Posted by: Matt Peckham

Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 06:52 PM

life as a web designer.
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 07:03 PM

A-MOTHER-FUCKING-MEN
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 07:04 PM

Good one! I need a variation of that to use on people who want me to clean their home PC's of viruses and spyware. Could you make it for me? For free? I'll even give you credit - think of the exposure!!! You'll get rich!!! wink

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 07:48 PM

[Spit] right click, save as, fwd to half of my inbox.

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 07:53 PM

Man, I need that for me as well...

Fix my car for free...

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:

Fix my car for free...
sounds like my family and friends as well.

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
Quote:
[b]

Fix my car for free...
sounds like my family and friends as well.[/b]
I feel you, I really do! My wife really hates it as well.

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 08:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

Fix my car for free...
sounds like my family and friends as well.[/b]
I feel you, I really do! My wife really hates it as well.[/b]
i tell my wife i feel guilty about charging them, she's like "F%^& that"

Re: Hey asshole! - 31/05/06 10:28 PM

"...tons of people to by your cars."

OK, so I'm not a hotshot Web Designer, but I AM a writer. Don't Web Designers have to proof their work like us common slobs? [LOL]

This isn't exclusive to Web Designers, it's very common amongst any of the service professions.

I've been hit up for free work more times than I can count. But it's not my profession that generates it-- it's the downward spiral of manners and courtesy that's responsible.

Just my opinion, I could be insane... [Huh?]

SEY
Posted by: Todrick

Re: Hey asshole! - 01/06/06 01:16 AM

Quote:
i tell my wife i feel guilty about charging them, she's like "F%^& that"
I think our wives may know each other laugh
Posted by: Samueul

Re: Hey asshole! - 01/06/06 07:28 AM

Best Dilbert Quote:

Co-worker: "Hey Dilbert, can you come over my house after work and fix my computer"

Dilbert: "Sure, and while I'm doing that you can go to my house and clean the grout out of my bathroom tile".
Posted by: OffroadX

Re: Hey asshole! - 01/06/06 08:26 AM

Not in my forum

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/06/06 01:03 PM

Thanks for the link Matt....I now know where I went wrong in my quest to start an amazingly successful design career [LOL]

But it is true...sometimes when friends know you can do things, they pull that shit!

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/06/06 06:38 PM

Quote:
Man, I need that for me as well...

Fix my car for free...
Sounds like my job as well: " I broke my phone and I need a new one. I'm still in contract and I want the same one for free... I want everything for free. And give me credit for 123545 text messages that are on my dauthers line. She told me she didn't send them."

Yeah...right....
Posted by: Axle

Re: Hey asshole! - 18/06/06 07:46 AM

I never felt bad about charging someone to work on their stuff. I'm not a professional mechanic, but I do know my stuff. I work long days and the little time I do get off on the weekends, if I'm going to be helping someone else out, I want a little compensation for it. Besides I always felt I was giving people a bargain by installing their lifts for only $100.

Axle
Posted by: Xorand

Re: Hey asshole! - 18/06/06 07:14 PM

It could be worse.
Posted by: chupasierras

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 08:37 AM

Anybody kept the gif? (its gone from http://www.crackheadmonkey.com/designer.gif )
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 08:55 AM

We try to avoid telling new people that we meet at any social event that my GF is a veterinarian... sometimes she'll just say "I work in a vet clinic".

If they do find out it's like some kind of magic signal for people to start telling us ALLLLL about their pets and all of their problems and not shut up about it for the rest of the evening.

Now - I'd just walk away from people or forcibly change the subject... but she doesn't have the ability to turn on the rude like I do and she just lets 'em waste her time.
Posted by: monkeyman

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 09:31 AM

preach on...i don't tell many people that i'm an architect...next thing u know it's...where should we add on....what style do you like....blah blah blah....get the checkbook then we'll talk
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 09:38 AM

Tell me about it.

When people find out I cook at a Japanese Steakhouse, they're like, "Oh, you do the fire and throw the knives? Oh yay!" and shit. I'm just sitting there with this "Fuck You" look on my face and say "Yeah" cause I'm a nice guy.

All I know is, the next time I do fire at a table and I hear, "There goes my eyebrows!! Har har har!", I'm going to on a rampage of murder and mayhem the likes of which this shithole town has never seen. Your eyebrows? The hell with your eyebrows buddy. Think about your heart when I rip it out while skullfucking your wannabe "oh look at me while my husband makes tons of money and fucks his secretary" socalite of a whore wife, you stupid turd huffing piece of shit.

I feel better now. smile

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 09:51 AM

Geez that doesnt happen to me......

Is it because I'm a gynecologist? [LOL]

MGJ
Posted by: chupasierras

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 10:09 AM

Cīmon guys, some social/contact/job networking doesnīt hurt nobody smile Itīs just the way you manage the situation to donīt end working for free ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Tell me about it.

When people find out I cook at a Japanese Steakhouse, they're like, "Oh, you do the fire and throw the knives? Oh yay!" and shit. I'm just sitting there with this "Fuck You" look on my face and say "Yeah" cause I'm a nice guy.

All I know is, the next time I do fire at a table and I hear, "There goes my eyebrows!! Har har har!", I'm going to on a rampage of murder and mayhem the likes of which this shithole town has never seen. Your eyebrows? The hell with your eyebrows buddy. Think about your heart when I rip it out while skullfucking your wannabe "oh look at me while my husband makes tons of money and fucks his secretary" socalite of a whore wife, you stupid turd huffing piece of shit.

I feel better now. smile
Well, I guess that, with a kind smile, you can tell them, something like this: "Well, I rather prefer to taste a nice pice of liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti..." while pointing with your knive to that part of the guy / gal body... [Freak] if they donīt laught at it, you can go: "did you watch that movie, right?" laugh

Re: Hey asshole! - 22/09/06 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
Geez that doesnt happen to me......

Is it because I'm a gynecologist? [LOL]

MGJ
Once it happens, you might not be very happy at all!

[LOL]

Ar
Posted by: InfX708

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/10/06 08:52 AM

You know, I never get asked for my services for free when someone finds out I'm an infantryman. Well, was an infantryman. Seems like there's not a big home market for just plain killing. Of course, now when people find out I'm a signal officer, and ask me to fix their computer, I can say, "Sure, I'll come over, grab a can of Diet Coke, stand back and supervise you fixing it." I mean, that's what we do, right? Ha Ha Ha...

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/10/06 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
You know, I never get asked for my services for free when someone finds out I'm an infantryman. ...
can you "off" someone for me...

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/10/06 08:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]You know, I never get asked for my services for free when someone finds out I'm an infantryman. ...
can you "off" someone for me...[/b]
What'd I do this time?!? laugh [LOL]

Re: Hey asshole! - 05/10/06 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]You know, I never get asked for my services for free when someone finds out I'm an infantryman. ...
can you "off" someone for me...[/b]
What'd I do this time?!? laugh [LOL] [/b]
[Spit]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: Hey asshole! - 06/10/06 09:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
can you "jerkoff" someone for me...[/b]
Fixed.

Re: Hey asshole! - 06/10/06 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
can you "jerkoff" someone for me...[/b]
Fixed.[/b]
now, why would you go and do something like that?
Posted by: InfX708

Re: Hey asshole! - 06/10/06 02:59 PM

As long as you don't mind massive destruction around the target and you provide the necessary tools. I'm old school. This bullshit about low collateral damage is for the libs. With regard to the jerking off part, I shall revert to my position as an officer and take a supervisor role.

Re: Hey asshole! - 06/10/06 03:53 PM

Quote:
As long as you don't mind massive destruction around the target
sounds like exactly what i was looking for.

assignment "big daddy chia"
Posted by: mil1982

Re: Hey asshole! - 06/10/06 07:51 PM

I saw the title and thought it was for me smile