November Mod Day

Posted by: slamson00

November Mod Day - 27/10/05 01:36 PM

For those of you like me that need to get some work done on or add something to your Xterra but are a little on the novice side when it comes to wrenching on your truck (or you just like to work in a group setting) Huey has offered up his garage for another "Mod" Day.

We are going to have it on November 12th, 2005....starting at 9:30am. Of course Huey is nice enough to lend out his expertise, garage and tools......you just have to add in the elbow grease and parts to get the work done you need to do (whether it be adding a bumper to simply doing an oil change).

Use the following address to mapquest directions to Huey's house:

3105 D St.
Hayward, CA 94541

I will bring donuts and juice to start the day.......of course any work you need to do we would just ask that you bring all the needed parts/fluids/accessories to finish the job. Also....if you are changing fluids if you could bring some extra shop rags or towels that would be much apprecaited as well. Disposal containers would be a big plus as well.

So if your coming.....sign up below and list what you hope to get done and what time you plan on being there. Thanks!!
--------------------------------------

1. Slamson00; install PML front and back; Calmini idler arm brace, replace rear window regulator; 9:30am
Posted by: XSAL

Re: November Mod Day - 03/11/05 09:02 AM

I'm not sure if I have anything on my own to work on, but I might just show up and help you guys... smile

Re: November Mod Day - 03/11/05 12:18 PM

Sounds great Akio.....if you in the area come on by. smile
Posted by: KaiOtiK

Re: November Mod Day - 04/11/05 10:14 PM

Hey All,
Count me in...
I have a few bulbs to change, and George & I are going to make his light bar and install some off-road lights.

So if your coming.....sign up below and list what you hope to get done and what time you plan on being there. Thanks!!
--------------------------------------

1. Slamson00; install PML front and back; Calmini idler arm brace, replace rear window regulator; 9:30am
2. Akio; To Help Out
3. Andy; Bulbs, George's Light Bar & Light Install
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: November Mod Day - 04/11/05 11:39 PM

2. Akio; To Help Out
4. George, yup i'll be there. laugh
Posted by: Huey

Re: November Mod Day - 07/11/05 10:31 PM

BUMP!

BTW, the Eagle is officially gone. The rolling shell was towed away by it's new owner a few weeks ago. frown
Posted by: kirby34

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Huey:
BUMP!

BTW, the Eagle is officially gone. The rolling shell was towed away by it's new owner a few weeks ago. frown
Bummer. Well, time to get a G35x! Uh, assuming Infiniti ever decides to make it in a COUPE. Heh.
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 09:11 AM

Quote:
BUMP!

eek Whoa! Gave up on it, huh? After all that work we just did to it, too! wink

So, what's on your short list of replacement commuter cars?

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by A Katonk:
Bummer. Well, time to get a G35x! Uh, assuming Infiniti ever decides to make it in a COUPE. Heh.
I love love LOVE! the way the G35 coupe looks, as a matter of fact I went to test drive it a few weeks ago, but it's impracticality got in my way...the trunk is wayyyy small (there's a diagram in there that shows *or proves to you*, that you can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in there) and very shallow, you can't fit real humans in the back seat, and there was an awful lot of road/wind noise at speed for a luxury vehicle. It's so bad I would just rather get a Z and be smart about the space issues.

The sedan on the other-hand is just not my cup of tea...

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
eek Whoa! Gave up on it, huh? After all that work we just did to it, too! wink

So, what's on your short list of replacement commuter cars?
Yeah, i just didn't want to start tearing down the engine so that I can drive it for another year only to keep thinking about buying a better car. I basically cut my loses on it. BTW, I don't think I will ever buy another Mitsubishi.

Soooo...the list is sooooooo short that i already bought it! laugh but, you will have to stop by this weekend if you want to see what I bought. smile

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 12:11 PM

Quote:
...Soooo...the list is sooooooo short that i already bought it! laugh but, you will have to stop by this weekend if you want to see what I bought. smile
That alone is a good enough reason for me to come up this weekend to see the car... I mean to help Ryan... :p
Posted by: olebiker

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 05:26 PM

Ya'll need a welder/iron fab' tools?

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 05:33 PM

Wow sounds like Huey is inviting us to crawl through his new ride and check it out? Your new car smell may not last as long as you thought if I work on the truck first then go climbing through your new car? laugh

By the way.....does anyone have a SWR meter I can use on Saturday to help tune my CB radio and antenna set up? If you are coming and have one I would really appreciate it if you could bring it along with you. Thanks

Ryan

Re: November Mod Day - 08/11/05 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
...By the way.....does anyone have a SWR meter I can use on Saturday to help tune my CB radio and antenna set up?...
I'll bring one over... I hope I can remember... [Uh Oh !]
Posted by: slomatt

Re: November Mod Day - 09/11/05 05:09 PM

I've already driven Huy's new car, so I'm going to ruin his surprise (sorry Huy). It's a beast! Here's a picture.

Huy\'s new ride

- Matt

Re: November Mod Day - 09/11/05 05:30 PM

Wow... Zoom, zoom... [Spit]

Re: November Mod Day - 09/11/05 08:00 PM

Not just any Yugo, a TURBO Yugo! Matt's thinking about selling his WRX for one also. wink

Here's a better pic. laugh

Re: November Mod Day - 09/11/05 08:41 PM

will plan on being there also. hope to install sliders.

2. Akio; To Help Out
4. George, yup i'll be there. [Big Grin]
5. Chris , I got my new shrockworks sliders(2005) and could use some help

Re: November Mod Day - 10/11/05 08:09 AM

i may show up to lend a hand & hang out ...

2. Akio; To Help Out
6. Robert

Re: November Mod Day - 10/11/05 09:04 AM

Just to update work load for me:

1. Slamson00; install PML front and back; Calmini idler arm brace, install and tune CB antenna; 9:30am
2. Akio; To Help Out
6. Robert

Re: November Mod Day - 10/11/05 01:26 PM

Hey Andy, I saw ur Rig off Whipple near the Dealerships on my lunch break.
Posted by: KaiOtiK

Re: November Mod Day - 10/11/05 10:34 PM

Yep, you did...

I was getting some diamond plate sheet metal at Alan Steel for my powertank mount. I need to extend my mount out about 3 inches.

I took Thursday thru next Tuesday off work...YEA!
A well deserved break...

You'll see the completed powertank project on Saturday...

I'll see you all there: [Wave]

PS: NiCe CaR HuEy...?@#%$^&*

Re: November Mod Day - 11/11/05 09:44 AM

FYI... I wll likely to be there early afternoon. I have to do oil changes on 2 cars in the morning...

BTW, Bob says "Hi" to everyone... He finally settled w/ a good job, and they now live...or work (I forgot) near Tulsa, OK. They are also completing the process of buying a house on a 5-Acre lot. eek

Re: November Mod Day - 13/11/05 08:38 AM

I want to thank everyone for coming out and making yesterday a productive day.....and thanks again Huey for loaning out your garage and tools....and to eveyone else that brought tools for everyone to use thanks as well.

By the way.....with my PML in place I made it into my garge by less than a 1/4". I am going to have to drive in real slow untill the back settles back down a little. laugh

Re: November Mod Day - 15/11/05 08:25 PM

did you put in aal's, or shackles.. if it was shackles, try fitting on empty.. you may have "fun".. the shackles won't make the back settle any* faster then stock.

* if you can cause the rear springs to overarch, like jumping, or hard core offroading. You will damage them, and make them settle faster then normal.
Posted by: kirby34

Re: November Mod Day - 16/11/05 02:43 AM

Um. So....where are the pics of Huey's new car, dammit?!! Hehe. I would've liked to have been there if for no other reason than to offer Ryan the SWR meter I have which I'll probably not need again, but you know my work schedule - I was fast asleep at the time.

Re: November Mod Day - 16/11/05 09:48 AM

Have you been able to tune your antenna, Ryan?

What I did realized later was...when I called Huey on his cell about noon on that day, the reception on Huey's side was bad. He thought that my cell was having a problem. Later on, when I called my home from outside of Huey's house, I couldn't understand much of what Catherine was saying on the other end...even though I had 3 out of 6 antenna...bars. And, typically 3 is enough to hear clearly.

So, as we guessed, the area around Huey's house must have some sort of strong interference of some sort...that didn't allow proper tuning of your CB antenna...

Oh, yeah... Huey's new car is nice! Black leather interior, and silver exterior... :p

Re: November Mod Day - 16/11/05 10:25 AM

Actually yeah I think I got it. It was very strange though....I borrow my uncle's SWR meter and hooked it up. I was getting the exact same off the chart reading that you were getting Akio at my house (no power lines) that you were getting on your SWR meter in front of Huey's place. After trying EVERYTHING I could think of....checking all connections and tuning every which way you can think of. I ditched the ARB mount and used the stainless steel 3 way mount that came with the Firestik kit. And low and behold now I am getting meters reading below 2.0:1 on the first 26 channels.....and channels 27 to 40 don't get any higher then 2.5:1. Very strange.....all I can think of is somehow the unit was grounding itself somewhere on the ARB mount? Other strange thing is I get the lowest meter readings when I took out the tuning screw completely and used the stainless 3 way mount. So....that is who I am running it now. Go figure.

Next time we get together I would like to see if you get the same low readings with your meter that I am getting with the one I am using now.