MLB Opening Day

Posted by: TenaciousD

MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 07:07 AM

Well, it's that time of year again......Anyone out there going to opening day?

I'll be at shea stadium in about 2 hours.....

GO METS!!!!!!

-D
Posted by: King Kobra

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 07:25 AM

You lucky bastard! I was calling the FAN all week trying to win tix. Im thinkin of blowin off school to go watch on TV

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 08:08 AM

Yeah I'm pretty psycehd about it.....I work in the sports industry so it was pretty easy to get the tix......

Lets Go Mets!!!!!!!

-D
Posted by: TravelingFool

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 12:23 PM

The Twinkies are now 1-0! Undefeated and still in first place, baby!!

Yankees suck,

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 01:22 PM

glad i stayed home for the Mets shalacking. Hope it was better at the stadium. [Wave]
Posted by: xterra2k

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 01:39 PM

Cincinnati is a buzz with the new Great American ball park.
GW senior is throwing the first pitch.
Maybe is doesn't know that the name is from an insurance company not just for america.

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by King Kobra:
glad i stayed home for the Mets shalacking. Hope it was better at the stadium. [Wave]
That was the most miserable experience I've ever had at a baseball game....not only did they get crushed, but I have never been that cold at shea before in my life.......the game time temperature was 39 degrees with a brisk 25 mph wind....I left after 6 innings. I figured once I couldn't stop shivering it was time to leave.

Hope today's performance wasn't an indicatore of things to come.

-D
Posted by: NismoXse02

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 03:04 PM

Let's go Chisox, baby!!

Great start, btw. 0-1. [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: PrimeX

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TenaciousD:
Quote:
[b]glad i stayed home for the Mets shalacking. Hope it was better at the stadium. [Wave]
That was the most miserable experience I've ever had at a baseball game....not only did they get crushed, but I have never been that cold at shea before in my life.......the game time temperature was 39 degrees with a brisk 25 mph wind....I left after 6 innings. I figured once I couldn't stop shivering it was time to leave.

Hope today's performance wasn't an indicatore of things to come.

-D[/b]
I'm going to our opening game tommorrow night here at Minute Maid Park. (I STILL hate that name.) Gametime temperature is supposed to be a brisk 70 degrees with a clear blue ski and low humidity. Great open roof baseball weather.

smile
Posted by: Guido

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
The Twinkies are now 1-0! Undefeated and still in first place, baby!!

Yankees suck,
Come on PNUT, sing along...

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score.
We're gonna win Twins watch that baseball soooar.
Cheer on the home team, shout a hip-hooray.
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins Today!!

cool [Wave]

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 09:23 PM

watching roger cedeno play centerfield is like watching a chicken with its head cut off. He misjudges and makes mistakes on fly balls that can be caught easily by good high school & college players
Posted by: kirby34

Re: MLB Opening Day - 31/03/03 09:57 PM

Quote:
watching roger cedeno play centerfield is like watching a chicken with its head cut off. He misjudges and makes mistakes on fly balls that can be caught easily by good high school & college players
A bit like watching Chipper Jones playing left field. Phil Nevin probably saved himself similar embarrassment by dislocating his shoulder and ending his season before it started.
Posted by: dyetye

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 06:49 AM

Went and saw the Royals win on opening day for the first time in 5 years. I think this is one of the first times that they've been above 500 for quite a while. Their closer was throwing heat yesterday.
Posted by: kirby34

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 09:15 AM

Speaking of closers, I know Rivera (Yankees), Hoffman (Padres), and Nen (Giants) are on the DL and the BoSox are doing the Bullpen by Committee thing, which obviously didn't work out very well against the D-Rays on opening day. Any other teams missing a closer - either on the DL or lacking one altogether? I noticed that the D-Backs have decided to put Byung-Hyun Kim into their starting rotation so that Mantei is their closer again. That should be interesting.

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kirby34:
Speaking of closers, I know Rivera (Yankees), Hoffman (Padres), and Nen (Giants) are on the DL and the BoSox are doing the Bullpen by Committee thing, which obviously didn't work out very well against the D-Rays on opening day. Any other teams missing a closer - either on the DL or lacking one altogether?
Well, Alfonseca (cubs) is on the DL, i think Dave Veres will be closing in the interim...so is Isringhausen (STL)....Steve Kline will get the save opps there.

-D
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 10:31 AM

It worked out for me, both the Yankees and the Phillies won yesterday. That Jeter thing was UGLY. eek

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 10:35 AM

Fawk! I just saw Nenn was on the DL. Who is closing for the Giants now? Back in early March, picking Hoffman and Nenn looked like a sure thing for my fantasy teams. frown
Posted by: MyGoldX

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PrimaryXtc:
Fawk! I just saw Nenn was on the DL. Who is closing for the Giants now? frown
Felix Rodriguez or Tim Worrell
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 12:15 PM

Oh do I love this time of year. Baseball is great. I am hoping for Junior to have a marvelous come back year. Look out for those Reds and Pirates.
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 12:34 PM

Prediction 1: Look for Eric Chavez to win the MVP this year and then leave the A's for more money ~ completing the A's-MVP-free agent-Trifecta. [Freak]

Prediction 2: Lou Pinella's head will explode on the field after Tampa Bay looses record 50 games in a row.

Prediction 3: Yankee's will trade for Miguel Tejada to fill in the injured Derek Jeter. The A's can't afford to resign him anyways.

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
Quote:
[b]Fawk! I just saw Nenn was on the DL. Who is closing for the Giants now? frown
Felix Rodriguez or Tim Worrell[/b]
So Giant fan, who would you chose to fill his spot on a fantasy team as a closer?

Signed,
Lastro Fan.

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Prediction 3: Yankee's will trade for Miguel Tejada to fill in the injured Derek Jeter. The A's can't afford to resign him anyways.
Personally....i think the Yankees will trade for Vizquel rather than Tejada....Oakland will probably hold onto him believing they have a shot at winning it all this year.

-D
Posted by: MyGoldX

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 01:36 PM

Quote:
/QUOTE]So Giant fan, who would you chose to fill his spot on a fantasy team as a closer?

Signed,
Lastro Fan.[/QB]
Rodriguez, Worrell is more of a set-up guy. Felix throws some serious heat

Nen will be back in May.....maybe, he is getting a little gray...

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 02:45 PM

Thank you sir. I can't believe I'm going to have to actually root for the Giants this year. :p

Having Bonds on my squad doesn't suck, though...

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 03:04 PM

Brings up an interesting question....is there an XOC fantasy baseball league.....

If anyone is interested I'll start one on Yahoo....no money or anything, just bragging rights.

-D
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: MLB Opening Day - 01/04/03 08:48 PM

Quote:
Brings up an interesting question....is there an XOC fantasy baseball league.....

If anyone is interested I'll start one on Yahoo....no money or anything, just bragging rights.

-D
I'm in.
Posted by: Alpine Hoy

Re: MLB Opening Day - 02/04/03 03:27 AM

Let's Go Bucs!

Re: MLB Opening Day - 02/04/03 06:37 AM

ok I created a league on Yahoo....

Fantasy Baseball
League ID#: 243604
Password: XOCXOC

There are 13 slots open...I set it up as an autodraft rather than try to coordinate a time for the live draft......

-D

Re: MLB Opening Day - 02/04/03 07:53 AM

Quote:
ok I created a league on Yahoo....

Fantasy Baseball

There are 13 slots open...I set it up as an autodraft rather than try to coordinate a time for the live draft......

-D
When is the autodraft supposed to happen? I am in by the way.

Re: MLB Opening Day - 02/04/03 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Quote:
[b]ok I created a league on Yahoo....

Fantasy Baseball

-D
When is the autodraft supposed to happen? I am in by the way.[/b]
I haven't set it yet....I'm gonna wait for teams to sign up, then I'll set the draft date

-D

Re: MLB Opening Day - 02/04/03 11:55 AM

Wonderboy, what is the secret to your power? Wonderboy, wont you take me far away from the mucky muck now! laugh
Posted by: Rockaholic

Re: MLB Opening Day - 04/04/03 11:21 AM

I'm signed up