Travel Notice

Posted by: debgary

Travel Notice - 27/12/07 05:43 PM

Long time not post!
Just dropping a line to say I'll be in Death Valley from January 13 to the 20th. I'll be taking the Armada and travel trailer and concentrating on photography. If you happen to be in the area I'll be at the Furnace Creek campground, site #93.

Happy New Year!

[drink]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Travel Notice - 25/01/08 07:38 AM

How did your trip go? We were in campground 41 & 42 from the 13th to the 18th. You might have seen a Granite 04 Xterra running around with a bunch of mud on the sides. I didn't see this post when I checked before I left. Hope you had fun. I had a BLAST!

-hutch

Re: Travel Notice - 27/01/08 04:38 PM

We had a good time also. Having the Armada made me stay away from most of the trails I would've gone on with the Xterra. I'm sure you saw as I did how Death Valley makes you put on a few miles to see as much as you can. I think we drove a couple of hundred miles to cover most of the loops in and around the valley. We drove out to Ryolite, then through Titus Canyon, out to Ubehebe crater and on to the Racetrack. Since I hate backtracking I took a chance and drove down Lippencott Mine rode and then made our way back to camp via Saline Valley road. We did more hiking than we've ever done in the past making me even more interested in going back again just to hike more of the smaller canyons. Death Valley's always worth the time.

Re: Travel Notice - 20/02/08 08:40 PM

Hey,

So do you have any pictures for us? My yearly trip to DVNP will not happen due to the upcoming wedding that sucked my wallet dry. Love that place though...
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: Travel Notice - 21/02/08 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:
My yearly trip to DVNP will not happen due to the upcoming wedding that sucked my wallet dry. Love that place though...
What?! You mean you don't want to honeymoon in DV? [LOL] [Laughing]

Re: Travel Notice - 21/02/08 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:
[b]My yearly trip to DVNP will not happen due to the upcoming wedding that sucked my wallet dry. Love that place though...
What?! You mean you don't want to honeymoon in DV? [LOL] [Laughing] [/b]
Nope, we'll go to Denali NP next summer smile

Re: Travel Notice - 10/03/08 04:40 PM

I've always had trouble figuring out how to post photo's. confused
Posted by: XPLORx4

Re: Travel Notice - 12/03/08 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by debgary:
I've always had trouble figuring out how to post photo's. confused
You can't directly upload images from your hard drive to XOC. Host your photos online using your favorite online photo-sharing website like pbase, smugmug, webshots, shutterfly, photobucket, flickr.com, yahoo, etc, then post a link to the photos here by copying the image url of your photo and pasting it in a post here on XOC using the [img] tag.

Like this:
[img]http://www.insert image url here.com [ /img]