Body coloered bumper cover

Posted by: Anonymous

Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 04:43 PM

A local dealership is painting the bumper covers of Xterras body color as well as adding leather interiors and dash cover kits. Turns a 24,000 truck into 30K+ [Freak] You can sell anything in L.A. as long as it has "bling" factor. Why did I move here eek

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 05:01 PM

So they just paint the bumper covers? How good does that look to paint plastic? [Freak]
Posted by: sdx

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SLX:
A local dealership is painting the bumper covers of Xterras body color as well as adding leather interiors and dash cover kits. Turns a 24,000 truck into 30K+ [Freak] You can sell anything in L.A. as long as it has "bling" factor. Why did I move here eek
You know you can't just say that, pictures!!!!!! wink
Posted by: sandmanX

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SLX:
Yes... one dealership is somehow indicative of the entire southern half of California.

:rolleyes:
Posted by: RI Xterra

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 07:35 PM

I see a silver 01' every so often with a color matched front bumper on it and it actually doesn't look all that bad...

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 08:34 PM

Here are a few pics of painted bumper covers. As RI Xterra stated they don't look that bad. Oh, did I forget the chrome plated factory wheels. [Smoking]

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 08:37 PM

That looks....interesting. I guess I find it odd that they took the time to paint the bumpers and the headlight housings, but left the side-moulding black. [Freak]

I'm just too used to seeing black bumpers on the X.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 09:10 PM

thats kinda cool, gives it a different look. would take some getting used to tho... thanks for sharing [ThumbsUp] just noticed that they painted the mud flaps too [Freak]

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 20/02/05 09:26 PM

I wouldn't get it done...but hey it does look pretty good in silver if you ask me, they def. need to lose the mud flaps though.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 21/02/05 06:07 AM

It looks pretty good, but i think it takes away from the ruggedness and makes it loook like a forerunner or something. I definitely like the duel colors.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 21/02/05 10:06 AM

I was in China recently. The Palidins (Chinese version of the X)have painted bumpers.
http://www.nissan-paladin.com.cn/

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 21/02/05 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
I was in China recently. The Palidins (Chinese version of the X)have painted bumpers.
Interesting Truck (Paladin). Looks like they're going more upscale with X over there - More 4Runner as someone else mentioned.

leather, wood(ish) trim, etc...

Notice that the 4wd knob is missing. Guess the Chinese know how to use a lever. No wonder they're taking over the world.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 21/02/05 11:31 AM

looks alright.......hard to like it when you are used to the normal bumper colours......probably would chip or scratch easily and then look shitty........different though

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 26/02/05 03:11 PM

toooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooool how do I get that done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 26/02/05 03:38 PM

I like it. It is a fair amount of work to do, with all the prep that goes into painting it. IMO diffent is always cool...as long as Nissan does'nt start doing it to all its trucks.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 17/03/06 04:45 PM

I kind of like it, it would have looked better if there was some contrast--should left the headlight surrounds black IMO.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 17/03/06 06:20 PM

I wonder what it would look like if the bumpers and grill would look like if they were painted like a glossy gunmetal type color.
Posted by: ChuckH

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 18/03/06 02:38 AM

You can get away with it with Silver, but it looks like total ass with any other color, especially Yellow. And even worse is when it's done to the original Xterra, or when the step rails and rack are done too. eek confused But the biggest problem is that it won't last; especially on the rear corner pieces and it will chip and flake away.
Posted by: BigE515

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 18/03/06 06:13 AM

Poor X, you know that thing is going to have a gold grill, headlight housings and mudflaps within days after it's purchased. To go along with the 22" gold rims. frown
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 19/03/06 06:57 PM

Can you tell me where in Southern Cali that dealership is? I'm considering painting my rear bumper corners and side molding black to match the eventual aftermarket calmini/shrock bumpers. I was thinking of doing it myself but it might be worth it if the price is right to have the dealer do it.

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 19/03/06 07:34 PM

wow i must say that looks pretty nice on the paladin. the car is pretty nice also, i like the leather and such. The front looks like a cross between an old xterra, new xterra, and 03' style pathfinder.

the painted bumper cover on the xterra on this thread looks crappy, they didnt match it right. (i think)

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 23/03/06 06:53 AM

I wonder what it would look if somebody put the chrome bumper and grill from a 98-00 Frontier and got the back bumper chromed too. I think it might look like an Armada.
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 23/03/06 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
I like it....
You would [LOL] laugh
Posted by: RJ

Re: Body coloered bumper cover - 23/03/06 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
The Paladin is still based off the classic X?