

My K/D ratio is still 1.36 but I'm really struggling to maintain it.

Does anyone else seem to get off to 1-4 starts every single damned game? I'm behind the 8 ball before I even get through a whole clip.

Then there are those games where all you can do is shrug. Like in Tecmo Bowl where every pass was intercepted, every run fumbled. Only in COD4, every time I enter a building there's a dude in the corner. Or every time I turn a corner, there's an enemy staring squarly at my back. Nuthin' you can do. You're dead before you get a shot off.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 28/02/08 01:29 PM

I'm a "55", have been for a while now. I haven't pulled the trigger (pun intended) yet for prestige...I don't want to lose all my "stuff" eek There are times when I kick ass big time, game after game...and then there are times that I can't beat a guy one on one at any cost. I come out shooting and he (or she) kills me. Watching the kill cam shows that I never got a shot off before I died when I know I got off at least a few rounds. I think it's all in the connection i.e. lag. Lag, even if only a split second, can make all the difference in the world. It is most likely so slight that you don't even notice it...until the kill cam of course.

I'm trying to work my way back up to even in the kill/deaths ratio. I'm back about 350 more deaths than kills with 11,000 plus kills. I don't pay too much attention to that part of it, I just play to have fun. I will however just turn the damn thing off on the nights I don't have what it takes whether the reason be lag, too much booze, or that I just plain stink. Eff it, I get too irritated with the damn thing at that point. If I don't turn it off, I'll pop in Saint's Row or Crackdown and go on a complete killing and total annihilation spree [Laughing]

"miker415" for those of you that don't have me in your friend's list. Just send a message with request so I know who you are.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 28/02/08 03:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Count me among the noobs getting slaughtered by you vets... my wife got COD4 and an Xbox360 for me on Valentine's day... been getting killed online on a nightly basis. [Too much XOC]
Hey, I'm a level 49 and I get clobbered online now.

People are tearing the shizzle out of this game. I'm typically one of the lowest ranked guys in the room!!

My K/D ratio is still 1.36 but I'm really struggling to maintain it.

Does anyone else seem to get off to 1-4 starts every single damned game? I'm behind the 8 ball before I even get through a whole clip.

Then there are those games where all you can do is shrug. Like in Tecmo Bowl where every pass was intercepted, every run fumbled. Only in COD4, every time I enter a building there's a dude in the corner. Or every time I turn a corner, there's an enemy staring squarly at my back. Nuthin' you can do. You're dead before you get a shot off.[/b]
Sounds like you get "tunnel vision" when you play, it might sound lame but the training I got while with the Police on room clearing is actually helpful. Be ready to pull the trigger around each corner, don't stay in the same place for too long, check your 6 every once in a while, stop and look for movement in all directions....God, I need winter to be over so I can ride my bike, I'm getting way too serious about a game! laugh

About to go to prestige 4! smile

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 28/02/08 06:06 PM

shit we're only on 4?

Fuck I thought I was five. I know you are one behind me currently.

Been playing frontlines lately. Pretty nice.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 28/02/08 06:08 PM

Oh and there is truth to the lag issue online. I as well as many on the cod4 forums complain of the same. I know I fire at least 2 bursts from my m16 at the guys chest neck and head area only to die and have the kill cam show me not even fire.

Sucks.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 29/02/08 02:49 PM

An update was sent out today. So far alll I see is new video for the death cam.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 29/02/08 06:04 PM

yeah kinda cool the grenade kill cam and the bomb from air strikes kill cam.

Dunno bout hosts leaving issue or not it was in the works.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 26/03/08 11:20 PM

COD4 DLC is scheduled for April 3rd. It will include 4 new maps to the game and will cost 800 points ($10). I've heard they are similar to maps in COD2, I heard they are from COD4 single player, and I've heard they are completely new. Don't know, don't care, just hurry up and release them!

Who's going to buy? I'm in.

Let's do this Marines.

cool

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 26/03/08 11:31 PM

Oops, I posted above before seeing there was clarification put out earlier this evening by fourzerotwo...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare DLC

Variety Map Pack
Price: 800 MS Points
Release Date: Early-April (3rd or 4th)

Since details on the maps have been pretty scattered throughout the internet, I thought I’d give you guys a comprehensive breakdown of each map in the upcoming Variety Map Pack for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare along with some suggestions on gametypes, classes, and a few more screenshots to look over; all in one location.

Broadcast
Its size and alternating routes make “Broadcast” great for large team games. A large, multi-story television station with plenty of window vantage points creates the perfect setting for floor-to-floor combat. The station is surrounded by extensive outdoor areas consisting of a long parking lot, surrounding buildings with sniping hiding spots and side-rooftop access to the top and bottom floors of the television station.

Creek
A large wide open village in the woods, “Creek” consists of heavy foliage, great for sniper cover: a deep ravine offers an excellent vantage point for ambushes; an underground cave offers an alternate evasion route; and various multi-floor houses populate a patchwork of connected farmland. This extensive open map is great for snipers with plenty of natural coverage consisting of rocks and trees. There are various routes for advancement from both high and low vantage points over and underneath the hillsides. Another great map for large team games.

Chinatown
A modern revision of the classic Call of Duty “Carentan” map, “Chinatown” takes players to the foggy downtown district of a Chinatown. A night time setting, the cityscape is well lit by the full moon and the glow of brightly colored lanterns and neon lights from local businesses. This district offers a variety of open-street and interior settings, perfect for fire fights throughout the connected roads, courtyards, antique shops and markets within it. Great for all game types and players.

Killhouse
“Killhouse” is an enclosed warehouse made of plywood structures, mock-ups and speed-run courses used for training, creating the right mix of obstacles for small team games or free-for-alls with a variety of soft and hard cover points spread throughout the entire ground level

For more information and screenshots:
www.fourzerotwo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinity Ward | Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Fourzerotwo.com

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/03/08 06:35 AM

I'm not sure I'd be down for new maps. I've gotten so good at these it would be a shame to have to learn more. Different guns would be nice.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/03/08 02:03 PM

Kick ass new maps! Been playing obsessively for about a month now and I'm up to level 51... unlocked all weapons and I've been working to max out all Expert and Marksman levels for each weapon...

Took me the longest time to get around to the SMG challenges (started with LMG and then Assault/Sniper Challenges) but I've never scored as high as I have recently using SMGs and running around like a banshee with Extreme Conditioning and spraying people with bullets as I run around corners, through buildings, and down back alleys...

After all this work, I almost can't wait to swap it all for Prestige level for the cool badge next to my tag.

[Freak] [Geek] [Smoking]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/03/08 02:43 PM

Yes, new maps!!! Schweet!! [ThumbsUp]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 27/03/08 03:29 PM

Quote:

After all this work, I almost can't wait to swap it all for Prestige level for the cool badge next to my tag.

[Freak] [Geek] [Smoking]
...and start the whole thing over again [Uh Oh !]

I finally went prestige. I'm on my first prestige round at level 43....you don't get the 3 frag grendades back until level 41, damn I missed those.

Funny stuff from the Xboxlive forum-

Re: NEW PERKS!!!

Quote:
Xan Marshallus wrote:

After 20 kills in a row you can summon Chuck Norris!

Oh that would be awesome. I hope they make it so you can throw him like a grenade too. Could you imagine? You see a group of enemy red dots just over a fence or around a corner....toss Chuck Norris in there and watch the carnage. Yeah!

laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 31/03/08 01:28 AM

How many new maps for you 360 users?!? 4!!??!? [Spit]

Us PC users have over 500 now plus multiple mods to enhance the game play. laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 31/03/08 09:02 AM

When it comes to 1st person shooter true gamers go with the PC. Consoles are great for the $$$ though.

Heres my COD4 clan site.
French School Girls

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 31/03/08 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:

Us PC users have over 500 now plus multiple mods to enhance the game play. laugh
500? [Huh?]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 01/04/08 06:55 AM

I will probably pick up the new maps when they come out.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 03/04/08 04:23 AM

where are the new maps??? frown

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 03/04/08 06:11 AM

The release appears to have slipped back to the 10th of April from this website http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com Fourzerotwo, the IW guy, still says release is on the 4th and he is working to get that info corrected.

[Freak]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 04/04/08 01:53 PM

Downloading now!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 04/04/08 03:52 PM

Creek-sniper city! Not a big sniping fan but might just have to in this one.
Broadcast-just like Vacant but 2 floors and much bigger. I like, it's nice!
Killhouse-too small, just like Shipment
Chinatown-lots of hiding places
My son and I are playing right now, I like the new maps. Could be a late night! laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 07:13 AM

I guess I'm the true COD 4 dork around here. [LOL]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 07:21 AM

Quote:
lol, last time I checked I was ranked 22100 in kills... There are around 1800000 ish players now on PS3. It's only going to get worse after the Bruins are out of the playoffs and I have really nothin to do frown

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 08:08 AM

Are you rooting against the Bruins?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 08:24 AM

No sir! Bean Town is my team. I just dont think they are going to go far this year. Savard and Bergeron "might" be back for the first round (fingers crossed) which will help. Dont get me wrong, I almost peed a little last night after the win and I would love to see them take the cup.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 12:06 PM

Quote:
I downloaded the maps but they never come up..What am I missing? Are they not available in Domination?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 03:05 PM

I was wondering the same thing. The new maps are available for what type of gameplay? I usually play only Headquarters or Ground War.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 03:29 PM

When you click "Find Match" look at the last 3 choices for game types, under "Cage Match." You will see "Variety Pack Team Deathmatch" "Variety Team Objective" and "Variety Pack Hardcore"

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 06:00 PM

I'm calling shenanigans on this one. They never said that it wouldn't be available for all levels of gameplay. I only like domination!!
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 06:01 PM

Quote:

PC's are definitely better for FPS games, but the two things I like about playing on the consoles over the PC 1) everyone has basically the same hardware so it's an even playing field 2) I get to lounge on my coach laugh and 3) for xbox users, everyone has high speed internet

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 07:18 PM

Quote:
I'm calling shenanigans on this one. They never said that it wouldn't be available for all levels of gameplay. I only like domination!!
The maps will probably be free in a few weeks. I'm just going to take advantage of the double XP this weekend! laugh

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 05/04/08 07:20 PM

Actually next week they will be available in all playlists.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/04/08 08:04 AM

I didn't even realize the double XP this weekend. I was up until 2:30AM but got promoted like 4 times.. smile

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/04/08 12:43 PM

Quote:
The maps will probably be free in a few weeks. I'm just going to take advantage of the double XP this weekend! laugh
I seriously doubt that the maps will ever be free. Take a look at the COD 2 maps, you still have to pay to download them.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/04/08 04:06 PM

As long as they release them in Domination. Personally I don't like the new maps. Chinatown is too small, broadcast kinda sucks I don't know why..haven't been to Killhouse yet..and the gorge or whatever its called is full of snipers which is never fun.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 06/04/08 10:38 PM

so i just really started playin this game tonight. ive had it since wens, but tonight was the first time online with it. seems like a pretty sweet game. i got the game of the year edition, so i got the maps already too.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/04/08 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuzuman03:
so i just really started playin this game tonight. ive had it since wens, but tonight was the first time online with it. seems like a pretty sweet game. i got the game of the year edition, so i got the maps already too.
The only problem is that by now...everyone else is so good at it you're going your ass kicked by everyone in it. Still the #1 game of all time!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 07/04/08 02:59 PM

well, i havent been doin that bad. ive already leveled up 7 times since last night. average about 10 kills a round. not to bad for a noob i reckon.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/04/08 03:25 PM

The first level ups are real easy only like 300 xp needed for a while. Wait till you get further along. Need 5 and 6000 xp.

It is addicting though.

I am just trying to dtay ahead of big e the fag

And I hate creek fucking fag nerd I suck at the game snipers.

I love sneaking up and killing them. I stab them most of the time. Fag fuckers

Did I mention snipers were gay?

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/04/08 03:30 PM

In creek there is a spot real up high and concealed. I sit there w/ my scoped M16 and snipe the snipers. (The spot overseas like two houses where they sit) Also they can't sneak up on you and if they try to you can see them coming. It's great. I just can't find it all of the time.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 08/04/08 07:18 PM

"just trying to stay ahead of big e the fag" haha, gee thanks! wishful thinking but, sorry! :p

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 09/04/08 03:05 PM

Perhaps you have not looked at the level lately? Or am I confused? No it is you

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/04/08 07:08 AM

Pretty cool now that the new maps have gone into the rotation. It's so much more challanging now when a new map comes up, heart rate increases and awarness level jumps up......gotta be on your game because it's still new and there are a few unknown factors left out there. I'm finally starting to get Chinatown down where I don't get picked off from every other window. Creek is tough to move around in because of all the @#%&'ing snipers, but I do like killing people in the tunnel. Broadcast seems to be different every game, so far, the fridge building has been a good place to get some kills from.

I like the new maps, I think they did a pretty good job on them. I hope they continue to add more periodically and keep the game fresh and alive.

Happy killing.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/04/08 10:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The maps will probably be free in a few weeks. I'm just going to take advantage of the double XP this weekend! laugh
I seriously doubt that the maps will ever be free. Take a look at the COD 2 maps, you still have to pay to download them.[/b]
It will be at least a year or two before they are free... Halo 3's heroic map pack only became free recently...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/04/08 10:47 AM

Quote:
The first level ups are real easy only like 300 xp needed for a while. Wait till you get further along. Need 5 and 6000 xp.

It is addicting though.

I am just trying to dtay ahead of big e the fag

And I hate creek fucking fag nerd I suck at the game snipers.

I love sneaking up and killing them. I stab them most of the time. Fag fuckers

Did I mention snipers were gay?
LOL

what is it with COD4 and the constant gay smack talk (even from the freaking 8 year olds)?
[Finger]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 10/04/08 03:25 PM

It is funny as hell when the 8 year olds start running their mouths. I usually just sit and listen to the other destroy them. I do get annoyed when they all are friends and get into a room and you just happen to be on their team and they freakin yell yell yell.

STFU please.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 15/04/08 08:58 AM

Killing snipers in creek isn't even a challenge anymore. In fact, it's so easy I should have my M4 all red tigered out for the third time by tonight. China town can be fun if your on a good team. I'm not a huge fan of broadcast though. I just switched from sleight of hand to stopping power and I love it!

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 15/04/08 11:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]How many new maps for you 360 users?!? 4!!??!? [Spit]

500? [Huh?] [/b]
OK, maybe not 500, but WELL over 200.....On www.codfiles.com alone, there are 129 or so maps. Some are Betas, some are finals, some are outdated. There are more sites that have more maps on them...Here's one for example...http://www.codutility.com/index.php?file=Page&name=CoD4_Maps

FPS games just suck on consoles. Only thing consoles are good for are driving games, sports games and third person view games. The feel and pinpoint accuracy of a mouse and keyboard just isn't there with a gamepad. I think the PS3 has the ability to add a mouse and keyboard....not sure about the 360 though. FPS+computers FTW!!!

Quote:
I dunno....I run my own CoD4 and Teamspeak server and am the leader of a 20 person CoD4 clan [Too much XOC]

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 15/04/08 11:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]The maps will probably be free in a few weeks. I'm just going to take advantage of the double XP this weekend! laugh
I seriously doubt that the maps will ever be free. Take a look at the COD 2 maps, you still have to pay to download them.[/b]
Another pretty big advantage to using a PC to play wink

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 16/04/08 11:12 AM

Quote:
It is funny as hell when the 8 year olds start running their mouths. I usually just sit and listen to the other destroy them. I do get annoyed when they all are friends and get into a room and you just happen to be on their team and they freakin yell yell yell.

STFU please.
See - this is the advantage of a $400/$500 system like the PS3. WAY less kids playing multiplayer.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/04/08 09:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]It is funny as hell when the 8 year olds start running their mouths. I usually just sit and listen to the other destroy them. I do get annoyed when they all are friends and get into a room and you just happen to be on their team and they freakin yell yell yell.

STFU please.
See - this is the advantage of a $400/$500 system like the PS3. WAY less kids playing multiplayer.[/b]
See, that's where I disagree....It's much easier for some little brat to whine that he wants a PS3 or 360 that costs around $400 to play the game instead of a PC that will cost well over $1000 to play it with enough power to run the graphics at full wink For a parent, $400 is MUCH easier to stomach than $1000. I know more kids that play consoles and more adults that play it on the PC.
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 17/04/08 12:20 PM

They each have their fair share. I'd have to say more are on the PC though just because every house in America should have a computer by now. But their are definitely some brats on the consoles too. I'll go back to what I said. FPS are easier to play on the PC, but everyone's on an even playing field on the consoles. That and you get to play it from your couch.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 22/04/08 12:02 PM

not a big fan of the chinatown map... I like broadcast... creek is ok...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 29/04/08 09:21 AM

Chinatown is ok but a lot of window whoring going on. Broadcast is cool so far. Creek is the friggin devil. Everyone snipes. It sux.

Still enjoying the game but with gta4 coming out may take a break.

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 29/04/08 01:04 PM

After having traded up for Prestige level once... at this point I'm mainly focused on leveling up to Prestige again...

Re: Call of Duty 4 - 29/04/08 02:43 PM

I'm trying to retire COD 4. GTA 4 is fun but while I'm playing I just keep thinking about COD 4. Don't think of creek as a sniper map, think of it as a good map to kill those bitch snipers.