Ouch

Posted by: BlueJ

Ouch - 18/10/09 04:08 PM

Oh no, I rolled the X Wednesday after the big rain! I'm ok but the Xterra will probably be declared totaled.
Story... watch out for wet pine needles and eucalyptus leaves on steep, curvy roads. I 'fishtailed' a couple of times and paused head-on into the roadbank. Then did a slow side rollover (and over) and ended up back on all 4 wheels headed into the bank.
So I'm plenty bummed out, but I started looking a little at newer Xterras. I'm not ready to give up adventures and you NCCX pals.
Any suggestions? any requests for 2000 parts? Gary anything you need for your 2000? Anybody else(here in Bay Area)? Maybe I can remove the Shrockworks sliders and wheels; 31"BFG ATs.

J
Posted by: slantyshanty

Re: Ouch - 18/10/09 06:15 PM

DUDE!!! That sux so bad. Good to hear you are ok. Just buy the X back from the insurance company for "scrap" and chop the top on that bad boy and make it off road only.

Feels strange asking for parts, like asking if you can have someone's desk at work after they die?!

(lemme get that plastic rear bumper step cover thing)
Posted by: Huey

Re: Ouch - 18/10/09 07:43 PM

Yikes so sorry to hear Jean!

BTW, NCCX is now posting over here: http://www.4x4NorCal.com
Posted by: BlueJ

Re: Ouch - 27/10/09 01:57 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. Huey, I went over to the new forum.
Shantyshanty, have decided not to make the X into a dune buggy/sandrail! And the only pre-dented piece was the right rear bumper corner where a big rock got it, don't think that was the part you wanted though... Maybe I'll see you out in the desert in the springtime.
Posted by: Cliff

Re: Ouch - 27/10/09 05:57 PM

If your are looking for used I would avoid the 2005 X. They upgraded the rear differential in 2006 in an attempt to eliminate failures. It worked for the most part. The off road model is more prone to failure then the other models because the locking rear differential seems to cause heat issues.