need info/help quick, please!

Posted by: Anonymous

need info/help quick, please! - 10/04/06 09:00 AM

my friend works at the best buy in Dublin... his car broke down (clutch). it is a mitsu mirage de... is there anyone that would know of any good/ reliable shops out that way... we are trying to aviod towing it to far.. we are starving students wink thanks in advance
Robert
Posted by: Robinhood150

Re: need info/help quick, please! - 10/04/06 10:09 AM

I've taken my truck to autotron in pleasanton and Elby's autoworks in dublin. Both are expensive though, in fact, more per hour than the toyota dealer. Not sure if autotron works on mitsu's, they charge $110 per hour.

I hear good things about precision auto care and dublin autoworks.

Re: need info/help quick, please! - 11/04/06 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by THEEPOLARBEAR:
my friend works at the best buy in Dublin... his car broke down (clutch). it is a mitsu mirage de... is there anyone that would know of any good/ reliable shops out that way... we are trying to aviod towing it to far.. we are starving students wink thanks in advance
Robert
There's a guy in Dublin who has a shop called Broadway Motors off Village Parkway at Amador Valley Blvd. His name is Dave and he does pretty good work. We refer to him as "Pirate Guy". You'll see why! wink
Posted by: KJ_dragon

Re: need info/help quick, please! - 11/04/06 02:21 PM

That's a tough area for cheap work. Somewhat affluent. Good luck!

Re: need info/help quick, please! - 13/04/06 09:53 AM

thanks for the help guys!!! greatly appreciated... we ended up taking it to dublin auto works... $115/hour ugh... came out to almost $1k... apparently there were other parts that were messed up too... it was all to do with the clutch tho.... i dont know much about clutches & tranys... but that still seems a little steep... whatever... didn't come out of MY pocket wink thanks again!!!