Wanted....new coach

Posted by: Mobycat

Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 07:27 AM

I know most of you don't give a rat's ass...but looks like Indiana's basketball coaching job is up for grabs.

Who's gonna get it...

I see Alford and Wittman's names being tossed around.

Personally, I'd like to see one former assistant get it. I can't for the life of me remember his name, but after being an assistant for who knows how long, he went to Miami of Ohio for the head coaching job (around 95 or 96, I think) and left there after just a couple years to get a better job.
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 07:37 AM

He's not out... yet. Poor guy, it's hard to follow a legend. Thankfully, Tech did the right thing by offering the job to Pat Knight whenever Bobby Knight retires.

Re: Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 08:01 AM

Ah...finally remembered his name.

Joby Wright.

Re: Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
He's not out... yet. Poor guy, it's hard to follow a legend. Thankfully, Tech did the right thing by offering the job to Pat Knight whenever Bobby Knight retires.
I don't think Pat would touch Indiana (if that's what you meant). Too much bad blood, even if the administration is completely different.
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 08:06 AM

No, what I meant is that it's hard to follow a legend. Since Tech now has the legend as their coach, it would be hard for the next coach to come in and follow in his footsteps when he retires. Since they offered the job to Pat Knight, I think that is the best way to have someone follow a legend... be related to them. Otherwise, we'd be stuck in the same boat that IU has been in since they got rid of Knight once he retires from Tech.

Re: Wanted....new coach - 16/02/06 08:31 AM

Ah, yes. Too true.

Kravitz said in his column that Davis will be known as the bridge between the Knight era and the next.