How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X?

Posted by: Anonymous

How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 06:20 PM

I have owned my X for a about 3 months now, and for the first time today washed it by hand, top to bottom. Even vaccumed it out, windexed the windows, cleaned the tires, and detailed the whole inside. It took me about 3 hours :rolleyes: Just wondering about how long it takes u guys to clean yours? Then again I NEVER seen clean X's on the road laugh

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 06:35 PM

between washing, buffing, waxing and polishing- about 2hours.. interior- vacuum, wipe clean, vinyl protectant, shampoo everything, terminated and put back together, about 2 hours..

or, the alternative.. hand the keys over to the bf to take the truck to work with him and do all of the above..no time smile

id say ya did good with 3 hours.. usually i just use the ol'chiwala and some quick detailer on it- thats about 15 minutes if even..

are your windows tinted? its not good to use windex on tints- the ammonia turns the tint purple.

even tho i like a clean vehicle- these trucks tend to look good whether they're clean or dirty laugh

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 07:11 PM

I just washed mine today for the first time and waxed it. The inside is still pretty clean but I still spruced it up. It took me an hour and a half to wash and wax it. I clean the windows with winshield wiper fluid on a cloth.

I posted a pic of her sparkling in the pics section.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 07:58 PM

Dont its a 4x4. Ok, ok we might clean it for the first couple of years....My current trail rig gest shoveled out when ever the sticks, critters, dirt and rocks gets 6' deep or so smile

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 08:15 PM

I drove a couple of hours in the rain today, so I guess it took me a couple of hours this time.

I do actually need to clean the inside up at some point - I think I'm carrying around at least 100 lbs of dog hair...

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 22/05/05 10:05 PM

took me a little under 3 hours interior/exterior. had my girl do a half fast job, it took her 30 mins. looked the same when she was done [Huh?]

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 11:35 AM

I spend about an hour or two doing the interior. Armor all the dash, vacuume, hose off floor mats, clean the windows, and reorginize the stuff in the cargo area. I usually leave the exterior dirty until it starts to get bird crap on it. then it takes about 2 hours to clean and wax. I always wax when I wash to give a little more protection between washing since I leave it dirty for a long time.
Posted by: Cygnus-X1

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 01:12 PM

Mine gets a wash and wax twice a year. 2 hrs tops (after that I'm bored and don't give crap anymore). My X is 5 years old now...no rust, looks new, minimal effort.
Posted by: DocNo

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 04:29 PM

I used to loath washing it - takes four times as long as the Miata - makes sense, it's four times as big smile Now, I use the Mr. Clean car wash system and the spot free wash is a godsend - now instead of spending a half an hour of wiping it down, I just rinse it off and let it dry. Love it....

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 04:38 PM

I was skeptical but tried the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash and it does work. It saves time because you don't have to dry the vehicle yourself to avoid water spots.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 05:25 PM

Three beers.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeX:
I was skeptical but tried the Mr. Clean Autodry car wash and it does work. It saves time because you don't have to dry the vehicle yourself to avoid water spots.
i have that Mr Clean thing as well- works wonders on my moms green truck.. works like poop on my blac truck :rolleyes: it takes care of the majority of the water spots but I still have to go over it with some quick detailer afterwards to make sure all the spots are gone (when i clean..im anal about it being totally clean..no half assed jobs here) smile

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 23/05/05 08:52 PM

Dont forget to remove the air dam and wash/wax there too.. Dirt does get under that rubber gasket and scratches the hell out of your finish. Some use 3M clear tape under the rubber to protect the paint. cool

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 03:53 AM

Quote:
Three beers.
... occasionally reaches 5 or 6 [Wave]
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 06:13 AM

It's the Honda that kills me... there is a wash/wax system out there by the Zaino brothers (called the Zaino system!) that is the BEST thing available (and priced accordingly).

I spent SEVEN hours washing, rewashing, clay bar-ing, waxing, waxing, waxing, waxing, and waxing that sucker. Looked really nice when I was done, though laugh

The X? I've washed/waxed it once in the past two years... probably spent 2 hours on it.
Posted by: babyX

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 09:32 AM

About 2 minutes in that touchless car wash thing at the gas station. laugh

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 11:59 AM

I have you beat. About 30 seconds to sign my signature to the slip I get from the detailing company that washes my car inside and out. (I am lazy sometimes)
Posted by: GrayHam

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
About 2 minutes in that touchless car wash thing at the gas station. laugh
Spend the extra dollar for the Supreme Wash.

10 minutes of luxury.

BTW, I'll get around to using the detail gift-certificate. [ThumbsUp]
Posted by: babyX

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 03:18 PM

Did you check to make sure it doesn't expire???

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 24/05/05 08:00 PM

Wash? [Huh?] Wash [Freak] ?

Hmmm what a novel idea. [LOL]
Posted by: off2cjb

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 25/05/05 10:06 AM

As long as the rain lasts.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 25/05/05 12:30 PM

A run through an auto car wash does it for me. Unfortunately I don't have nearly the time to wax and scrub her; I would if I could, it really needs some clay bar right about now.

If I do have spare time I have other things that I need or want to do like drinking beer with buddies, camping out, wheeling, sleeping, you get the idea.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 26/05/05 11:25 AM

any products out there I should stay away from when washing and waxing?

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 26/05/05 05:58 PM

Exterior-usually 2 hours top to bottom; 4x a year. Although I do wipe it down twice a month.
Interior-about half hour; 2x a month.
I think I overdue it.
Posted by: defibvt

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 28/05/05 05:15 PM

I take it to a local place and let them do it. I am tired of washing vehicles. Besides, I can relax in air conditioning and watch them work.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 28/05/05 07:05 PM

It took me exactly 6 minutes, the same time it always does. $4.00 twice a week, rain or shine. 4:00 soap and water, some brushing. The 2:00 of rinsing, some wiping.
Posted by: bluztraveler

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 28/05/05 07:45 PM

A good top to bottem wash 45 min.
Posted by: Jdawg

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 29/05/05 08:59 PM

I just washed mine today...took 3 hours. The longest part is putting this armorall protectorant stuff on the plastic that is suppose to keep it from fading. Not sure how well it works cause it seems to wash off after a week, anyone else use it?

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 06/06/05 06:55 PM

30 mins and look what I found this past weekend under all that road dirt!

Dllover home
Posted by: Matt Peckham

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 06/06/05 07:12 PM

usually between 6 monts and 9 months. I'm really slow.

It only takes about 3 years if I want to wax it.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 07/06/05 06:20 AM

10 mintues for a free car wash at the dealership. 3 hrs to hand wash and detail.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 12/10/05 08:53 PM

I live in vancouver...it's like a touchless car wash everyday. FREE!

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 13/10/05 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby B.:
Three beers.
[ThumbsUp] 3-B all the way.
Really I wash it as often as I can in the winter and maybe once a month in the summer. Muddy is cool and all but I prefer not to have rust for a while, and if the bumper, lift, lights and rock sliders make me a "poser" because it's clean, so be it.
almost forgot about three hours, four if it's clay based mud.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 13/10/05 05:34 PM

for me it depends.Where I work is located on a secondary road that is mainly dirt,so I could spend all day washing and waxing my X,and then after one day of sitting at work,you would never know I washed it.I usually go to a carwash and wash it once a week just to get all of the grime off.
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 13/10/05 08:35 PM

Just a wash takes about 10 minutes, but if I do a full detail it takes an entire day!

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 13/10/05 08:46 PM

don't wash unless I'm going to wax it, then its a full afternoon. Springtime I usually take all the crappy winter dirt and grime off at the car wash.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 08:05 AM

What is this washing and waxing thing? I spend $2 at the hose it off yourself place to knock the mud off and clearing out the radiator.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 10:29 AM

too long, thats why i dont...

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 03:40 PM

About 2 hours. But in the past week there was no need. 16 inches of rain so far and it's still raining!

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 06:59 PM

If i do it top to bottom it takes me 6 hours
wash 1 hour
wax 1.5 hours
vacume .5 hours
wheels .5 hours
shampoo 2 hours
detail .5 hours
picture taking, priceless

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 07:44 PM

Losers I wait for the Elk to pee on mine.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 14/10/05 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Losers I wait for the Elk to pee on mine.
[Spit] [LOL]

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 15/10/05 11:56 AM

Takes me about 20 seconds to hand my keys to the detail guy in the parking structure at work, and about another 20 seconds to pick it up after work and it's all clean ! ! ! Pretty much effortless [LOL]

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 15/10/05 05:28 PM

It takes me about 3 hours to clean everything inside and out. It's a big car. But then again, its really not worth so much effort, I park outside so its a huge waste. It gets dirty just by sitting there for 12 hours on a clear night.

With the windshield so upright, it catches every bug that is unfortunate enough to be infront of it.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 15/10/05 05:29 PM

If you want to do a quick clean to make your X look cleaner, all you have to do is clean the freaking brake dust that accumulates so fast on the front alloys. jeez its so annoying to clean that.

Re: How Long Does It Take You To Wash Your X? - 17/10/05 05:00 AM

I cleaned mine out yesterday. Only because I had been to my buddy's ranch. It's a real 4x4 and looks like it. I rotated my tires and cleaned all the dirt out of the inside of the rims and wheel wells. That ought to give another mpg. I'll wash it and clean it again after the next trip to the ranch.

Wax? Isn't that what you get out of your ears? Then you wipe it on your truck? :rolleyes: