4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12)

Posted by: Huey

4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 07/03/06 02:58 PM

Anyone going to this? I might go if there are some takers willing to meet up.

http://www.4wheelpartsstores.com/events.html

It's in San Mateo BTW.
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 07/03/06 03:24 PM

I can do Sunday.

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 07/03/06 09:51 PM

What time can you make it there? I'm thinking we can head over, check out the trucks, and then grab a late lunch.

Any other takers?

BTW, I'm looking to get some synthetic winch line. Anyone have a lead on a place that sells it cheap?
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 07/03/06 10:02 PM

I can probably make it up there by about 11am.
Posted by: Robinhood150

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 08/03/06 09:11 AM

www.rockstomper.com usually has the best prices on winch line. I'll be getting some too, soon, maybe we can order together and save on shipping.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 08/03/06 11:40 AM

Quote:
Anyone have a lead on a place that sells it cheap?
I'll second rockstomper.com that's where I got mine from. Afterwards I did run across this place, which I haven't bought from but they seem to be competitive and potentially cheaper.

http://www.offroadoverstock.com/index.cfm

They sell Amsteel as well and have all sorts of hook options. If you are switching from the stock Warn hook you may want to upgrade or will need an adapter so that the hook will fit the thimble needed with synthetic. If you have a roughened roller fairlead then there is also the hawse to consider. I ended up with UHMWPE (plastic) but would likely go aluminum now since I've learned mine may flex too much allowing the line to rub on the steel opening.

And I might be up for going over there for kicks.
Geoff

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 08/03/06 11:44 AM

Oh, and you can get the line protector thing at REI for a little cheaper...Geoff seemed to recall $0.60 per foot?

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 08/03/06 11:58 AM

I plan on going just not sure which day yet,
Posted by: KaiOtiK

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 08/03/06 05:27 PM

BTW, I'm looking to get some synthetic winch line. Anyone have a lead on a place that sells it cheap?

Huey,
I got my amsteel 3/8" x 100' synthetic winch line, hawse fairlead, hook, snatchblock...Etc from the following place:
http://www.okoffroad.com/

He gave me some really great pricing for all the stuff I got plus only charged me $12.00 to ship it all...I received all my stuff 3 days after purchase...Great customer service.

PS: I have a steel 3/8" x 100' winch cable & hook I'll sell you for only $50.00. I took it off my new mile-marker SE12,000 winch I just installed. If you decide not to go with the synthetic line right now...It's yours!

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 10/03/06 09:55 AM

Dean, give me a call Sun morning.

Steve, I might take you up on that. I just need to be sure I don't jump the gun and buy something at TruckFest.

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 10/03/06 11:21 AM

Huey,

Want to carpool on Sun to San Mateo from your place?

Geoff

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 10/03/06 11:44 AM

sure, sent you a PM with my cell #.

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 11/03/06 01:32 PM

I'm in. Got room in that carpool?

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 20/03/06 09:33 AM

Huey, I'm going to be ordering the rope this week, probably from rockstomper. I need to get some shackle mounts for the bumper so that'll raise the cost of shipping. You might want to order your rope seperately and buy from offroadoverstock.com. They're $7 cheaper and offer free shipping. okoffroad was either the same price as rockstomper or slightly more expensive (I forget now).

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Truckfest this sat/sun (march 11-12) - 20/03/06 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinhood150:
Huey, I'm going to be ordering the rope this week, probably from rockstomper. I need to get some shackle mounts for the bumper so that'll raise the cost of shipping. You might want to order your rope seperately and buy from offroadoverstock.com. They're $7 cheaper and offer free shipping. okoffroad was either the same price as rockstomper or slightly more expensive (I forget now).
Cool, I ended up spending money on the LGT this month, so I'll wait a bit to buy the rope anyways.