Shamokin run

Posted by: SARXterra

Shamokin run - 21/03/04 10:35 AM

Ok MAXC members,

Anyone up for a Saturday or Sunday run thru Shamokin/Centrila? Just some nice coal mine road running and maybe some sloppy mud with all the melting snow?

Let me know either by email or here.

Thanks,
Travis

Re: Shamokin run - 22/03/04 04:16 PM

Update...

I am planning a trip for this coming Sunday -> 3/28/2004. I and hopefully a group of friends will be leaving Harrisburg Area around 9am and heading north on 81. We will be stopping in Frackville for refreshments then onto Centrila for some photo ops then later on to Shamokin and out rt 125. Anyone up for meeting us along that route let me know.

Travis
Posted by: jorge

Re: Shamokin run - 22/03/04 07:34 PM

There are going to be a bunch of people at Rausch Creek this weekend.
Posted by: LT DAN

Re: Shamokin run - 26/03/04 05:51 AM

Coming to my hometown? I just got back from overseas two weeks ago and got the X out of storage. I'd like to meet up with you guys and maybe show you some new trails since this is where I grew up. A couple of us are headed to Paragon next Sat also.

Re: Shamokin run - 29/03/04 10:41 AM

Sorry Dan that we missed yeah, Wish I had 2 more Xterras with us, since we bypassed trails due to the low ground clearence on the Tracker that was with us. But all in all it was great day, definte repeat very very soon, probally end of April. I will post pics as soon as they get developed since the Digital Camera was not present.

Travis
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Shamokin run - 29/03/04 12:01 PM

I was at shamokin last year when I had my zr2. I have the x now, but haven't made it back yet. Some nice trails out there. It's a good time.
mike

Re: Shamokin run - 29/03/04 07:25 PM

Well here are some pics from Shamokin this last weekend.

Before: Start of Shamokin
During: Shamokin 2
Jeep Oops: Cherokee This Cherokee dam near was on its side 2 seconds before I took this photo.

And yes the step rails are still on but as soon as the IRS Refund gets here the Shrockworks will be ordered.
Posted by: LT DAN

Re: Shamokin run - 01/04/04 08:28 AM

Well, I didn't get far myself. I spent Sat installing a winch and went offroading most of the night. (A word to the wise, come summer, Shamokin's trails become flooded with vehicles at night for bon-fire/keg parties. A few are high school kids we stay away from, but most are guys like us out with their rigs having a good time.) Anyway, Sun led to a disaster when I climbed the first hill leading to the trails and busted a tie-rod. Thankfully I was 1 mile away from home and drug it back. Now I'm waiting for Calmini's steering kit.

Re: Shamokin run - 01/04/04 09:20 AM

Dam, that sucks...I took a closer look at a topo map of the area and a I found were you and Mike entered the trails, you were on the other side of Shamokin, have to come over there and go up that side. laugh