Portland X's help me with a group experiment.

Posted by: Anonymous

Portland X's help me with a group experiment. - 05/04/07 10:55 PM

Ok for a little test and in no way binding i want to test a theory on determining best meet locations for all those involved. So the way i came up is we'll get everyones approx longitudes and latitudes and averaging them to determine the most central spot for all. It very experimental so go with me on this.

Use this link
http://stevemorse.org/jcal/latlon.php
and past your location in decimal form.

example for me
lat 45.456915
long -122.568476
Posted by: Mosi

Re: Portland X's help me with a group experiment. - 06/04/07 08:20 AM

I don't want any of you yahoos to know where we live. laugh

Seriously though, I think we found a really good spot. There are 6 or more people on the West side and that Mcmenamins is close enough to Hwy 26 that it's not that big of a deal. When we were with the Rover Club, they used to have the monthly at the Lucky Lab in Portland which was pretty central but it sucked. Near impossible to find seating together, horrible parking, and WAY TOO loud. The place we met on Tuesday didn't get crowded and also has a good chunk of seating outside for when it gets warmer.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Portland X's help me with a group experiment. - 07/04/07 10:08 PM

No biggie, i can understand not wanting your info online. Just an idea that popped into my head reading the gathering post and i wanted to test out the theory. Fortunatly the bike board i'm on was willing to try and so far its working well in execution. Tempted to make up a little vb script or something so i can add it to the site.
Posted by: mindie

Re: Portland X's help me with a group experiment. - 08/04/07 10:18 AM

Cool idea, but we're not really looking to have one set place or area that we always go. Another problem is that most of the people who go don't frequent this board, so you'd never get their info anyway. I'm glad it's working for your club, though!