POCKET DUMP!!!

Posted by: RNTKnives

POCKET DUMP!!! - 01/07/10 06:44 PM

OK... Let's start a "pocket dump" thread. Let's see what you carry around every day, including what's on your belt. The only thing I excluded was my clip for my phone... and yes, I carry this shit EVERY DAY! So... Here goes!
Jeff!
Posted by: XOC

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 01/07/10 06:51 PM

I will get a pic tomorrow. smile
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 01/07/10 09:20 PM

mine's not worth a pic... ass brick, keys, iphone.

I carry my H&K USPC 9 sometimes - but not every day

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 01/07/10 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaiser
mine's not worth a pic... ass brick....

You carry shit in your pants?
Posted by: coolpop

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 01/07/10 10:53 PM

I can understand the gun, the phone. The extra magazine; can't have too many slugs. The quartz crystal of course - almost everybody has one of these. The cigar cutter and the lighter, OK if you must. But THREE (3) knives?
Posted by: Joe-Nathan

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 02/07/10 12:13 PM

Jeff, it looks like you are ready for the forth coming Zombie attack.

That model 11 looks like it gets some use.
Posted by: theesublimeone

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 02/07/10 05:58 PM

Jeez, how many pockets do you have LOL

I usually have my iPhone, my wallet, my keys around my belt loop, and maybe some biscuits and poop bags from taking my dog for a walk

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 05/07/10 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: coolpop
I can understand the gun, the phone. The extra magazine; can't have too many slugs. The quartz crystal of course - almost everybody has one of these. The cigar cutter and the lighter, OK if you must. But THREE (3) knives?

Three knives comes from the Clint Smith axiom of "2 is 1, 1 is none". Also, I tailor which knife I use as to the "sheeple" in the room. I don't want to whip out a TOPS to cut the tags of a pair of sandals in the beach shop, but if I need a real blade to fall back on, I don't want the little Wegner.

Originally Posted By: Joe-Nathan
Jeff, it looks like you are ready for the forth coming Zombie attack.

That model 11 looks like it gets some use.

It's actually a Star BM in 9mm. It's my EDC and I trust it implicitly. It eats everything I feed it, and it hits everything I point it at. Kydex holsters aren't very blueing friendly.

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 05/07/10 07:37 PM

ok.. finally got my pic of my pocket fodder

I did not include the holster for the boom stick or the extra magazine and left the phone in the case since I keep that in my pocket rather than clip it to my belt.
Posted by: BlueSky

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/07/10 07:09 AM

What, you guys live in East L.A. or something? And no bazookas?
Posted by: Joe-Nathan

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/07/10 09:11 AM

I guess if I count the rounds in the mag I would have realized it was not a 45. It ain't the size that matters, it is how you use it that matter...at least that is what my wife tells me. frown

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/07/10 11:42 AM

I have had people ask me if I was expecting trouble... My response to them was if I was expecting trouble I would have brought my rifle. laugh
Posted by: swampwrecker

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/07/10 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RNTKnives
OK... Let's start a "pocket dump" thread. Let's see what you carry around every day, including what's on your belt. The only thing I excluded was my clip for my phone... and yes, I carry this shit EVERY DAY! So... Here goes!
Jeff!

So where are your truck keys?

-Michael
Posted by: skatchkins

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 08/07/10 09:21 AM

I'll play

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 08/07/10 11:24 AM

funny thing is.. I guessed you were in a southwestern state before I saw your location. Blistex gave you away.

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 08/07/10 12:18 PM

Lol. Yep good ol AZ desert white boy

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 08/07/10 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: swampwrecker

So where are your truck keys?

-Michael

Usually clip the truck keys on my Maxpedition Versapack... can't stand the jingling on my belt. LOL

Jeff!
Posted by: shabby

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 03:32 PM

A lady never shows what's in her purse..
Posted by: _Craic_

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 04:55 PM

Makes one wonder if ya'll lived in a city with actual crime what you would be carrying..............

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: _Craic_
Makes one wonder if ya'll lived in a city with actual crime what you would be carrying..............

This comes to mind.
Posted by: _Craic_

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 05:45 PM

good choice but the Latin Kings, Black Disciples as well as every other gang will still have you out gunned here. Not to mention "Johnny I gotta gun" types that just bought 10 since Chicago lost the handgun ban battle......

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 07:40 PM

From what I know most thugs flee when they face resistance. I don't think that most criminal types would stand around when someone shoots back.

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/07/10 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: XOC
From what I know most thugs flee when they face resistance. I don't think that most criminal types would stand around when someone shoots back.

Let's face it... most "thugs" don't even stand still to shoot.Only balls they've got is while they're wearing a 2 ton bullet resistant vehicle. But here we're gettin outside the parameters of the thread. Let's stay on task. Let's see what's in those pockets... armed or not.

Jeff!
Posted by: BigE515

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 26/07/10 04:35 PM

Where's your bear pepper spray? You are The Dog, right?
Posted by: Photo Trek

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 05:35 AM

Lets see...what's in my pockets and on my belt right now?

Calendar, swipe card, business cards, two pens, pocket notebook, pay stub. Thats my shirt.
Rip Hobble, pat down gloves, hand sanitizer, 2 pairs of rubber gloves, Gerber pocket knife. Thats my pants.

On the belt.....
Two magazines (24 rounds .40cal)
Two taser cartridges
handcuff key, car key
Sig Sauer P229R .40cal
ASP baton
Gerber multitool
Two handcuff pouches
large maglite
Small Stinger light
800mHz Radio with shoulder mike
5.5% OC spray
X26 Taser

I think that covers everything. Wallet kept in my briefcase in the car so I don't loose it.

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 10:53 AM

^^^Winner^^^

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 11:04 AM

No fair, that is your duty stuff. What do you carry when you are not "the man"?

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: XOC
No fair, that is your duty stuff. What do you carry when you are not "the man"?

Well, that is much less interesting. Lets see, keys in my right front pocket, and empty wallet in my back right pocket. Cell phone clipped to my waist. That's it, I travel light....unless I'm hiking with the camera. Since the back pack has a load bearing belt I can count all those items....right????

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Photo Trek
That's it, I travel light....unless I'm hiking with the camera. Since the back pack has a load bearing belt I can count all those items....right????

Nope... don't count. I don't count the stuff in my Maxpedition Versapack!

Jeff!

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 27/07/10 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Photo Trek
That's it, I travel light....unless I'm hiking with the camera. Since the back pack has a load bearing belt I can count all those items....right????

Nope... don't count. I don't count the stuff in my Maxpedition Versapack!

Jeff!

Well nuts!!! You're no fun. I have a wocket in my pocket.
Posted by: MBFlyerfan

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 05/10/10 10:01 PM

God, living in Jersey is such a different animal.
Posted by: Gonzo-2

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 06/10/10 04:24 AM

OK, no pic but...

Shirt pocket - paper with passwords for work, nice Cross pen
Pants pockets, right front - change, small bills, personal cell phone (crackberry style)
right back - wallet with way to much junk in it (not cash)
left back - empty (usually)
left front - Gerber pocket knife, truck keys, iPod Touch
Belt (if it counts) - work cell phone

I need to cut down...

-G
Posted by: TJ

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 06/10/10 01:29 PM

Either there's a freaky amount of armed people with Xterra's, or I am the only guy running around not packin?

My pockets would not even FIT a gun in a holster, let alone that and several knives, etc.

That said...I carry a fair amount of stuff for work in my pockets.

UV LED Flashlight, LED Inspection Light, KISS Knife, keys with little SOG Knife on key chain, change, wallet, leatherman, sharpie and ball point pens, Droid.

That's about it.

If I need more, its not going in my pockets.

laugh
Posted by: ProjectPatt587

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/10/10 06:28 AM

Just my wallet (or "ass brick" I think it was referred to as earlier in this thread), cell phone, keys to the X, my Craftsman box cutter, and my Coin given to me by the adjutant general of the TN National Guard.

If I need anything else its probably in my X....
Posted by: granitex

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 07/10/10 01:24 PM

God,,

all that I have is a hole in my pocket,,,and nobody wants to see a picture of that.
Posted by: littleferris68

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 11/10/10 06:37 AM

cant get pic to size down...

-cell phone
-car keys (yes...i said car...not an x owner yet....)
-red and black pen and pencil
-2 small notepads
-wallet
-restricted access badge for the flightline on base
-Skoal Spearment (if you chew...this is greatness in a tin)
-mechanics gloves
-blue latex gloves

joys of being an aircraft mechanic. total of 12 pockets on my uniform.
Posted by: tipmn85

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/11/10 06:32 PM

Don't have a picture to share. But...

-Keys
-Smokes and lighter
-Wallet
-Phone
-Lint
Posted by: jkc

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 05/01/11 02:28 AM

Greg

Exceptional photography on your website, congratulations!!

When I went through training, we were issued S&W Mod. 10's (just to give you an idea how long ago :-). By the time I retired, my sidearm was a Glock, backup was a venerable S&W Mod. 19, and in my vehicle was an MP5.

Nowadays, I have dog cookies in my right front pants pocket, poop bags, in my right hind pocket, left hind is wallet, left front is cash. In my vehicle is a fly rod, a spinning rod, and a Glock 27.

Be safe out there everyone.
Posted by: RedX03

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 03/02/11 05:04 PM

Just to keep this thread going-

Gerber Answer SM
Kobalt folding utility knife
Xterra keys (hehe)
pepper spray on keys
Florida State wallet
Verizon Blackberry Bold with leather holster
gum (always have gum damnit)
Costa Del mar sunglasses

Pistols-

When I actually do carry a pistol, it's an open carry, or it just stays in a locked part of the truck.

Pistols-
Beretta Px4 Storm .40 cal
Ruger LCP .380 cal (hollow-point ammo)
S&W XD9 9 mil

I hardly ever carry a gun, usually I'll only grab one when I'm headed out to the trail (private) for off-roading and shooting, or when I know I might be in a bad part of town.

RC
Posted by: Connomm

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 04/02/11 01:07 AM

Let's see what I've got:

-Wallet
-Phone
-Small carabiner with house keys
-Huge carabiner with key to my X
-2 lighters (lost my zippo on a ski trip in NM)
-Matches
-Half pack of smokes
-iPod
-Cuzzi
-Guitar picks
-Sheffield knife
-Butterfly for more serious situations
-Pen
-Cheapo sunglasses

Other than a bit of lint, that's it. All my really random items are in my toolbox.
Posted by: hydroen

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 25/03/11 06:07 PM

for me on a pocket dump everyday....

Shirt- 2 m9 magazine pouches full of ammo two - three m4 magazines fully loaded one loaded and bullet in chamber on safe m4 strapped around my chest... second chance vest under top...

belt- tactical flashlight asp x26 taser two handcuffs and m9 berreta on fire with one in the chamber fully loaded and a radio with whisper mic strapped around my shoulder...

in pockets- coast 3" tactical knife pen droid x cell phone... notebook in the thigh pocket a grease pen in cafe pen pocket with black permie pocket and tactical gloves in non firing side thigh pocket and most importantly a pack of marlboro methol cigs and atleast two lighters

on special days wear a flak vest and kevlar helmet smile all for 14 days everyday all day baby
Posted by: hydroen

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 25/03/11 06:10 PM

where you stationed at?
Posted by: AnthonyS

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 11/06/11 10:17 AM

Jeff!

I'm going to assume you're in law-enforcement. That "wallet" is your shield case. 9mm sidearm, flashlight, but why the 3 folding lock blades. I also see you're a cigar aficionado. lol
Posted by: ymbhonk

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 22/06/11 09:25 AM

Wallet
CRKT knife
ID
Keys to office and my spare lock
Flashlight
Extra Mag
9mm Baretta
Gerber
not to mention my belt is a 2 1/2 lbs rigger belt

Although im deployed so i guess you could say I carry a little more:
like my 7 PMAGs with 210 rounds, a compass, protactor, 3 notebooks, 4 E-SAPI plates, helmet light, M4 with optics, Plate carrier, Medic pouch, seatbelt cutter, 9mm mag, night vision with mounts, chem lights, and a camleback.
Posted by: Auditor

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 24/07/11 11:31 AM

Cool 'game'.

Posted by: CaliO

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 28/09/11 10:24 PM

I hate to be the n00b prick but that gun is cocked!!! And i don't see any cabbage in these pics!! Lol...

No guns needed I'm family to "potatoe & onion town" if you have a clue what that means. Hell I don't even remove my keys from my vehicles EVER! Lol....

Pockets Now:
wallet
cash
safe key
safe key
my house key
his house key
they're house key
cigarette butts (hate throwing them on the ground)
hair tie
bank & misc. receipts
rugby cell phone
Posted by: CaliO

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 28/09/11 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: _Craic_

You've never been to the desert of AZ or the swamps of GA, have you? dirty "___" down there. (add whatever racial slur you want)
Posted by: Muddogg

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 06/10/11 09:44 PM

ha ha ha thats a .45 theyre supposed to be cocked. in my pockets
Ruger P94 .40
2 mags
spring loaded benchmade
maual benchmade
keys to the X and the wifes toyota
gun safe key
safe key
cell phone
wallet
1 .40 blacktalon round just in case I need one more which I honestly dont.
Posted by: Mobycat

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 14/11/11 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: CaliO
I hate to be the n00b prick but that gun is cocked!!!

I was thinking the same thing.
Posted by: kuro

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 13/05/12 10:06 AM

I will get a pic

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 15/05/12 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: CaliO
I hate to be the n00b prick but that gun is cocked!!!

1911 type sidearm is made to carry "cocked & locked"... safest pistol platform ever devised.
Posted by: Fang

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 20/05/12 09:04 PM

Gee, I thought this was the XOC. By the way, the pro's don't advertise their goods.
Posted by: Fang

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 20/05/12 09:13 PM

Say WHUT? I thought I signed up for the XOC!
Posted by: seb

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/06/12 05:36 PM

finger nail clippers? haha
Posted by: Ignatowski

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 09/10/12 08:28 AM

New member here - just joined so I can research the Xterra. But I thought this thread was interesting....

Just wanted to share a link to something very similar...

http://everyday-carry.com/

I'm not affiliated with that site at all - but when I saw this thread thought you guys would find it interesting.
Posted by: Rainman_mark

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 22/02/13 11:12 PM

I will get a pic tomorrow of someone shoving a dildo up me ass... smile
Posted by: jgas

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 24/07/13 12:25 AM

I guess I'm a wimp. I don't carry that much. Keys, wallet, (which has 100 xtra $, plus whatever cash I think I need for a week. Debit card, fishing license, flat wallet styled compass, condoms). Lightweight FEG 9mm Makarov semiauto, double/single action with a safety. The first trigger pull on double action takes a winch and 10 seconds to pull, but it shoots every time. Rounds 2-6 on single the trigger works like a match grade. Sometimes I just carry an old H&R .22 9 shot revolver that has had the hammer ground off and the barrel shortened to 2" so it's single action only and has no front sight, but it always shoots. I either carry a Gerber large folder or a lightweight Gerber folder. Cell phone. Gum. Notepad and pen. (Terrible memory problems). Tiny flashlight on my keyring. Cig lighter, although I don't smoke.

I usually keep a "fag bag" fanny pack in the truck loaded with a full size Taurus model 96 9mm with a 17 rd mag in the gun and another 19rd mag spare. 250 lumen large flashlight. The Taurus has a light lazer combo, so I always have at least 3 flashlights, one on the gun, keychain light, and bright light. The fanny pack usually has a bottle of water, small compass, 20$ bill, copy of my DL and retired military ID and VA card. I have a clean bandana inside of a zip lock bag for dressing a wound, and usually carry a tampon to plug a wound. Snake bite kit with a surgical razor and suction cup for the venom.

In addition I usually have a homemade hollow aluminum walking stick in the truck which has 40 ft. of fishing line, a couple of lures, hooks, spare small compass, lighter, small Gerber multitool, (similar to a Leatherman), and a space blanket stuffed inside. It has 50 feet of paracord wrapped around the outside. I also have quite a bit of camo duct tape wrapped around the walking stick which can be pulled off for various things. Inside the walking stick I also have 10 rnds of .22 and 10 of 9mm as emergency ammo. I usually have a 9mm on me or in the vehicle as well as a .22 rifle or pistol stashed.

I also have a small backpack in the truck with an MRE, energy bars, needed medication, Sterno, flashlight, small fishing kit, thin aluminum pie pan to cook on, which can be folded very small, more paracord, fillet knife, extra flashlight batteries, a magazine or book in a ziplock bag, (which can be used to read or fire kindling). Water. Cotton balls soaked in Vaseline, best fire starter ever. You can actually cook with enough of them. Last but not least, a flask of bourbon or brandy. Another space blanket. I often have a cheap sleeping bag along, and a big 55 gallon thick mil garbage bag. If its cold you can cut small arm and a head hole in it, wear it underneath your clothes even if they are wet and it will hold in most body heat and cut wind chill.

I'm forgetful as heck and feel the need to be redundant and paranoid, and live in the country, poor or no cell reception so if the truck breaks, I might need to spend at least the night in the woods. Oh, and last but not least, and other than the liquor the most important thing: comfortable walking shoes and extra dry socks in case I have to abandon the vehicle and walk a bit.

I went off on a tangent away from the pocket stuff but I think it is all stuff anyone should carry if they live miles from any help and get away from main roads. Everyone knows that if you carry everything you need, nothing will ever happen!
Posted by: jcstill

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 28/04/14 02:35 PM

We share similar carry. I loose about 6lbs every night when I come home and empty things. blush
Posted by: Caiden

Re: POCKET DUMP!!! - 12/08/15 03:39 AM

I guess if I count the rounds in the mag I would have realized it was not a 45. It ain't the size that matters, it is how you use it that matter...at least that is what my wife tells me.