NCAA Hoops

Posted by: off2cjb

NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 04:04 PM

The polls are out, and of course DUKE is #1.

ESPN Poll
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 05:56 PM

Most worthless poll ever. [Sleep]

That said,

Sweet 16 team last year, even better this year! [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: Origami Gangsta

Re: NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 07:03 PM

The turtles are #17! Woo hoo! :rolleyes:

Here's to beating Duke, AGAIN!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 07:49 PM

UCLA is above Kansas?? Gimmie a damn break.

[ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

UCLA will probably be pretty good this year.

In any event, though not mentioned in this article, GO DUCKS!!!

We should be better this year (God I hope so, anyway). It's time for Malik to take over. Not to mention Bryce, Champ, and Marty.

Yeah, I'm a Duck homer... smile
Posted by: mineralblue

Re: NCAA Hoops - 27/10/05 08:08 PM

Go Cats, Cards, and Aggies!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Go Cats, Cards, and Aggies!
Pick a team.

Signed,

BigE515
laugh

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
[b]Go Cats, Cards, and Aggies!
Pick a team.

Signed,

BigE515
laugh [/b]
already have...

UK class of '98
UL childhood hometown team (high school was across the street)
A&M class of '04

any questions?
[Finger]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 07:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Go Cats, Cards, and Aggies!
Pick a team.

Signed,

BigE515
laugh [/b]
already have...

UK class of '98
A&M class of '04

any questions?
[Finger] [/b]
You went to Manual? Cool. Never been inside, but it's got the coolest looking school building around, for sure!

Go Cards! (By the way... Taquan Dean if FINALLY healthy, and no longer has a nagging groin injury. It's said that he can finally dunk, after adding 6-8" on his vertical leap this summer! Holy cow!)

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 07:19 AM

duPont Manual class of '94!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 07:32 AM

Quote:
already have...

UK class of '98
A&M class of '04

any questions?
[Finger]
I surely don't, but I know a couple people here will. [Freak] BTW, what a horrible time to go to A&M. They sucked at everything during those years. [LOL]

My childhood team:

Re: NCAA Hoops - 28/10/05 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Go Cards! (By the way... Taquan Dean if FINALLY healthy, and no longer has a nagging groin injury. It's said that he can finally dunk, after adding 6-8" on his vertical leap this summer! Holy cow!)
At least they have that going for them... it seems the Cards are facing a number of key injuries...

Re: NCAA Hoops - 14/11/05 07:21 AM

NIT games begin tonight with DUKE facing Boston University. Ya gotta love Coach K for allowing the little guys to gain some attention and some bigtime money.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 14/11/05 07:43 AM

Thursday, November 17th:

VS.

[ThumbsUp]
(I've learned my lesson... I will not be talking any trash for this game. [Freak] [LOL] )

Re: NCAA Hoops - 14/11/05 08:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Go Cards! (By the way... Taquan Dean if FINALLY healthy, and no longer has a nagging groin injury. It's said that he can finally dunk, after adding 6-8" on his vertical leap this summer! Holy cow!)
At least they have that going for them... it seems the Cards are facing a number of key injuries...[/b]
And we just had another injury.. In the Red & White scrimmage this past weekend, Padgett was injured, yet again. Guy just came back from a foot injury this past week, and now he's got a sprained ligament in his angle. They're now saying he won't be back until first of December.

For cripes sake, I hope they just redshirt him. Wait until he's a little older and stronger, so he can actually be well enough to play a whole season w/o getting hurt!
Posted by: BigE515

Re: NCAA Hoops - 14/11/05 10:04 PM

[Sleep]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 07:05 AM

I didn't realize Duke played Texas this year. That will be a cool game to watch on December 10th. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 08:12 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize Duke played Texas this year. That will be a cool game to watch on December 10th. [ThumbsUp]
Yes it will, especially if they maintain their current rankings.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 01:48 PM

LET'S GO ORANGE!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

Well seeing as Kansas is mostly freshmen and sophomores this year, it'll take them a bit of the season to gel and kick ass.
They'll come up in the rankings

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 02:25 PM

Hey Doug, how's your team this year? What do you think your chances are for Thursday's game?

Re: NCAA Hoops - 15/11/05 08:52 PM

Quote:
Hey Doug, how's your team this year? What do you think your chances are for Thursday's game?
Pre-ranked 16th. I haven't read anything about TT yet.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 16/11/05 01:16 AM

hey Doug, what's up w/ WVU being ranked above the orangemen?
Posted by: kirby34

Re: NCAA Hoops - 16/11/05 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
In short, because Hakim Warrick is gone and I think people are figuring what Kevin Pittsnogle accomplished late last year in the conference and NCAA tournies wasn't a fluke. Plus, isn't WVU returning 4 main starters? SU lost almost half its offense with Warrick and Josh Pace graduating, plus 5 extra fouls from an at least halfway serviceable Craig Forth - Watkins is now their only real (big) center.

I just hope Nichols and McCroskey (and maybe Devendorf) can make some perimeter shots so that Gerry doesn't have to do EVERYTHING.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 16/11/05 09:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah - what AKatonk said... WVU (Pittsnogle) surprised everybody last year with their performances - especially in the Big East Tourney (cough, cough which they lost to Syracuse) and NCAA Tourney. There is no denying that Pittsnogle, as goofy as he is, is a great Bball player.

As for Syracuse - they lost Warrick, Pace, and Forth. All key players on the team. Edelin is gone too, not that he was a key member of the team last year. This leaves McNamara as the only person (that actually plays. We don't count Matt Gorman) left from the 2003 Championship team.

I'm tense about what might happen to the team this year. McNamara has a lot of weight to carry on his shoulders and through the preseason/season so far he hasn't really impressed me with his stats.

Eric Devendorf is supposed to be really good - he came from Oak Hill Academy (alma matar of Carmello Anthony, Jerry Stackhouse, Ron Mercer, Rod Strickland). J. Wright, Nichols, and McCroskey and Roberts all now have experience under their belt and NEED to step up.

FYI - The 2006-2007 season should be really good for the Orange, as they have some great HS players signed on to attend and some that have signed letters on intent.

Hell, our bball team can't be any worse then our football team!!!
Posted by: kirby34

Re: NCAA Hoops - 16/11/05 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
Hell, our bball team can't be any worse then our football team!!!
Shhhhh! You're supposed to deny that SU even has a football team. At least, that's what I tell everyone around here.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 16/11/05 10:33 PM

Doug, you know it's all in good fun.

WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

This is the best team that they have had in a long time, though....and I'm positive that they're going to do very well this year.

Pittsnogle is in no way the entire team, Gansey is much better. However, in the summer of 2004, Pittsnogle played on a national collegiate team w/ a bunch of big names and, I believe, was the second leading scorer and was the "6th man". He was good before they went on their end of the season rampage.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 17/11/05 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by A Katonk:
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug703:
[b]Hell, our bball team can't be any worse then our football team!!!
Shhhhh! You're supposed to deny that SU even has a football team. At least, that's what I tell everyone around here.[/b]
You are preaching to the choir. I am friends with a lot of people from SEC schools and tend to hang out with them to watch their teams play (for the beer and women -- not the team). And some of them legitimately ask me "How did Syracuse do today?" I act like a scorned parent and respond with "I don't know. I didn't watch it. Basketball season is almost here."

Quote:
Doug, you know it's all in good fun.
Absolutely! Did I sound pissed off in my post? I like talking about Big East bball -- five teams preranked in the Top 25 (actually, top 16)!! The Big East could be the dominate bball conference in the country next year... if not this year (I can hold out hope for this year).

Re: NCAA Hoops - 17/11/05 07:25 AM

Big game tonight, Doug. Looks like we'll see how good our teams really are. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 17/11/05 08:48 AM

Quote:
WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

This is the best team that they have had in a long time, though....and I'm positive that they're going to do very well this year.

Doesn't matter... Hit all the baskets you want, you'll still lose...

GO CARDS!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 17/11/05 08:31 PM

I dont know whats going on with TTU teams. They must be reading their press clippings to much. As one of the commentators said,"Texas Tech is being humiliated by Syracuse." That was hard for me to hear.

mad

Re: NCAA Hoops - 17/11/05 09:33 PM

GG Cuse fans. We're just way too young to compete with your boys. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gils, 7 freshman isn't going to get you very far, even with the General in control. Look for a huge improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of the season though. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 18/11/05 04:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

GO CARDS!

[/b]
I don't know, we're kinda pissed about that loss last year.

at least we beat you in football

Re: NCAA Hoops - 18/11/05 06:02 AM

Quote:
GG Cuse fans. We're just way too young to compete with your boys. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gils, 7 freshman isn't going to get you very far, even with the General in control. Look for a huge improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of the season though. [ThumbsUp]
I wonder if practice for TT will start as soon as they hit the tarmac back at home. A couple of times Bobby's face was the same color as his shirt collar. At least TT didn't give up -- or at least didn't come across as having given up. Two of the best college coaches of all time on the same court is always exciting.

Look out FL - here we come.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 18/11/05 06:54 AM

#3 Texas is next for WVU on Monday, I guess this will the be test for them early in the season

Re: NCAA Hoops - 19/11/05 06:50 PM

i have a feeling texas is gonna threepeet this year. We already won baseball, we're gonna win football, and I hope we can win basketball. go UT.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 19/11/05 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
i have a feeling texas is gonna threepeet this year. We already won baseball, we're gonna win football, and I hope we can win basketball. go UT.
Well, although UT sports is at an alltime high right now, your "3-peat" can only occur with this coming baseball season, not last years. smile

On a side note, Tech had a great showing against Wake Forest and really should have won it (just one free throw damnit). Still, it's early in the year and give the General some time to work with these freshman, we could be a huge factor in the Big XII. [ThumbsUp]

Re: NCAA Hoops - 10/12/05 11:35 AM

#2 Texas does not look like it belongs there at halftime. As the Cameron Crazies will soon be cheering:

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 10/12/05 03:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]WVU does have 4 starters back. They are always better than they are given credit for, at least in past years.

GO CARDS!

[/b]
I don't know, we're kinda pissed about that loss last year.

at least we beat you in football[/b]
Just giving you a hard time. I'll cheer for WV whenever they're not playing us. Got to route for the Big East, no matter what. ESPECIALLY in football these day. Gonna' be a good game against Georgia, I think. WV doesn't get any credit for football at all, but y'all are a pretty strong team. Man, wish y'all didn't get matched up against Georgia, only 45 minutes away from their freaking campus, though!

Re: NCAA Hoops - 10/12/05 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
#2 Texas does not look like it belongs there at halftime. As the Cameron Crazies will soon be cheering:

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!!!!!
Well, I could of told you that. The horns are a top 15 team, but they are completely out of the league of the Dukies. Still, I thought they would have given them a game after seeing Duke almost lose at home to VaTech. Maybe that was a wake up call. It's going to be like 2-3 teams and everybody else.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 10/12/05 07:23 PM

yea, it didnt really go well for the longhorns today. we played sloppy and couldnt finish. oh well, its not the end of the world. but damn JJ Reddick is good.

Re: NCAA Hoops - 10/12/05 09:51 PM

I really was worried about Texas. I can't believe they played Tucker like they did. Yes, JJ is tremendous, but like every other (almost), he will be medicore in the NBA.