NHL 07-08

Posted by: BigE515

NHL 07-08 - 18/06/07 06:28 PM

Good idea Conky! [ThumbsUp]

Since the draft is Friday and the Flyers kicked out off trading season in a big way, lets get the 07-08 thread started!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/06/07 11:06 PM

Claude Julien is the new coach of the B's....ahhhhh, a new sucker. Poor bastard! :rolleyes:
Posted by: NuDan

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 04:37 AM

Pred's are dumping their talent in the hopes of relocating to Hamilton, Ontaro.

wery intewesting

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 06:54 AM

$6 million per season for a 32 year old D'man? Thats too bad about the Preds. They have/had a good team. It sucks for the Nashville fans, to get close to building a Cup contender then once things start looking good they dismantle it? There's going to be a lot of angry people in Nashville, all 5,000 of the people that do go. :p
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 07:27 AM

Let's go Flyers!!!
Posted by: Claus

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 09:02 AM

Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

I am excited, Vancouver is on the road to greatness we finally have a top coach and some great talent.

I say fuck summer let's move straight into the new season.

On another note:

Scandinavia is moving towards combining Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway into 1 big leauge. would it not be very cool to have a European EHL and combine it with the NHL where they meet in a big ass round robin style play off and crown the world champ??.

Discuss

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:

I am excited, Vancouver is on the road to greatness we finally have a top coach and some great talent.

On another note:

Scandinavia is moving towards combining Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway into 1 big leauge. would it not be very cool to have a European EHL and combine it with the NHL where they meet in a big ass round robin style play off and crown the world champ??.

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/06/07 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PHILADELPHIA X:
Let's go Flyers!!!
Wow, you're still alive? laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Quote:
[b]Let's go Flyers!!!
Wow, you're still alive? laugh [/b]
I just hang out in the background until my name is called.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh [/b]
hamilton itself may not be big enough to support an nhl team, but the southern ontario definitely is. the people that were bitching the most were the sabres and their fans. the only reason they still have a team is due to the canadians traveling there to see the games in the lean years. remeber, buffalo is only an hour and a half from toronto as it is. (and it is already called the qew series) buffalo has opposed, and still does, another team so close to them. now that they have a good team, all the local fans are bitching about the canadians taking 'their' seats at the games. just another reason to hate buffalo.

the leafs on the other hand could really care less. they are the most profitable team in hockey. they could put 6 monkeys out on the ice every night and still sell out every game @ $200/ticket. it's absolutely ridiculous trying to get a ticket to a game here.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 04:04 PM

give it to Winnipeg...I want my Jets back

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 04:14 PM

Bring back the Seattle Metropolitans [Spit] Which was the first U.S. team to win the Stanley Cup in 1917. laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JayZ:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Mike Keenan to calgary...yeah right as if that is going to work.

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

Hamilton is not a big enough town to support an NHL Franchise...but it would make for a good interesting rivalry between them and the Leafs...the QEW series laugh [/b]
hamilton itself may not be big enough to support an nhl team, but the southern ontario definitely is. the people that were bitching the most were the sabres and their fans. the only reason they still have a team is due to the canadians traveling there to see the games in the lean years. remeber, buffalo is only an hour and a half from toronto as it is. (and it is already called the qew series) buffalo has opposed, and still does, another team so close to them. now that they have a good team, all the local fans are bitching about the canadians taking 'their' seats at the games. just another reason to hate buffalo.

the leafs on the other hand could really care less. they are the most profitable team in hockey. they could put 6 monkeys out on the ice every night and still sell out every game @ $200/ticket. it's absolutely ridiculous trying to get a ticket to a game here.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol[/b]
I forgot about the existing QEW series, probably because I don't give a rat's ass about Buffalo (the city itself or their teams). I do agree that it's insane trying to see the Leafs, but when I was in Toronto I could get tickets pretty much whenever I wanted through the ad agency my dad's company used. The monkeys comment, I totally agree with it's a shame.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 20/06/07 06:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

On another note:

Discuss
That would rock.

actually, i think the leafs have been putting out monkeys on the ice.....lol[/b]
I forgot about the existing QEW series, probably because I don't give a rat's ass about Buffalo (the city itself or their teams). I do agree that it's insane trying to see the Leafs, but when I was in Toronto I could get tickets pretty much whenever I wanted through the ad agency my dad's company used. The monkeys comment, I totally agree with it's a shame.
Come on up. I have seasons tixs, we'll watch Canucks kick some avs ass

Re: NHL 07-08 - 21/06/07 08:43 AM

I'll have to figure out a time when I can do that, Claus. I tried to get to a game when I was in Montreal just before Christmas and staying about a block from the rink but my trip was a day off their schedule.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 21/06/07 05:47 PM

All I have to say is Minnesota Wild Stanley Cup next year

Got to love Jacques Lemaire baby!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 21/06/07 08:56 PM

Quote:
All I have to say is Minnesota Wild Stanley Cup next year
They better do something in free agency then. wink
This day and age with the salary cap. You never know who will be fighting it out for Lord Stanley. I think it is more luck than anything. Your team has to stay healthy to make a run for it. smile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 23/06/07 02:09 AM

Vokoun for draft picks? what the hell is wrong with Nashville? And it looks like they're not heading to Hamilton. Im soo confused. Perhaps Mason is the go to guy to man the net????????

Re: NHL 07-08 - 23/06/07 07:00 AM

Toskala and Bell for draft picks??? Vokoun for draft picks?? Did the Bruins get either one? Nope! It's going to be a long winter, again. mad

Re: NHL 07-08 - 23/06/07 10:20 PM

I heard that Manny Fernandez, Martin Gerber and Ilya Bryzgalov have been shopped around. There is also a few decent FA this year in net. If Boston does not get any of them it will be a long winter for them. wink What does Boston have coming up through the AHL in Goalies?
I can say that Boston got a great 1st round pick. I have seen him(Zach Hamill) play a few times. Great puck handling and scorer. Led the Everett Silvertips in scoring.
I thought the draft was a little boring this year. No player trades at all...Just trading of draft picks. [Sleep]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/06/07 05:44 PM

yeah that draft was dead quiet. Nobody humored Vancouver GM Nonis' bid for the 2-3 draft picks. Makes sense though, who really wants morrison/Naslund and their contracts...i know i dont

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/06/07 06:51 PM

I heard a rumor that Fernandez might be coming here. We have Rask in Providence, we got him for Raycroft last year

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/06/07 08:46 AM

One day left until free agency. smile Does Gomez, Drury and Briere go? Also do they go on the first day of FA?
I have a feeling that the Flyers will get Briere. He is close friends and roomates on the road with Biron. They have been working out together in Buffalo still. Just a thought and hope. wink

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/06/07 07:19 PM

Manny Fernandez is now a Bruin. In exchange Bruins sent Petr Kalus and a fourth round pick.
You called it BigE [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/06/07 09:21 PM

We certainly didn't give up much for him, sweet! I wonder if Vancouver or Buffalo will go after Thomas, so they can have a NHL caliber backup.
Posted by: Guido

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/06/07 09:31 PM

Quote:
We certainly didn't give up much for him, sweet! I wonder if Vancouver or Buffalo will go after Thomas, so they can have a NHL caliber backup.
Enjoy the head games. Just hope nobody upsets him, otherwise he will have another season long knee injury like he did this year. He needs to be coddled like a baby otherwise he sulks and his play goes down the sh*tter!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/07/07 01:59 PM

Sounds like our other Manny! [LOL]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/07/07 02:30 PM

I think the Flyers are a contender now. They signed Daniel Briere to an eight-year contract. At a cap hit of $6.5 mil a year. The 6.5 is not that bad. But, 8 years is a long time. Also there is a no movement clause in the contract.
The Flyers have the tools now to win. As long as they stay healthy. I don't think they are done yet either. smile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/07/07 07:46 PM

Rangers signed Drury and Gomez! eek

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/07/07 07:49 PM

-Ducks sign Shneider.
-Leafs sign Jason Blake
-Avs sign Hannan

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/07/07 08:38 PM

Damn you, E, ya beat me to Jason Blake [Finger]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 12:11 AM

WOW! What a first day of FA. I get home from my hockey game... Then see all of these signings. eek NYR Gomez and Drury? Unreal.
Rafalski, to the Wings.
Ryan Smyth, to the Av's.
Flyers trade Pitkanen and Sanderson and a 3rd round pick, to the Oilers for Jason Smith and Lupul.
Oh ya, I called the Briere signing. He was even offered more money from other teams. In a interview he said the Martin Biron has a little to do with his signing in Philly. wink

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 12:37 AM

Biron/Briere...shower buddies? j/k im just jealous.

Don't forget Kariya to to St Louis!

The biggest signing rumor i heard today: Vancouver does absolutely nothing...AGAIN! I hope we have another year of relying on the forwards and d that we already have. I hope they re-sign Brent Sopel for 6 million over 2 years. Maybe Luongo can play on the Sedin line, yeah that's it! [ThumbsDown]
Posted by: hattrik21

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 06:32 AM

Quote:
Rangers signed Drury and Gomez! eek
With those 2 guys, I'm seeing them deep in the playoffs next year.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:

The biggest signing rumor i heard today: Vancouver does absolutely nothing...AGAIN! I hope we have another year of relying on the forwards and d that we already have. I hope they re-sign Brent Sopel for 6 million over 2 years. Maybe Luongo can play on the Sedin line, yeah that's it! [ThumbsDown]
Well, you lost your backup goalie, he signed with the Penguins.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 07:10 AM

There must be a lot of pissed off Oilers fans. They didn't sign Smyth then they trade Smith and Lupul for Pitkanen and Sanderson.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 03:40 PM

Quote:
There must be a lot of pissed off Oilers fans. They didn't sign Smyth then they trade Smith and Lupul for Pitkanen and Sanderson.
I heard Kevin Lowe got caught doing rails of coke whilst enjoying a shrooms, protein shake.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 08:52 PM

Today's signings...
-Nylander to Washington
-Lang to Chicago
-Bertuzzi to Anaheim
-Hamrlik to montreal(hmmm, ya think Souray is heading to Cali?)
-Sykora, Sydor to Pitt
-Handzus, Preissing, Nagy, Calder to LA
-Owen Nolan to Calgary

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/07/07 10:55 PM

Hey Big you forgot to mention Canucks re-sign Krajicek! big whoop! [Sleep]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/07/07 07:22 AM

[LOL]
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/07/07 08:25 AM

Buffalo news is reporting that Drury and Buffalo agreed to a four year 21.5 million contract back in the fall, but Buffalo dragged its feet getting the contract to sign. After two weeks of waiting Drury withdrew the offer.

Drury never said a word to the press or teamates. Shows his class. And it also shows what a Mickey Mouse organization the Sabres really are. Briere also stated he would have resigned at the same amount back then, but as things went along, the Sabres seemed not interested in doing anything. Plus he was a little miffed they took him to arbitration last year.

Who is going to want to sign there now?

The Sabres will still be good, but not Presidents trophy good.

The Flyers will make the playoffs. They need to trade Umberger and a prospect for an offensive d-man. Maybe Gauthier and Umberger for Joe Corvo. But with a #1 d and a #1 center in place, everyone else can slot back to where they are supposed to be.

It also looks like Anahiem is reloading for another run. Getting Schnieder and Bertuzzi is basically replacing Niedermayer and Selanne. Its a step down, but not like if they just lost them outright.

How does Detroit constantly lose a player and then replace them with someone better? (Rafalski for Schnieder).

Montreal has taken a crap in free agnecy after everyone said they would be major players. It sounds like they came in second for everyone. LOL laugh

Calgary better win this year, because Keenan will gut that team and leave them in the basement for years after he leaves. He is the Larry Brown of hockey. Every team he has ever coached has had their worst years after he left them. Philly, New York, Chicago, Florida. Chicago still hasnt recovered. Florida never will. It took Eric Lindros in Philly, and only now are the Rangers getting back to real respectability.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/07/07 04:11 PM

Ok so the Canucks signed their Hot young goalie prospect Cory Schneider. They just signed Curtis Sanford as well. This can only mean that Schneider is up for a big trade. Something's definitely brewing. Expect a trade, and i hope for my sake it's a big one. (if it's a disappointing small trade, then im a 'monkey's uncle').

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/07/07 09:18 PM

I bet they both hope they get traded, who the hell would want to be a backup for Luongo or Brodeur??

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/07/07 09:21 PM

Brad Stuart gets his wish to be in Cali with his family by signing with the Kings.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/07/07 03:56 PM

Some rumors-
-Boston is trying to trade Murray
-Nucks might sign Guerin
-Souray may sign with the Devils
-Coyotes might trade Jovanovski
-Ducks are trying to trade Bryzgalov
[Wave]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/07/07 04:59 PM

JR Retires. frown So close to getting 500 goals. Love him or hate him. He always gave it his all. I would say one of the best Americans to ever play the game. I have so many memeories of him on and off the ice, some good some not so good. From disco dancing in LA, when Hatcher broke his palate, or when he took the puck to the face. He will be missed on the ice... But, you know he will end up in some booth, somewhere as a colorman.
Congrats on a great playing career "Styles" and welcome to the booth. [drink]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/07/07 05:05 PM

Good news for Nashville. There is a group that is interested in buying the Preds. If they do keep them there. Does NHL give an expansion team to KC?

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/07/07 10:57 AM

Quote:
Let's go Flyers!!!
Did I say, Let's Go Flyers?

Get ready for the upcoming hockey season with an authentic custom jersey.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/07/07 06:28 PM

Comrie and Guerin sign with the Isles.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/07/07 07:35 PM

Im done following the free agent signings. Im getting depressed. I don't know how well Curtis Sanford will do on the Sedin line.

Guerin and comrie, that's a really good addition to the Isles. Imagine they still had Blake and Smyth..wow. I think they should have focussed less on signing Ryan Smyth and more on getting Blake a new contract. He's young, energetic and has a scoring touch. He's only going to get better. Oh well, i suppose adding Guerin and Comrie's grit and experience will help them out a lot.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/07/07 10:02 PM

Quote:
I don't know how well Curtis Sanford will do on the Sedin line.
confused Is there another Curtis Sanford that play's forward? Or, is this a attempt at sarcasim? wink

He might see 5 games all season, playing on the same team as Luongo.
Just as many games that Weekes will play, now that he is with the Devils.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/07/07 09:43 AM

Vanek signed a 7 year, $50 million offer sheet from the Oilers. Mucho dollares!!
Buffalo signed Thibault, how could the Pens let him go?? They have a great team and need a good backup in case Fleury gets hurt. They're going to depend on Sabourin? Ohhh boy.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/07/07 11:44 AM

Nevermind, the Sabres matched the offer. At least they kept one of their good players. I've never been a big fan of the league's mighty midgets, Comrie and Briere though.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/07/07 07:03 PM

Oilers sign Sheldon Souray. I hope his wife likes Edmonton. Actually they're divorced and his wife is hot!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 24/07/07 07:00 AM

Bruins trade for another center? Oooooooo-kay. :rolleyes:

Re: NHL 07-08 - 24/09/07 11:40 PM

OK, i don't know about you guys but im getting really antsy for the upcoming season. This pre-season crap is getting old. I know BigE's excited hahah. lets get this thread started or at least start a fresh one!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/09/07 07:09 AM

Anaheim and LA play at noon EST this Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's game is on CBC, Sunday's on Versus!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/09/07 08:14 AM

Its time to start predicting:

Finals:

San Jose over Pittsburgh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/09/07 10:42 PM

Tomorrow at noon(est) The first game!! It's on CBC but if you have digital cable you can watch it on the free Center Ice preview. laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/09/07 08:34 AM

I have to miss the first game. frown I have to teach the kids to bowl at 9:30 PST. Hey, it is for the kids. laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/09/07 05:01 PM

Free hockey coverage!
I watched the game on this today while I played Halo. laugh
LINK

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/09/07 07:17 PM

Just getting excited about hockey, hopefully now that Lewis is gone the Bruins will play a lot tougher this year. Like this would be nice. LINK
laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/10/07 04:02 AM

Quote:
Free hockey coverage!
I watched the game on this today while I played Halo. laugh
LINK
sick!!!! nice find Big. [ThumbsUp]
Can't wait till oct 3

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/10/07 01:57 PM

Wow just tested that link. It works awesome! this is perfect for Canadians who don't get the versus netork [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: kirby34

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/10/07 02:48 PM

Not too crazy about the new logo and uniforms but, dammit, the Sharks finally better live up to the hype. Let's see if JR has anything left in the tank.

Hope they can survive the first month. Start with 4 on the road, 3 of the next 4 at home, and then finish with 4 more on the road. Colorado, Detroit, Calgary, Vancouver, and Dallas, all on the road.

November will be even more weird with 4 games against the Kings, 3 against the Coyotes, and 2 each against the Ducks and Stars. The only non-division game is the last day of the month against Colorado.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/10/07 06:56 PM

Quote:
Wow just tested that link. It works awesome! this is perfect for Canadians who don't get the versus netork [ThumbsUp]
Not sure if you get it but, the Center Ice package is free until the 9th.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/10/07 07:30 PM

woooohoooo rangers win season opener 5-2, stanley cup coming home to NY as long as our defense holds up. offense is gonna beast!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/10/07 04:07 PM

Molson in hand...it's the first Hockey Night in Canada! I planned on having a fire, bringing a TV outside and having friends over to watch but, it's about to rain. frown
Good games tonight...Pit vs Ana, Nyr vs Ott, Van vs Cgy. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/11/07 07:07 PM

one month into the season and nobody has anything to talk about? Don't let the NHL die south of the border!
Posted by: kirby34

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/11/07 10:05 PM

The Sharks are killing me right now, in the figurative sense

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/11/07 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kirby34:
The Sharks are killing me right now, in the figurative sense
Yeah they didn't seem to be on their game last night although Turco played a great game. I'm still not sure why that 2nd goal they scored didn't count but who knows with the refs nowadays.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/11/07 05:34 AM

Quote:
one month into the season and nobody has anything to talk about? Don't let the NHL die south of the border!
Modano finally tied and broke the US born points record last night.....hmmm yep thats all I got for now.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 13/11/07 10:34 PM

Roenick got 500 hundred career goals. 3rd US born player to do so. [ThumbsUp]
Also, Flyers are surpriseing alot of teams teams this year. [Smoking]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/12/07 09:40 PM

Sid VS Louie
0-1
Claus I hope you're at this game!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/12/07 09:45 PM

Sid 0
Louie 2

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/12/07 01:41 AM

Louie - 1
Brodie - 0

A lot of hype around last nights match up between luongo and brodeur. Everyone questioning if Luongo could potentially be as great as Brodeur. Let's hand it to Marty, the guy is a proven winner and Lu should be honored to be mentioned in the same sentence. But let's give it to Bobby Lu, he out shined Marty with a 5-0 shutout. The Devils really didnt challenge all that much, and Marty was letting in shaky goals but it definitely was Luongo's night especially after coming back for his first game from minor injury.

It was a great duo between the two potential olympic goaltenders for 2010 olympics in Vancouver. Pretty cool how these two grew up in the same small city and became such premier goaltenders

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/12/07 01:43 AM

oh yeah one more thing, how lame is the NHL schedule being that this was the Devil's first return to Vancouver since 2001. The scheduling guy has got to be fired.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/12/07 08:20 AM

I was at that game yesterday, it was almost sad the way The Devils got owned, Bobby Lou did not have much of a challenge. In regards to the schedule, the Leauge knows it is wrong and they are doing something about it for 08/09. I am so pissed that we do not get so see the Habs or Leafs out here this year.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/12/07 02:18 PM

Anybody catch the canucks game last night? Claus probably? Finally got my hands on tickets, it's ridiculous how much harder it is to get tickets at the actual cost. Apparently in Detroit, you can buy tickets for $10!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/12/07 08:26 PM

I saw it, surprisingly high score for those two goalies. Kipper pulled? Gotta love Keenan! :rolleyes:

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/12/07 06:25 AM

18,000 fans yelling "Keenan sucks" and booing whenever his face was on the bigscreen never gets old

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/12/07 12:58 PM

How could I miss it?....

Arty which game do you have tix for?. I am going to the Anaheim fest tomorrow. section 109 row 2 look me up !

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/01/08 11:18 PM

I know this is late but what did everybody think of the outdoor Winter Classic? 70,000 fans out to watch a hockey game in the states is always a good sign for the sport. The city of Buffalo made something like $5 million in the pocket from the event.

Hopefully hockey lives on as this is proof that there are other watched "sports" than Nascar and Football. (oh man why did i say that, im gonna get flamed)

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/01/08 05:06 AM

I just wish that it was not snowing. It took the flow away from the game. It would be nice if they could do this every year. Rumor is that the Wild has the edge on getting one next year.
PS. nascrap sucks, I don't see how people watch it.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/01/08 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Conky:
I just wish that it was not snowing. It took the flow away from the game. It would be nice if they could do this every year. Rumor is that the Wild has the edge on getting one next year.
PS. nascrap sucks, I don't see how people watch it.
It wasn't supposed to be an "ideal conditions" game...it was supposed to be an outdoor, traditional game they played as kids, and that kids play every winter.

I thought it was a great game and I definitely hope they do this every year.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/01/08 12:33 PM

Definitely once a year, with two teams, but not more than that. I think it would take away from the novelty if a lot of teams start doing this yearly.

I totally agree, Nascrap sucks...or maybe i just don't understand the beauty of driving around in a small oval or circle or whatever, constantly.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/01/08 10:38 PM

Rumors around here for next year-
Bruins vs Montreal in Fenway Park
Bruins vs Rangers in the old Yankee Stadium

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/01/08 12:34 AM

They said on the hotstove(CBC HNIC). That Chicago would like to play out doors at Wrigley Field.
Also they said that the NHL is talking about playing on X-Mas day. Since the only sport that plays on that day is basketball.
You can find the link on here along with Coach's Corner. [ThumbsUp] http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/01/08 11:36 AM

What do you guys think of these long contracts? Ovechkin 124 million over 13 years.

I don't know, hopefully he doesn't get comfortable and stop performing. If he keeps getting better than it'll be a steal later on when contracts are overly inflated.

He should have signed a 3-5 year deal see what happens and then get more money later on. I guess this way he guarantees his life even if he get injured or just starts to suck. We'll see.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 22/01/08 01:26 PM

I think im the only one who watches hockey...so just letting myself know that Crosby is indeed out for 6 weeks as per the Penguins organization. This is bad for hockey and the all-star weekend especially since he was going to be in the "slam-dunk contest" style shootout.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 22/01/08 03:00 PM

Cindy Crosby is not hockey alone. I think it is about time to sell some other players for the game. I for one am getting tired of seeing his face on everything that is NHL. Also the constant diving and whining. This is what happens when you dive. You get a high ankle sprain. Or, was that him catching a toe pick? [Finger]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 22/01/08 08:59 PM

So...Tyler's doing a happy dance tonight and pissing off the neighbors laugh

Quote:
TORONTO (AP) -- The Toronto Maple Leafs fired general manager John Ferguson on Tuesday, replacing him with former GM Cliff Fletcher on an interim basis.

The Maple Leafs, who have missed the playoffs the past two years, are 14th in the Eastern Conference standings with a 19-22-5-3 record. Fletcher served as GM of the Maple Leafs from 1991 to 1997.

"Our team performance has fallen short of what is to be expected," Richard Peddie, president and CEO of Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, said during a news conference at the Air Canada Centre. "We need to forge the start of a new beginning for (the) Toronto Maple Leafs."

Fletcher twice guided the team to the Western Conference finals. The 72-year-old is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

"We have reached out to Cliff Fletcher and his 50-plus years of hockey management experience," Peddie said.

Fletcher, who received a 19-month contract, will work as a consultant after the new GM is hired.

"I know here in Toronto the expectations are high," Fletcher said. "I look forward to the challenge and a few tough months ahead."

The MLSE board of directors met on Monday and decided to make the change. Ferguson, hired as GM in 2003, was informed on Tuesday.
Now, I'll be the first to say that Ferg the douche is not the only issue that the Maple Leafs have, but damn was he a shitty GM.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 23/01/08 12:35 PM

Isn't the NHL All Stargame the lowest rated all star game in any sport? I think its boring as hell, I like the skills competition better.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 24/01/08 12:07 AM

Quote:
Cindy Crosby is not hockey alone. I think it is about time to sell some other players for the game. I for one am getting tired of seeing his face on everything that is NHL. Also the constant diving and whining. This is what happens when you dive. You get a high ankle sprain. Or, was that him catching a toe pick? [Finger]
Conky Ill admit, at first i really hated Cindy Crosby. But after the last two seasons, im convinced this guy is the real deal. Now i dont hate him..i dislike him..but i respect what he does and what he does for hockey.

Don't get me wrong ill boo him whenever he steps into these neck of the woods, but Cindys got skill

Re: NHL 07-08 - 24/01/08 03:42 PM

Don't get me wrong. I think he has great talent. He just does not have to dive and whine all the time. Play the game hard, and you will get calls in your favor.
I would rather watch Ovechkin than Cindy. He plays more like a Canadian than Crosby.

Side note... The NHL Network channel is finaly here. [drink]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/01/08 04:37 AM

Ya, nothing better than paying $140 to watch the west coast games and find out its on some mystery channel. Fuck you, Katherin Bettman Hepburn. [Finger]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/01/08 05:29 PM

So the powers at be will meet at all star weekend to determine moving to an 84 game schedule. What this does is lets everyone team play in each building at least once a year. For the east I know this makes no difference but for us out west who only see Ovechkin and Brodeur and Crosby once everyone falling moon its good news. It will also mean cutting down the lame exhibition games.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/01/08 10:57 PM

Bring back Flyers @ Canucks, New Years Eve!!!!
smile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/01/08 05:59 PM

Anyone else just see Chara's hardest shot?

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/01/08 07:39 PM

Yes, it reminded me of....Me wink Oh wait, I play net.
I liked Ovechkin's breakaway moves. [Smoking]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/01/08 09:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, it reminded me of....Me wink Oh wait, I play net.
I liked Ovechkin's breakaway moves. [Smoking]
Ovechkin was entertaining laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/01/08 12:38 PM

That was pretty entertaining. Too bad Getzlaf couldnt get those moves he was trying. Pretty funny that the NHL'ers can barely do what a 13 year old can, check this out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h2ycheMJnfI

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/01/08 04:02 PM

Quote:
That was pretty entertaining. Too bad Getzlaf couldnt get those moves he was trying. Pretty funny that the NHL'ers can barely do what a 13 year old can, check this out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h2ycheMJnfI
That is a badass 13 year old, but every coach I ever had (in every sport) would have chewed me out HUGE if I could do that...spend your time on the real skills of the game.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/01/08 09:07 PM

check out some of the rob schremp highlights on youtube. he played in the ohl for the london knights. sick moves.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/01/08 02:06 PM

Quote:
check out some of the rob schremp highlights on youtube. he played in the ohl for the london knights. sick moves.
That guys got quite a shot young hov! can't wait to see him play for the oil.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/01/08 06:31 PM

FYI-Center Ice is free right now
[Wave]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 11/02/08 08:51 PM

Very scary incident with Richard Zednik of the Panthers. Blade across the throat. A trail of blood all the way to the bench. It looks like he is going to be alright. tap...tap...tap...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 11/02/08 11:33 PM

I cringe everytime i see those highlights. That blood is gushing out fast. If he had layed on the ice for a few minutes he would have lost a lot of blood volume and the outcome would have been detrimental. Looks like he may even be back within 6-8 weeks. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/02/08 12:11 PM

For those who didn't see the shootout goal by Ryan Shannon on Khabibulin who punches him after the goal. Coincidentily, Bouchard who did the move first...was on Khabi as well! maybe that's why he's soo choked after

Shannon on Khabi:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LbdoQdfoJQw

Bouchard on Khabi:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a94J5apTJn0

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/02/08 08:47 PM

Forsberg signs with the Avs and Flyers trade for Prospal.
1 day left until the trade deadline. Who is on the move? I love this time of the year.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/02/08 10:33 PM

Im with you conky, tomorrow i s HUGE day for hockey fans. Here in Canada the sports networks will be locked in for 10 hours strictly discussing hockey and showing the deals as they come up.

Can't believe Forsberg. Didnt he say he wasn't going to play? Nice pick up for Philly with Vinny, decent goal scorer that would play well beside the struggling Briere maybe.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 11:41 AM

20 mins left and few big deals for the day.

Brian Campbell going to San Jose
Cristobal Huet to Washington
Federov to Washington (Someone to pass to Ovechkin?)
Brad Richards to Dallas.
Foote returning to Colorado.

Still waiting to see if Hossa and Olli Jokinen go anywhere. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 01:48 PM

Hossa with Crosby on a line, wow...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 03:16 PM

The Caps add Federov, Cooke and Huet? Wow.
the biggest and best pickup of he day...Hal Gill goes to the Pens. [LOL] God, he sucks!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 04:30 PM

Pitt is going to be tough. But, I think they gave up way to much for Hossa.
The steal of the day has to go to the Caps for getting Huet. For next to nothing. eek

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 07:37 PM

That was a great move.....as long as they resign him! They need a goalie, Caps fans must be happy. Their team is finally coming together.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/02/08 07:55 PM

I am so pissed, Cooke WAS the Canucks....he will be missed, watch the Avs/Nucks Game tomorrow night and see my sign, it will tell ya what I think about Noonis

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/02/08 01:09 AM

Quote:
I am so pissed, Cooke WAS the Canucks....he will be missed, watch the Avs/Nucks Game tomorrow night and see my sign, it will tell ya what I think about Noonis
Claus, what section are you sitting in, i'll look for your sign, gonna be there tomorrow night as well.

I feel ya on the Cooky comment. He WAS the energy and it was noticeable when he wasn't in the lineup. Right when the cooky/shannon/raymond lineup was starting to get some chemistry too. You gotta love Nonis saying that he didnt want to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. what the hell do you call cook for that other dude. wow.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 27/02/08 07:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I am so pissed, Cooke WAS the Canucks....he will be missed, watch the Avs/Nucks Game tomorrow night and see my sign, it will tell ya what I think about Noonis
Claus, what section are you sitting in, i'll look for your sign, gonna be there tomorrow night as well.

I feel ya on the Cooky comment. He WAS the energy and it was noticeable when he wasn't in the lineup. Right when the cooky/shannon/raymond lineup was starting to get some chemistry too. You gotta love Nonis saying that he didnt want to make a deal for the sake of making a deal. what the hell do you call cook for that other dude. wow.[/b]
Section 109 row 2, Let's hook up!...Beer on me

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/03/08 07:49 PM

For a team that's trying to solidify a play-off spot , the Vancouver Canucks sure are taking it easy on their opponents. In the last three games they've given up two third period two goal leads (vs.COL & vs.CBJ) then today they lose 4-1 to Chicago! They only took 10 shots the whole game, and totally pissed away this VERY valuable game in hand on divisional opponents. What's up with these guys? I love my Canucks, but I would've almost rather watched NASCAR today. mad

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/03/08 07:46 AM

Claus, I'd like to say I'm sorry your boys lost last night...but I'd be lying because my adoptive team beat 'em laugh

Did anyone besides Claus and myself watch the Avs Cannucks game last night? Forsberg looked remarkably good considering he hadn't played in 10 months and with only one practice under his belt.

The game was a hard hitting one that kept even my wife interested the whole 60 minutes which is hard to do unless we're at the game ourselves.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/03/08 08:13 AM

Quote:
Claus, I'd like to say I'm sorry your boys lost last night...but I'd be lying because my adoptive team beat 'em laugh

Did anyone besides Claus and myself watch the Avs Cannucks game last night? Forsberg looked remarkably good considering he hadn't played in 10 months and with only one practice under his belt.

The game was a hard hitting one that kept even my wife interested the whole 60 minutes which is hard to do unless we're at the game ourselves.
Go shit in your hat
:p

Canucks looks like they are done for the season...pisser as I have 7 tickets left

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/03/08 12:57 PM

[Finger]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/03/08 07:18 PM

Go Bruins!!! :rolleyes:

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/03/08 05:27 AM

Avs beat the Ducks last night laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/03/08 09:12 AM

Nucks beat Preds!...what a game 44 shots 8 goals
Posted by: dezurtrat

Re: NHL 07-08 - 11/03/08 08:35 PM

OK, what the hell happened to Ottawa???

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/03/08 04:39 AM

Not that it's a hard thing to do lately but, they beat the bruins last night. [Uh Oh !]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/03/08 03:48 PM

Yeah, sorry to hear about the sens. Didn't think I'd EVER say this but Im diverting my eastern cheering to the Canadiens. Carey Price is representing Vancouver kids!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/04/08 09:30 PM

Claus...sorry, bro, but the Avs owned Vancouver's ass this season.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 01/04/08 10:09 PM

This is true...Only because Theodore finally panned out after all. It was a gamble acquiring him and they looked like idiots when he was deemed "the highest paid backup in the league". He's playing like a star again and that's a huge reason the Avs are doing awesome.

Oh well, the nuck's GM is an idiot, the fans have no control over attaining some offence. go habs

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/04/08 12:41 AM

We as fans have SOME control. If people would stop going to GM Place to watch this sad excuse for a "PRO" hockey team, I'm sure the people in charge of the Canucks would take notice. I hear it all the time in interviews "Hockey is a business". Why then would any good business man spend more money to improve his product when he's already making maximum profit? 200+ consecutive sell-outs says it all. The Vancouver hockey fan deserves better...MUCH better.

MY CANUCKS REPORT CARD...

Coaching:(C+) Doing the best he can with what he's got. Not yet "his" team.

Goaltenders:(B) No offensive support.

Defence:(C) Injuries, injuries, injuries.

Offence:(D) No second line scoring, and all the Sedins do is cycle in the corners...not hard enough to check. Still too small.

General Manager:(D) Two years in a row Mr.Nonis has done nothing at or near the trade deadline to improve the club for a legitimate play-off run.

Owners:(C+) Local ownership is a good thing, but is he really willing to spend the money to build a cup contender year after year?

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/04/08 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by trout lake tuna:
We as fans have SOME control. If people would stop going to GM Place to watch this sad excuse for a "PRO" hockey team, I'm sure the people in charge of the Canucks would take notice. I hear it all the time in interviews "Hockey is a business". Why then would any good business man spend more money to improve his product when he's already making maximum profit? 200+ consecutive sell-outs says it all. The Vancouver hockey fan deserves better...MUCH better.
You're right in the sense of fans having control by not going to the games. Why would any good business man spend more money? Think of all the revenue the franchise loses out on by not being part of the playoffs. There is A LOT more money to be made the farther you go down. Im sure any good business man would think of how they can make even more profits than they already are. Money talks, and for the canucks, hopefully it talks to some unrestricted free agent superstars this summer..

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/04/08 10:22 PM

Finally, the Oilers took Canuck fans out of our misery, thank goodness. This whole maybe we can sneak into the playoffs mentality was brutal. Go Habs!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/04/08 11:41 PM

Same goes for me, I'm just happy that it's finally over. GO HURRICANES GO! laugh

I still think it would be awesome if GM Place was half empty for Saturday night's game against the Flames.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 04/04/08 09:24 PM

The Bruins made the playoffs!!!! [Laughing]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/04/08 10:47 AM

Canucks are going far this post-season...but on a different playing surface of course.
The only stipulation is that the loss yesterday puts them in the lower third in terms of league standings which is good news for monday's lottery draft.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/04/08 06:55 PM

Quote:
The Bruins made the playoffs!!!! [Laughing]
I know it, I'm pumped!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/04/08 07:44 PM

I just wish they weren't playing the Habs. God I hate their PA, they play the stupidest crap in that rink. Not looking forward to hearing that crap or watching that little bitch Kovalev. Please Bruins!!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/04/08 07:57 PM

LETS GO FLYERS!!!
From last place last year, to a playoff team this year. All hail Holmgrem!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 06/04/08 10:45 PM

Quote:
I just wish they weren't playing the Habs. God I hate their PA, they play the stupidest crap in that rink. Not looking forward to hearing that crap or watching that little bitch Kovalev. Please Bruins!!!
He's a bitch, but a little bitch with A LOT of skill. Did't like him before but since he started trying again he's been on fire.
check out his puck skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bXaOOh7jk

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/04/08 03:24 PM

Not even going to bother, I'll just hate Alexi Koverated even more. He has no class- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNK-5SuB5x8
Typical Hab- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/04/08 06:44 PM

I know the Canucks just got new jerseys this past season, but after seeing this logo on Google, I'm really hoping for a 3rd jersey. What do you guys think?

Did you notice the stick/rink logo in the goggle? COOL! [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: babyX

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/04/08 08:15 PM

Quote:
I know the Canucks just got new jerseys this past season, but after seeing this logo on Google, I'm really hoping for a 3rd jersey. What do you guys think?

I don't get the connection between the Canucks and the dude with goggles. What's he supposed to be? Nope, they need to stick to the orca and call it a day. smile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/04/08 08:40 PM

Canucks are named after Johnny Canuck, a Canadian Cartoon Hero.... Personally I think that jersey would be bitching

Re: NHL 07-08 - 07/04/08 10:09 PM

The logo is the last of the Canuck's worries.
Hopefully they at least draft a roster player this time with the 10th pick.

This is my favourite Johnny Canuck logo

It hurts being a Canuck's fan...but i guess not as much as it hurts being a maple leafs fan.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 01:36 AM

Quote:
It hurts being a Canuck's fan...but i guess not as much as it hurts being a maple leafs fan.
[Spit] [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 05:28 AM

Quote:
The logo is the last of the Canuck's worries.
Hopefully they at least draft a roster player this time with the 10th pick.

This is my favourite Johnny Canuck logo

You got that right frown

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 08:02 AM

I'm not hurt. I saw it coming a mile away. I would rather be sitting here now than being off to a playoff series where they would run flat in the first 4 games. There is now enough urgency to make some drastic changes. The Canucks ownership is back in town next week and will no doubt make some changes.

As far as the play-off's goes:

San Jose over the Habs in 7
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
[b]I know the Canucks just got new jerseys this past season, but after seeing this logo on Google, I'm really hoping for a 3rd jersey. What do you guys think?

I don't get the connection between the Canucks and the dude with goggles. What's he supposed to be? Nope, they need to stick to the orca and call it a day. smile [/b]
Fuck the orca.

They should have stuck to the Flying Skate.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 11:51 AM

Never understood the "flying skate" term. To me it looks like it's on a descending route. Quite fitting.

Claus, it totally hurts being a Canucks fan, and the more so for you with your season tickets and all (which by the way if you ever need to sell a few games, im your man).

We ALL saw it coming in the last 2-3 months. The reason it hurts is we're a "don't worry, next year" type team. How many times have you said that phrase? It happens every year. It's a long ways a way till the 2009 playoffs, that hurts. I put my money on us squandering our 10th pick and taking a player who will be Manitoba Moose bound.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 03:03 PM

....yeah, about that 10th pick....On the Team1040 last night they listed off 1st.round 10th.picks for the past 20 years, and there were only a couple of names on that list that ever made a name for themselves in the NHL. The 10th pick is JINXED! [Uh Oh !]

I say trade it away for a solid roster player, or try to trade up in what many hockey experts are saying is the deepest draft in years.

Sure, it kinda sucks not having the home-town team in the play-offs, but come the real off-season the Canucks should be front and centre when it comes to making headlines, and sometimes that's just as interesting to follow.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 07:43 PM

Quote:
Never understood the "flying skate" term. To me it looks like it's on a descending route. Quite fitting.

Claus, it totally hurts being a Canucks fan, and the more so for you with your season tickets and all (which by the way if you ever need to sell a few games, im your man).

We ALL saw it coming in the last 2-3 months. The reason it hurts is we're a "don't worry, next year" type team. How many times have you said that phrase? It happens every year. It's a long ways a way till the 2009 playoffs, that hurts. I put my money on us squandering our 10th pick and taking a player who will be Manitoba Moose bound.
Dude been through it again and again...I am just STOKED that we are seeing eastern teams next year. it will mix things up significantly, here is my list of guys that are gone from the Nucks:

Naslund
Cowan
Morrison
Pettinger
Salo

Re: NHL 07-08 - 08/04/08 10:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Never understood the "flying skate" term. To me it looks like it's on a descending route. Quite fitting.

Dude been through it again and again...I am just STOKED that we are seeing eastern teams next year. it will mix things up significantly, here is my list of guys that are gone from the Nucks:

Naslund
Cowan
Morrison
Pettinger
Salo[/b]
Hope Mitchell gets the 'C' after this

Re: NHL 07-08 - 09/04/08 08:53 PM

Have you all seen this photo of the Pen's? From there own website.

Well here is a better one photoshoped by someone on http://www.orangeandblack.net.

PRICELESS! [LOL]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 09/04/08 10:13 PM

oh....that's cute...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 10/04/08 06:48 AM

Quote:

Huh...sounds like being a Leafs fan too...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 10/04/08 11:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Huh...sounds like being a Leafs fan too...[/b]
Yeah but at least the Canucks make the playoffs once in awhile. [Spit] key words, once in awhile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 11/04/08 05:02 AM

[Spit]
[Finger] laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 12/04/08 08:59 AM

In the first Pens pic.....as usual jarkko has his head between another dude's legs! [LOL]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/04/08 06:40 PM

Quote:
In the first Pens pic.....as usual jarkko has his head between another dude's legs! [LOL]
That's Sykora with his head between that guy's legs dude, but you're still right about Jarkko...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/04/08 06:43 PM

I think they need a ref in there spooning with Cindy. [Rainbow]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/04/08 06:46 PM

Yea Nonis got fired! [ThumbsUp] Hoping the Canucks can turn it around next year.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/04/08 07:33 PM

Quote:
Yea Nonis got fired! [ThumbsUp] Hoping the Canucks can turn it around next year.
My bet is that we will see Brian Burke back in Vancouver, last year of his contract with the Ducks...either that or he will go to the Leafs..

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/04/08 11:49 PM

My vote goes to Steve Yzerman. Besides being from B.C., he's one of the greatest leaders in NHL history, and he's shown time and time again that he knows what kind of character and skill it takes to win big games, and championships.

Everyone laughed when Brett Hull took over as G.M. of the Dallas Stars....nobody's laughing now, especially the defending champion Anaheim Ducks.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 15/04/08 09:32 PM

Anyone else watching the Avs Wild game 4 tonight? Been entertaining laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 08:09 AM

Quote:
Screw your avalanche [drink]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by alex:
Quote:
[b]Anyone else watching the Avs Wild game 4 tonight? Been entertaining laugh
Screw your avalanche [drink] [/b]
[Spit]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 09:08 AM

Quote:
My vote goes to Steve Yzerman. Besides being from B.C., he's one of the greatest leaders in NHL history, and he's shown time and time again that he knows what kind of character and skill it takes to win big games, and championships.
He was born in Cranbrook, but grew up in Ontario and played his junior hockey in Peterborough.

I think, if he's given the slightest indication that he has a future in the Red Wings' front office, he's gonna plant his feet in cement and stick with it.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 09:12 AM

Quote:

Everyone laughed when Brett Hull took over as G.M. of the Dallas Stars....nobody's laughing now, especially the defending champion Anaheim Ducks.
as long as it's not Linden. The idea is cool but i don't think he'll be able to reel in quality players. He was despised as the NHLPA president or whatever his role was during the lockout

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 09:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]My vote goes to Steve Yzerman. Besides being from B.C., he's one of the greatest leaders in NHL history, and he's shown time and time again that he knows what kind of character and skill it takes to win big games, and championships.

as long as it's not Linden. The idea is cool but i don't think he'll be able to reel in quality players. He was despised as the NHLPA president or whatever his role was during the lockout[/b]
Tiger Williams
Gino Odjick

Tony Tanti! laugh
Posted by: Powerguy38

Re: NHL 07-08 - 16/04/08 11:22 AM

[Smoking] [Wave]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 17/04/08 05:48 PM

Quote:
I went to game 3 but would have enjoyed game 4 more. laugh

I can't wait for game 5 tonight!
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: NHL 07-08 - 17/04/08 09:11 PM

Caps look done for.

Fuck. mad

Re: NHL 07-08 - 17/04/08 09:58 PM

Yeah, it's too bad the Flyers/Capitals series has to come to an end....it's been awesome to watch! Without a doubt, it's been the best 1st. round match up. [ThumbsUp]

We all know the Leafs SUCK....but.... eek

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/04/08 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruzinfrontier:
Quote:

I can't wait for game 5 tonight![/b]
Wait a minute...you were in D-town and you didn't tell anyone here? You suck laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/04/08 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Caps look done for.

Fuck. mad
Everyone is finally learning that a 11-1-1 finish with one player against the worst division in hockey (Caps) really doesn't mean as much as a 7-1-1 finish against arguably the toughest division in hockey. (Flyers)

When all the media predictions came about for this series I was shocked that people were picking the Caps. The Flyers are simply deeper. Arguably the deepest team at forward in the NHL, and that is without Gagne. They have questions on defense and goal but so does most teams.

Ovechkin has disappeared so far. And the difference is that his team doesn't have anyone else who looks like they want to step up.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/04/08 03:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

Wait a minute...you were in D-town and you didn't tell anyone here? You suck laugh [/b]
you should go to game 6 wink

I would go, but I'm leaving Saturday morning. frown

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/04/08 03:51 PM

Quote:
Ovechkin has disappeared so far.
He has not disappeared. Timonen just makes him look like an ordinary hockey player. [ThumbsUp]
Flyers are heathier than they have been all year. Just in time for a run at the cup. cool

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/04/08 05:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

Wait a minute...you were in D-town and you didn't tell anyone here? You suck laugh [/b]
you should go to game 6 wink

I would go, but I'm leaving Saturday morning. frown

I would, but don't need to spend the $$$ 'bout to buy a house laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/04/08 01:27 AM

Hitler on Canucks not making the playoffs... [LOL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeCKqM_P1M&eurl

Re: NHL 07-08 - 21/04/08 02:15 PM

Quote:
Hitler on Canucks not making the playoffs... [LOL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWeCKqM_P1M&eurl
that's actually pretty funny!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 21/04/08 02:32 PM

Hahaha....What a powerful performance! It really does reflect the disappointment and the resulting rage that it is.... being a fan of the Canucks! [LOL] laugh [Spit] [LOL]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 25/04/08 10:31 PM

Anyone else watch the pens game tonight?

They came back from a 0-3 deficit to win 5-4 over the rangers. Crazy game.

GO PENGUINS!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/04/08 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GingerKidzFTW:
Anyone else watch the pens game tonight?

GO PENGUINS!!
The Pens won me over on that game [ThumbsUp]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 26/04/08 07:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Anyone else watch the pens game tonight?

GO PENGUINS!!
The Pens won me over on that game [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Sweet
[drink]

im so glad they stayed in Pittsburgh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 05:43 AM

7-0 in the playoffs!!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 09:48 AM

Sean Avery of the Rangers found in his room unconscious.. and rushed to the hospital.

NY Times

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 10:56 AM

Damn that sucks. Makes things easier for the Pens though. I am willing to be the game gets pretty ugly on Thursday. To the best of my knowledge I don't think any team has ever swept the playoffs. Could be a first but I don't wanna jinx it. Oh yeah,

GETTING TICKETS FOR A SERIES 3 GAME FROM MY FRIEND!! I'm so pumped.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 11:04 AM

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge I don't think any team has ever swept the playoffs.
Not in a 16-game, four-round playoff year, no.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 11:21 AM

I guess it's even now.... Talbot's foot possibly broken.

Post Gazette

Re: NHL 07-08 - 30/04/08 01:09 PM

frown that sucks.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/05/08 09:55 AM

So the Rangers played some desperate, and at times, down right dirty hockey last night to beat out the Pens. I don't think they'll win the next one in Pittsburgh though. Anyone watch the Red Wings game? freaking insanity!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/05/08 11:36 AM

You jinxed the pens with that sweep talk.....

OH well, now they get to celebrate at home!!! laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/05/08 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:

Yep and I'll be there to help them celebrate! laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/05/08 01:03 PM

Quote:
So the Rangers played some desperate, and at times, down right dirty hockey last night to beat out the Pens. I don't think they'll win the next one in Pittsburgh though. Anyone watch the Red Wings game? freaking insanity!!
Yeah, I watched all four of them...fuck me that was depressing as hell to watch the Avs just crumble in two of those games...

Re: NHL 07-08 - 02/05/08 05:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah thats the first thing I thought. Dana, how'd you get tickets?

I would kill for a pair of Penguins playoff tickets.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 03/05/08 10:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]So the Rangers played some desperate, and at times, down right dirty hockey last night to beat out the Pens. I don't think they'll win the next one in Pittsburgh though. Anyone watch the Red Wings game? freaking insanity!!
Yeah, I watched all four of them...fuck me that was depressing as hell to watch the Avs just crumble in two of those games...[/b]
I'm a Wings fan and I'm sorry man. I know how bad it feels when your team goes down. The Avs were pretty banged up though. They'll be back.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/05/08 08:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]You jinxed the pens with that sweep talk.....

Yeah thats the first thing I thought. Dana, how'd you get tickets?

I would kill for a pair of Penguins playoff tickets.[/b]
I got lucky on the tickets. laugh It was one hell of a game. Glad I was there.
[Wave]

Re: NHL 07-08 - 14/05/08 05:41 AM

Pens FTW!!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 15/05/08 04:19 PM

Fuck yeeaaaahh!!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 15/05/08 09:25 PM

Hell yeah!! Pens will win it all! The only reason we lost tonight was so we could win the series at home laugh

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/05/08 04:25 PM

Pens all the way baby!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 18/05/08 09:17 PM

First off, that is an awesome picture. Secondly, the pens are awesome and I went out to watch the game and ended up spending about 12 hours drinking today. They will win it all.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 19/05/08 09:59 AM

Re: NHL 07-08 - 28/05/08 08:49 PM

Fuck yeah!!!!!!! Pens win a game.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/05/08 09:16 AM

that was a helluva game (3). VERY entertaining. The 3rd period was one of those periods you want the haters to watch and ask - "and you think this game is boring and barbaric?"

Go Pens!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/05/08 10:48 AM

Great game! It's all about Crosby's teen stash though! Go Pens!

Re: NHL 07-08 - 29/05/08 04:26 PM

Quote:
Great game! It's all about Crosby's teen stash though! Go Pens!
Getting an underage drinking citation for drinking champagne out of the stanely cup would be awesome.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/06/08 11:02 AM

Finally my Red Wings didn't disappoint. Still Pittsburgh was an awesome team. I swore they were gunna tie it up again in the final seconds. My heart almost stopped! smile

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/06/08 01:46 PM

I thought the Pens might tie it up again too. I bet Fleury feels like an ass for knocking that one goal in. Good season, good series. Detroit was scray good.

Re: NHL 07-08 - 05/06/08 03:24 PM

Yea, well that Crosby kid is amazing. The pens are on their way up. I'm afraid they are gunna be a dynasty!