Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW

Posted by: Ramstein92

Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 11:55 AM

DFW-ites

We are going to caravan down to the meeting in Waco this Saturday. Our current plan is to meet at the RaceTrac gas station on 35 and Beltline at 11 AM. If you want to drive, or ride, with one of us, please respond.

Also, for those coming from another area of town, we can meet up at some point further down 35 if ya wish. Just please respond so we can plan accordingly. smile

s
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 12:32 PM

Anyone wanting to truck-pool?

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 12:38 PM

U offering to drive or asking to ride?
Posted by: Kaiser

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 01:29 PM

Either way... if I ride with someone it's easier on me.... if I have a passenger it's more entertaining...
Posted by: surfingteacher

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 02:53 PM

I'm definitely going. Not sure if I will ride or drive. If I ride, I can drink...yahoo! If I drive, I can show off my pretty new lights! Saturday too far away to think.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 03:19 PM

I will meet you guys down around Burleson. Give me an estimated time you will be down by that area and I will be hailing on CB, as you pass I will jump on the freeway or you can stop..whatever is easiest.

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 03:27 PM

Does 35E go past Burleson?

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 19/01/04 03:40 PM

nopers..forgot about that. I guess I will just meet you guys in Waco.

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 20/01/04 12:41 PM

Hey guys,

I was thinking about joining the club at the meeting this Saturday, but I have a few questions:

1) Is it ok to join at the meeting, or do I need to mail in the print out on the web site?

2) Do you guys bring the wife/girlfriend to the meeting?

3) I'm in Waxahachie, so I might want to catch the caravan when you make down this way.

Thanks,

Fred

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 20/01/04 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:

1) Is it ok to join at the meeting?

2) Do you guys bring the wife/girlfriend to the meeting?

3) I'm in Waxahachie, so I might want to catch the caravan when you make down this way.
Yes

Yes
Although some bring their husband/boyfriend; I am bringing my son.

Ok.
We are leaving at noon, so we should be in your area around, what, 1245? Pick an exit and we will meet you there. Oh, shoot me your cell number in case unplanned events occur. Mine is 214 417 6816

Scott
Posted by: RReuscher

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 21/01/04 07:58 PM

We finally sat down and figured out Saturday's timeline. Looks like I'm going to blow off William's activities, and join the caravan. laugh

See you at Racetrac.

Walt,
You going? Looks like there's a repeater in Hillsboro that says it covers from south of DFW to north of Waco (146.78 -). I'll add this and a Waco repeater (145.15 - pl 123.0) to the radio and be monitoring/calling on the trip. If we find each other we can switch to the club simplex frequency we get close enough, that way we can talk about the other members without them listening. wink

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 22/01/04 09:37 AM

UPDATE: We are meeting at the RaceTrac at 11 AM.
Posted by: Walt

Re: Waco Meeting Caravan - from DFW - 22/01/04 05:25 PM

Yes- I'm going. I've made note of the repeater info. Robert- I'll check for you once I get around Alvarado.

Thanks!